Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

12-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
Robbie222
Registered
Rep
Drives: E36 325i

Question Record your M4 GTS

Dear M4 GTS owners,

My name is Filip Roberto, I am an indie game developer.

I am currently working on a drift simulator prototype and I have picked the amazing M4 GTS for the first car that will be in the game. As you can imagine, sounds are as important as graphics for an immersive experience.

I am currently working on the engine/exhaust and I am having troubles reproducing the great sounds that the M4 GTS delivers. I've spent countless hours trying to find that one good recording on youtube with no luck.

I am wondering if anyone would help me by recording their engine/exhaust sound steady at different rpms ( 3-5 seconds at each x1000 up to rev limiter - 5 secs at steady 2k rpm, 5 secs steady at 3k rpm etc)

Unfortunately I have not found any M4 GTS owner in my area willing to help, so I can't do it myself. You don't need the best recording mic available as long as there is no background noise/wind.

Being a solo indie developer with a team that consists of me, myself and my shadow I cannot afford to pay for your help, however what I can do is mention you in the credits as well as offer you a free copy of the game once it will release.

A quick screenshot with the current progress:
http://puu.sh/sVQPq/67f7feb256.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by Robbie222; 12-20-2016 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0