New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
SHADOW4
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M4 2018

Garage List
2010 E89 35i  [0.00]
Progressive Ostrich Shield Vacation

Finaly some nice weather. My son and me going for a 2-3 week driving wherever we want. Picked up some DVD's (now when we have TVfree) at my ex's place and i thought i take some pics of the Z4 before it gets dirty. We are in Denmark now (900 km) and got splashed bugs all over the front. I'm glad i have the shield!

And we have done the magic number! but, i will not floor it until we come back home and changed the oil/filter. I know.......... but i do belive you should do it after the break in.

No issues so far and it's really like driving a locomotive, it just eats road. Mostly in D and Sport mode. I have seen 1 Z4 M coupe and 1 Z3, 2 Ferrari's, 1 Lambo, 1 i don't know what but it sure looked fast and tons of Porsche's and Jaguar's.
Not a single E89! It's almost become so i really never want to see one.

Have a nice summer fellow E89 fans on the forum.

Shadow4
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

You're in for a good time!

Now you weren't letting your son take that lime green dino thingy are you, not in your Z4?!

The mats look like they fit perfect. Very nice. I think I'm one of the few people that like the dark wood trim.

Good luck and have a nice drive with your son. I'm sure both of you will never forget the time you spent together.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
SHADOW4
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2010 E89 35i  [0.00]
I think it is an frog!

I actually strangled him with the aft small window. He survived 400 km with his head outside the car. I saw him stuck when we stopped for fuel.

And the car is my sons. I'm just taking care of it until he gets his license.

The mats are perfect, We get rubbermats as standard in sweden. I'll get another pair of progressives to use when washing the others. I will never ever use rubber!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

You're doing a great job raising your son to be a true bimmer lover!

What brand are your mats and where did you buy them. They remind me of some I've seen here in the states. Are they primarily a natural material or synthetic?

It's amazing how well your luggage fit. Are you one of that got in on a group buy that was being discussed on the forum?
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

I recognize that shirt!!! And I've got the same Roadsterbag luggage. Nice.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
SHADOW4
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2010 E89 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
You're doing a great job raising your son to be a true bimmer lover!

What brand are your mats and where did you buy them. They remind me of some I've seen here in the states. Are they primarily a natural material or synthetic?

It's amazing how well your luggage fit. Are you one of that got in on a group buy that was being discussed on the forum?
I actually have to tell him all the time that our Z4 isn't the fastest car in the world because he's bragging too much about it. The other day we where passed by some big, wide, rumbeling Porsche with everything on it and when we talked about it he just said:

-Fast, but Shadow is faster than all other cars!

Mats are BMW's own, have an Z4 logo (can't see in the pic) and cost around 100 Euro. Mixed material ( i think, never really checked) feels quality and follows the floor perfectly. They are thin but durable.

Roadsterbags i bought directly from Roadsterbags

It's amazing how much you can put in them. I say we are overpacked. In the third flat bag i keep cameras, computer, chargers, documents and all other small things you don't want floating around in the cabin......eeh.....cockpit.

So far we have done Legoland in Billund (2 days) and Tivoli in Copenhagen (full day) and are back in Sweden for a day of doing nothing. Then we see...................

Car performs beautifully!
Appreciate 0