European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
LSs1Power
Boost junkie
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Opal White or Silverstone interior

I'm about to place an order for an M3 and I'm having a hard time choosing a color.

It's down to two Combos, Alpine Whie with Red interior (love the red, reminds me of my X5M red interior) OR Blue with Opal White/Silverstone interior. I really like the Blue exterior and thought about black interior with it but not sure.

My only concern about a light interior is how does it age especially when coming in contact with dark jeans fabric. I have a 2013 LX570 with light tan interior and I already can see some bluish residue transfer from my jeans on the driver seat. Now the Lexus leather is so soft so im not sure about the M3 extended leather seats. Is it similar to Dakota or Nappa leather?

Any Opal White or Silverstone interior owners with feedback out there?

Last edited by LSs1Power; 07-25-2014 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
I highly doubt anybody has an opal white interior since it would require an individual order which I don't think have started yet. That said, white interiors just skeeve me out.... I don't know why. They are just yuck.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Leather is as soft or softer than the Lexus. You will get jeans transfer with silverstone, much less opal white.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

I have Opal White in my 650i GC. It is friggin gorgeous

Its really not hard to clean. Jeans will transfer dye, and the seat will show a little dirt and "greying" after about 3 weeks of getting in and out. I use Meguiar's Leather Cleaner once every 3 weeks or so and it looks good as new. I keep my car clean but the grime builds up. You will see little dirt scuffs and everything much more then on other colors, but the good news is the leather is finished very well and that leather cleaner takes everything right off!

I'm ditching the 650 for my m3 in October when it gets back from ED. Its a beautiful car but its too damn big, and I got a rescue puppy in January. . . Dogs don't agree with Opal White, but I wouldn't worry about anything else
Attached Images

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
did you individual all of that including the red stitching? it's awesome
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sedan

Opal white is by far the best looking interior imho
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

o boy... i would need to leave the plastic on.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
LSs1Power
Boost junkie
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Leather is as soft or softer than the Lexus. You will get jeans transfer with silverstone, much less opal white.
Thanks I modified the original thread to include silverstone. Maybe I get more feedback from silverstone interior guys out there.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #9
LSs1Power
Boost junkie
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post

Its really not hard to clean. Jeans will transfer dye, and the seat will show a little dirt and "greying" after about 3 weeks of getting in and out. I use Meguiar's Leather Cleaner once every 3 weeks or so and it looks good as new. I keep my car clean but the grime builds up. You will see little dirt scuffs and everything much more then on other colors, but the good news is the leather is finished very well and that leather cleaner takes everything right off!
Love the Opal white with SO exterior. I guess I need to get the Meguiar Leather cleaner for all my cars then.

Man I never had a harder time choosing a color for a car.

Exterior colors, Blue, AW, SO and Silverstone silver are all nice
Interior colors, Opal White, Silverstone and Red.

Maybe a compromise would be Silverstone exterior with Red Interior.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

I had Oyster Nappa, which is not far off of Silverstone, just less gray. Two kids couldn't destroy it, even stepping on it to get in and out of the car (yes, really). Good leather cleaner just wipes it off.

The new Merino has a similar "hand" to the Nappa. If anything, a bit slicker and less tacky...good for dirt.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Need4Speed_Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 M5, F10 M5, F80 M3

As much as I love the white interior it just does not look the same after 3 months. It wears EXTREMELY fast and gets extremely dirty. Can't go wrong with red. Good luck with your choice!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #12
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Opal White has the advantage of hiding all of your spilled cocaine when you get pulled over by the police for swerving. Officer, it's not my fault, the hooker really knows what she's doing.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #13
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Opal White has the advantage of hiding all of your spilled cocaine when you get pulled over by the police for swerving. Officer, it's not my fault, the hooker really knows what she's doing.
Hahaha this holds true. See my signature.

I didn't actually individual order the car, it was a limited edition production. I think they made like 20 or something along those lines. It was on the show room floor when I went in in December and I loved it. Its a great car but its too damn big for me. The AWD is the best I've had since its such a heavy car, and I had 18s with snow tires for the winter and literally murdered snow. I HATE the 20 inch wheels that came on the car and will hopefully never have 20s with lo-pros again.

But yeah, the contrasting Sakhir Orange piping and stitching make that interior really special.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0