BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-26-2023, 10:51 AM   #1
jsp1777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i Xdrive

Voice Control...Does It Work Well?

I test drove a 760i yesterday. Was very impressed with the ride and most of the tech.
Had trouble using the voice control. Tried to set cruise control...couldn't do it. Tried to start massage seats....same. Salesman said it could be I was not "paired" with the car yet (this seemed suspect me). Worked on opening windows, setting climate control, and a few other functions.

Can owners weigh in on the cars ability to use voice commands to start various functions (like the ones above)? Will this improve over time with software updates? Thx!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 06:11 PM   #2
KevinDC
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp1777 View Post
I test drove a 760i yesterday. Was very impressed with the ride and most of the tech.
Had trouble using the voice control. Tried to set cruise control...couldn't do it. Tried to start massage seats....same. Salesman said it could be I was not "paired" with the car yet (this seemed suspect me). Worked on opening windows, setting climate control, and a few other functions.

Can owners weigh in on the cars ability to use voice commands to start various functions (like the ones above)? Will this improve over time with software updates? Thx!
I’ve owned my G70 for over a month. The voice control has been hot/cold. Initially, I changed the activation term from “my BMW” to “Mother” (an ode to the original Alien movie), which didn’t last long as many other words spoken in the cabin would activate the voice control (“another”, “leather”, etc). Reverting back to “myBMW” as the activation phrase, there are times when the voice control doesn’t activate when I request it. Other times, it works perfectly. I have found that once myBMW is activated, I’ve had very few issues with it performing simple tasks. However, the inconsistency is an annoyance.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 09:28 PM   #3
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Isn’t the default phrase “Hey BMW”?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 06:16 PM   #4
KevinDC
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Isn’t the default phrase “Hey BMW”?
It is. My bad as I mis-typed. But I still have the same periodic issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 07:53 PM   #5
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDC View Post
It is. My bad as I mis-typed. But I still have the same periodic issues.
Haha, gotcha. For a while I was thinking that maybe the issue was that you said “MyBMW” and sometimes the car intermittently heard “Hey BMW”
Appreciate 0