BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-09-2017, 11:27 PM   #1
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

9CBB Short Circuit. Angel eye out

Hi everyone,

About 2 months ago my passenger side angel eyes went out. I haven't been driving my car much so I didn't care to fix it right away. Just this past week I went to get my angel eyes actually replaced (new angel eyes, blacked out housing). The new angel eyes plugged directly into the existing plug the h8 would plug in to so no splicing or new wiring was necessary. In doing this, I figured it would fix my problem since there wouldn't be any more h8 bulbs. We plugged the headlights in and the angel eyes still didn't work.

We removed the headlights, switched the ballasts and plugged them back in. Passenger side still didn't work. We then moved the passenger side headlight entire housing to the driver side and plugged it into the driver side plug. The angel eyes lit up. Keep in mind that even on the passenger side, although the angel eyes didn't work all other lights worked.

I scanned my car and I had a 9CBB short circuit fault 2 error. I did some research and came across threads with similar issues. The solution was resetting the short circuit protection fault with Tool32. I downloaded the programs, got them working correctly and tried resetting. The past 2 days with multiple tries I have not been able to get them to turn on. With those familiar with tool32, I didn't just do the angel eye argument, I did all the lights as well and nothing worked. Load inpa after tool32, clear codes and they just come back.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations I should try? I'm just confused since the headlight that doesn't work well works completely fine on the driver side plug so everything within the headlight wiring is fine. Could this be a footwell module issue requiring a replacement? Attached is a picture of codes in the frm from Carly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

If it is the FRM it is still under warranty. The problem with that is the dealership will most likely charge you for a diagnosis first. Have you done your airbag or battery cable recalls? If not, then there would be no diagnosis fee and they will catch that the FRM module has issues. I am aware that this does not answer your question..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
If it is the FRM it is still under warranty. The problem with that is the dealership will most likely charge you for a diagnosis first. Have you done your airbag or battery cable recalls? If not, then there would be no diagnosis fee and they will catch that the FRM module has issues. I am aware that this does not answer your question..
Yeah I just found out the frm is under warranty. Gonna talk to my SA and bring it in tomorrow. Idk how it's going to play out though because my headlights are not stock anymore, blacked out housing and upgraded rings. No splicing or anything though same wiring. My SA is cool, when I had warranty I'd come in with tune and catless exhaust he doesn't care about mods but since this modification is directly related to the frm module not sure how it will play out. Hoping for the best! Lol
Appreciate 0