BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

05-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
DrL
Private
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

FS: 2008 E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have finally decided to sell my car. Here are the basic specs:

2008 E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite
6MT, premium, tech, heated seats, premium sound
18"
Black leather, Carbon trim
27,000 miles
Matte black front/side grills and painted reflectors (only mods done to car)

I bought this car about two years ago (summer '09), from a dealer in Socal with about 8,000 miles. I know there are many opinions, but I think this color is one of the best, particularly with the 18" wheels that essentially match the paint. I actually much prefer these wheels on any M3 - less bling and looks more like a race car.

Since I have owned it no one other than myself has washed it. I detail the car myself, fairly obsessively, with Zaino products. I maintained the car thinking I would possibly keep it forever, or at least a very long time. I have clayed the entire car twice since I bought it, and every single time I wash the car I obsessively dry and clear water spots from the engine compartment, door jams, trunk, etc. And I always use clean microfiber towels, etc etc.

4 months after I bought it I was rear-ended on the 405 in stop/go traffic. There was damage to the right rear bumper and right rear fender. There was no frame damage, and I was happy with the results once it was fixed.

There are a few light scratches on the car, which would easily be removed by a professional detailer. Two wheels have very shallow rash marks which are barely noticeable. The front bumper has the most significant cosmetic flaws. There are the usual shallow chips from freeway driving, but none of these go all the way thru the paint. Additionally, the right side lowest portion of the bumper has a pretty deep scratch which isn't really noticed by just walking around the car. Finally, on the front bumper, the upper underside of the right side intake has a solid scratch which also is not noticeable by just walking around the car (I nudged the rearset of my ducati trying to pull in too close!).

The interior is in excellent shape. There is one small scratch on the driver seat (left side hip area) and a very minor rash on the steering wheel. Both of these were from the sharp edge of a bent rivet on my jeans.

PRICE:
I have been following listing on cars.com, ebay, etc, and most asking prices for 2008s with roughly the same mileage/setup as mine seem to range from 48 - 53 or so. I am asking 48K and that price is certainly negotiable, esp since the car has been in an accident. Although I am not desperate to sell, I would like to move the car as this will allow me to fund my next vehicle Therefore, I would describe myself as "motivated," not desperate! If it does not sell relatively soon I'll do a trade in, but I'd much prefer to sell it to someone on this forum, for the benefit of both buyer and seller.

Here are a couple OK pics. I have many more, including pics of the flaws described above which I'll be happy to provide to anyone interested.

Attached Images

Last edited by DrL; 05-25-2011 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: addition
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Good luck man. I posted mine at $47K a few weeks back and no takers, with only 8K miles (original owner with 2 years left of warranty/maintenance), and $2K in cosmetic upgrades. It has every option (6MT too), and in basically perfect condition but also with a cosmetic accident in its history (clean carfax though), and will probably end up keeping it. If you're motivated to sell it, put it on eBay man, and see what the real market is. In my research, yours is probably worth $44K tops on a private sale. You'll find out soon enough . Good luck man. And bump for you .
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
DrL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Good luck man. I posted mine at $47K a few weeks back and no takers, with only 8K miles (original owner with 2 years left of warranty/maintenance), and $2K in cosmetic upgrades. It has every option (6MT too), and in basically perfect condition but also with a cosmetic accident in its history (clean carfax though), and will probably end up keeping it. If you're motivated to sell it, put it on eBay man, and see what the real market is. In my research, yours is probably worth $44K tops on a private sale. You'll find out soon enough . Good luck man. And bump for you .
Thanks - good "data point"

Like I said the price is negotiable. I haven't followed car prices so didn't really know what a good starting point was.

ebay is my next step....but as I said hoping to sell here.

Guys - make an offer! I love the car but its gotta go!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
sourphish
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 i4 M50

Garage List
Wish I could afford an M3...but then I'd also have to sell my current sparkling graphite 335 :P. GLWS!
      05-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
RezTTU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mineral White E92 ZCP

Sparkling graphite is my favorite color on the M3, bump! GLWS
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
had the same color in a 335. not too thrilled
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i'm sort of interested, but not quite ready to buy. hold on to it for about another year and i'll shoot you a serious offer.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
DrL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i'm sort of interested, but not quite ready to buy. hold on to it for about another year and i'll shoot you a serious offer.
unfortunately i want to unload soon! get a loan and buy my car I'll give you a great deal!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
had the same color in a 335. not too thrilled
Which color? Mine is not available on 335s (exclusive M color).

Glad you're aware of the market OP, but before any price reduction, I'd post in on eBay man; it's free. Plus you get a car report for free too . Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
DrL
Private
Rep

Going, going, gone.

Guys, I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a new car. This beautiful M3 is gonna have to go for trade-in soon if I don't find a buyer. Basically, get this car for what the dealer will give me, and we all know that is well below what it is worth.

Contact me for a screaming deal on this car before it goes.....
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #11
brb
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

PM Sent
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
RollieM3
Rep
Drives: '98 M3/4 & '95 M3 Race Car

I'd really like to see pics of that right rr corner you speak of (as opposed to the left rr that you show) - where the damage was repaired - both site lines down the fender looking either way and across the bumper as well as a shot from underneath.

Who was it repaired by?? (ie. dealer or 3rd party shop)
Thx,
DR
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
DrL
Private
Rep

FS: 2008 E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite UPDATED

Thanks for the interest in the car. Turns out the dealer will be picking up the car in a couple days. Trade offer was better than we all expected....

It came down to two cars I was interested in, both out of state.

Dealer 1 offered 40K and had a car I was very interested in.

Dealer 2 offered found a dealer in CA to take the car for 43K and had a car I was profoundly interested in, but was significantly more expensive.

I was initially leaning toward dealer 1, and thought 40K would be an awesome deal for somebody on the forum. In the 2 yrs I've had the M3 I've learned a lot from this forum and wanted to give somebody here. But in the end I gave up the struggle and went with dealer 2!

I love the M3 and I'll miss that car....

but incoming is a 2011 GREEN GT3 RS with 500 miles on the clock and I'm pissing my pants I'm so excited!

Thanks again for inquiring about the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #14
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

thanks for being honest. good luck it's a great color

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #15
RezTTU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mineral White E92 ZCP

Good luck with your new awesome car!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #16
Socal2Van
Rep
Drives: Upgrading

That is a sick deal. If I knew about this site earlier I would have purchased. Enjoy ur new ride.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #17
OniKoroshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 535i

I would have easily paid 40-42k but you started your price at 48, didn't seem right to low ball you that much.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
Jeff_DML
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrL View Post
Thanks for the interest in the car. Turns out the dealer will be picking up the car in a couple days. Trade offer was better than we all expected....

It came down to two cars I was interested in, both out of state.

Dealer 1 offered 40K and had a car I was very interested in.

Dealer 2 offered found a dealer in CA to take the car for 43K and had a car I was profoundly interested in, but was significantly more expensive.

I was initially leaning toward dealer 1, and thought 40K would be an awesome deal for somebody on the forum. In the 2 yrs I've had the M3 I've learned a lot from this forum and wanted to give somebody here. But in the end I gave up the struggle and went with dealer 2!

I love the M3 and I'll miss that car....

but incoming is a 2011 GREEN GT3 RS with 500 miles on the clock and I'm pissing my pants I'm so excited!

Thanks again for inquiring about the car.
lets see some pics of GT3 RS, there was one at Pioneer for sale too(edit: just remembered it was a GT2RS to GT3RS)

Last edited by Jeff_DML; 08-08-2011 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
dlee825
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

is this car still for sale? really interested, can you pm me a price?
Appreciate 0