BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Wheel/Offset Gurus and Experts- NEED YOUR HELP! E90 M3 content

So my first post attempt at this was completely pathetic, so here is a more educated post.

Older sister had some 20" Iforged Swifts on her car. Size is 20x9F, 20x10.5R. Now the wheels have been sitting in her garage for some time. Now she doesnt want to mount them back on (chick driver w/ 20's=flats at least once every two months.. dont ask..) and she wants to ride with meaty stocks.

Anyways I never considered putting them on my car. Until I saw them the other day. The look pretty damn good. So I contacted Iforged to get some info on the offsets- was told that if those are the exact dimensions, and the wheels where built for an E60 525i, the offsets would be +18 front and +25 rear.

That got me excited because I feel like I can get these to work but I'm not sure, I definitely need to swap out the tires, which is a damn shame because the thread is great, but one tire is bad. And to be honest when I inspected the flat tire, it look completely fine, hopefully its a small puncture and the tire can be easily fixed. None the less I would need small series tires because my car is dumped on R&D Sport Springs.

Reference of how my car sitslease note I have MS spacers +15F and +12R. So technically my stock rims sit at 245/35/19 w/ a +14 Front and 265/35/19 +11 REAR.

And here are the wheels I want to try to mount. First things first, I'm going to try to do a test fit even with these big tires on one side, just to see how the rim sits and if there is hope if i swap out the tires. FYI TIRE sizes on the rims are 255/35/20 and 285/30/20 V12's, and V12's tend to have more square sidewall tires like michellin and nitto. And if all works I will get the wheels sand blasted and powdercoated a fresh coat of satin black.

Horrible pics, the only pics i have with them mounted on her car. SORRY FOR NOT RESIZING

Again, E60 wheels, not E39 wheels, which means they should fit in my wheel bore, without getting the ring hubs to get E39 wheels to work with the newer cars, so I won't have that issue.

My primary question is, If these can work, what tire sizes do I need? I was thinking along the lines of a 255/30 F and 275/30 or 285/25 R. Possibly V12's or maybe FK452 cause Falken sidewalls are more rounded than square and also stretch well. Or a 275/30 FK452 or Toyo T1R.

I appreciate any opinions or advice. Again I will do a test fit next Tuesday. I guess I am a bit antsy until than, but I'm pretty confident they will fit. The issue I have is knowing the right tire sizes to get. And yes I DO planning on getting my fenders rollled.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
ShowroomM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

fitment should be dead on actually based on the widths and offsets you provided. For tire sizes, you should go 245/30/20 & 295/25/20 based on the fitment & the aggressive drop that you have.
Appreciate 0