BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

07-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
junhyuk8901
///M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 DCT

Do not go to VirginiaTire & Auto Centreville.

I don't usually post like this kind of thread, but i gotta do this.

First of all, i changed my tire set in Virginia Tire couple weeks ago. After that,
i started to feel the vibration on my steering wheel. SO, i went back to the shop 2times to get rebalance. However, they couldn't find what was the problem.
They just told me that they had checked everyting like suspension, wheel, tire, and everything it may caused the vibration but they couldn't find anything wrong my car, so they just gave up. THEY TOLD ME TO GO BMW DEALER.

So, i went to the Curry's Auto in Dulles today. They test drive my car and found the problem in 30min which Virginia Tire couldn't find in more than 5 hours.

The problem was they put some kind of "Metal Sandbag" in rims when they were doing "Wheel Weight". The sand(metal) was moving back and forth while i was driving; this was the problem. So, Curry's changed that to just normal metal for wheel weight and vibration is all gone!!

Mike(Curry's manager) told me that the sandbag is cheaper than metal; that is why they might used for wheel weight(I am not sure but according to him).

Anyway, don't go to Virginia Tire & Auto Centreville if you care about your car. They use improper parts to fix your car, and i totally don't understand how can anyshop give up to fix the car what they are doing for living.
      07-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Tuner1984
1 Stock M
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Slow

Garage List
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Thanks for the heads up!!!

Current: E46 M3
Retired: 2009 E90 AW M3
Retired: 2007 E90 AW 335i.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
WagonSquad
White Rice
Rep
Drives: Purple E91

are you the white m3 with black mesh wheels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by junhyuk8901 View Post

First of all, i changed my tire set in Virginia Tire couple weeks ago. After that,
i started to feel the vibration on my steering wheel. SO, i went back to the shop 2times to get rebalance. However, they couldn't find what was the problem.
They just told me that they had checked everyting like suspension, wheel, tire, and everything it may caused the vibration but they couldn't find anything wrong my car, so they just gave up. THEY TOLD ME TO GO BMW DEALER.

So, i went to the Curry's Auto in Dulles today. They test drive my car and found the problem in 30min which Virginia Tire couldn't find in more than 5 hours.

The problem was they put some kind of "Metal Sandbag" in rims when they were doing "Wheel Weight". The sand(metal) was moving back and forth while i was driving; this was the problem. So, Curry's changed that to just normal metal for wheel weight and vibration is all gone!!

Mike(Curry's manager) told me that the sandbag is cheaper than metal; that is why they might used for wheel weight(I am not sure but according to him).

Anyway, don't go to Virginia Tire & Auto Centreville if you care about your car. They use improper parts to fix your car, and i totally don't understand how can anyshop give up to fix the car what they are doing for living.
E91 6SPD wagon
E90 single turbo
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: my feet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-E92 View Post
are you the white m3 with black mesh wheels?
Yup, I think you 2 met each other at the car wash by our house a while back. Have you seen the other AW e92? He lives across the street from you sorta near Paris, he got some dishes on his, it's different from the one with carbon fiber wheels and meisterschaft exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Hey, can you tell me at what speeds you had the vibrations, couple months ago i got the new set of PS2's, the dealer did alignment and roadforce etc. i had vibrations between 60-90 mph. the vibrations are wearing down as i wear the tires. but i was expecting a silky smooth ride with the new tires and adjustments. The dealer rechecked their work and it was still vibrating. i am wondering if the dealers equipment is faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junhyuk8901 View Post

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
JerezBlacke92
Jabowocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black

Sorry to hear that. Can I ask where did you buy the tires and what did you end paying

[QUOTE=junhyuk8901;9966803]I don't usually post like this kind of thread, but i gotta do this.

Anyway, don't go to Virginia Tire