BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-12-2021, 11:27 AM   #1
Sassriverrat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Removing LED Strip in door Panels

Good Morning,

I'm trying to swap my door cards out (wish I had ordered full leather the first time.....) and I'm in the process of swapping out the trim since the donor cards are a dark chrome vs my lighter. Anyway, on the donors (read test removal) I carefully heated the backside of the trim but couldn't get the light strip off it's still hangar. It broke along the strip itself. I then tried heating the second strip on the second door while trying to pry and it still ended up breaking.

Now I'm removing my door cards and I don't have any more "practice" strips to break. The trim, with patience and heat, comes off easy enough. Anyone have recommendations here?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 07:23 AM   #2
jimmydick
Boner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 AW ZCP

Have to work slow on freeing each post up individually. Once each is free, then slowly separate per post and it will come apart.
Appreciate 0