BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-30-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
bayareabimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 ; '16 750i; '15 S550

ECU Tuning Group and MPPK

Has anyone got an ECU tune from ECU Tuning Group? How was the experience?
Also there noticeable differences after installing the M Performance Power Kit?
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

From what i know they are NOT a legit tuning company. They post all over facebook, instagram how they have tunes for cars that literally just came out making some absurd power which isn't possible. Think of it this way....BMW specific tuners haven't even cracked the code for late model BMWs so how the heck does this company come out with software for every damn make and model so fast?

Another 5 series owner dropped off his 550 there to get a tune after making him all sorts of promises. Last i heard he took the car back because everything they told him was pretty much bogus.

Alan
      10-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

We have a tune present for your vehicle. I will PM you.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
bayareabimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 ; '16 750i; '15 S550

Is the RaceChip in your X5 worth the cost? Is there a noticeable difference? How is installation?
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #5
BMW - BEKTAS
Private
Rep
Drives: X5M

RaceChip is great. It's plug and play installation. The power is amazing and I don't have MPPK on my car. RaceChip works.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareabimmer
Is the RaceChip in your X5 worth the cost? Is there a noticeable difference? How is installation?
Call me tomorrow and I can answer your questions.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2015, 11:39 PM   #7
hamh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 MSport + VW GTI

From the official Dinan spec, their Stage 1 tune with MPPK have max 364 hp and max 430 torque

For Race chip, they only have data with non MPPK X5, which with Ultimate, you can get max 382 hp and max 505 torque
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #8
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Stock is 300 ft/lbs of torque. 505 from a piggy...ehhhh... Stock v8 twin turbo is only 480.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #9
JennaF10M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

I had a shop in Apex NC perform the ECU Tuning Group's M5 direct flash on my F10M5 and its way more powerful than I expected, especially compared to other tuned M's that I have been in. The place I went to has a long list of BMW tuning projects and even done the X6M... what I got from them was amazing customer service and more power than I know how to handle haha! Not sure what Alan is referencing above but as a person who has actually owned and worked with the ETG guys, I can attest to its legitimacy.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #10
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Two posts... not suspicious at all.

People can easily find reviews or lack of reviews it ecutuning and form their own opinion.

Alan
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #11
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Well, this makes me wonder why would one jump into a bench flash tune while most of the guys are worrying so much about a warranty.
FYI, bench flash tune for these F-series DME require to physically crack open the ECU or drill a hole to initiate the booting process. Now, that for sure the warranty will be voided 100%. While piggyback, you are at 50/50 chance.
Of course, bench flash tune create more power since it is similar to MPPK but with more aggressive variable.
But, if I am about to do that, I won't do bench flash tune. I will go for dyno tune, the reason being, each engine is not created equally.
I saw an F10 M5 being work on bench flash tune, and I was tempted. Once I know that it need to physically tamper the DME, I am not interested anymore. Unless if I am purchasing the car and active in every club racing event to win a championship.
Otherwise, piggyback is sufficient for my daily and weekend races (if I even got a chance to go ).
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #12
JennaF10M5
United_States
Rep

I agree on the module route for those who are worried about warranty, which ECU Tuning Group offered me as well. It was reassuring to know that they offered both options as most tuners only offer one or the other. I wasn't concerned with warranty, I just wanted the most bang for my buck. My car is completely stock outside of their tune and some filter upgrades. It outruns everyone I have encountered with other brand tunes and even bolt on tuned cars!

As the original posting requested, I was explaining my experience with them and the power I noticed immediately at pick up. The traction control light stops flashing about 75mph... from a 60mph punch it will blow the tires loose with everything in comfort and efficent mode. This car was fast before, no doubt there... but now, it's an animal. I just got comfortable enough with it to cut the traction control off but still find myself hesitant to push it like before, however, I have tested to make sure the speed limiter was removed!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #13
JennaF10M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Two posts... not suspicious at all.

People can easily find reviews or lack of reviews it ecutuning and form their own opinion.

Alan
Alan, only reason I joined was to purchase a set of springs from a local member. I just happened to stumble onto this posting and felt I could speak on my experience without someone attempting to discredit me. Which is one of the major reasons I tend to avoid the forums in general. If you personally have had a poor experience then that is YOUR story... and I am not here saying anything about YOUR experience so do us all a favor and stay in your lane, which from the sound of it... is the untuned lane.

Last edited by JennaF10M5; 10-03-2015 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #14
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Again there's enough on the Internet for people to form their own opinion. You came here to buy springs for your M5 and stumbled on this thread in the X5 section right.....

Your experience is not more valid than mine so let's keep it that way. Enjoy having a warranty-less M5.

Alan
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #15
JennaF10M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Again there's enough on the Internet for people to form their own opinion. You came here to buy springs for your M5 and stumbled on this thread in the X5 section right.....

Your experience is not more valid than mine so let's keep it that way. Enjoy having a warranty-less M5.

Alan
Well, given the weather I have been looking at SUV's so I just took a gander. Didn't expect to be attacked by someone else...I figured since they have basically the same engine (non-technical updated one) it would be a good daily with a tune! If I was going to be concerned about warranty I would have bought a Toyota, but I bought a performance car. I know this isn't for everyone, and that's okay, I didn't do this for anyone else. As far as experience, I didn't see a part where you said YOU had an experience but more so a third party one. I have seen bad post on almost every brand out there, I went the route I did because of the customer service and level of explanation the guys I worked with provided. Sorry that a good review is so uncommon these days that it warrants these sorts of conversations...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #16
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

I apologize if you are a legit member. I've been on the forums long enough to see lots of vendors that have fake screen names post lies to forum members. Still doesn't change my opinion about this company who posts all over social media bs gains for every damn make and model.

Alan
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #17
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

For anyone that truly wants more info about Ecu Tuning Group feel free to search all the major online car forums of the following names as well.

Singh Autosports
Jags Gill (owner)
ETG

Its all the same company and has been around for a long time. Make your own judgment X5 owners. I'm not affiliated with any particular company/tune and just presenting some history on this company. Now you know why I was skeptical in this thread.

Alan