BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-03-2021, 04:56 PM   #45
DES_MX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPastell View Post
And here is the car. Got a bit dusty on the way home so a wash is on the agenda.
Got to say it looks really nice, digging the Shadow Line pack. Really can't wait for mine to come, still 3-4 months waiting...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 10:38 AM   #46
Thanis34
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Nice black look ! I see you got the high exec spec as well. Rims look better in real life than on pictures, but still not really my cup of tea.

You make me doubt my color choice again. Hopefully the shadowline pack on the phytonic blue is as nice.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #47
Nyvapet
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW2 AT - BMW iX3

Hi everyone,

I got my iX3 delivered the 31/03 in Belgium
I have the same colour as JimPastell with all the options included
The car has now 650 km and I’m very satisfied with how the car is performing
When I drive on eco very carefully I make 415 km range (16,5 kWh/100km on the display) on the highway I still have to do a longer test, maby I do that tomorrow Monday

Excuse me for my English

Nyvapet
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #48
Nyvapet
Belgium
Rep

Here some pics

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 06:19 PM   #49
Nyvapet
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by josbmw View Post
Had it checked for the iX3 in the BMW ETK parts list. It only says green windscreen.

We made a test drive of an hour, but the dealer couldn’t tell and on that day it wasn’t warm and sunny.

So I’m not sure about the sun reflective screen. I think the only way to know is to put an iX3 towards the sun against an F10/F11 with a sun reflective screen and another car without a sun reflective screen.

Easy to test, since I have the last two cars.
Just need somebody to pass by with an iX3 on a warm sunny day when our cars are at home to compare .

maybe I can help you with this? I am also from Antwerp
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 01:59 AM   #50
Thanis34
Private
Rep

Nice, I also ordered at Centrauto ;-) but I ordered in January and have an estimated delivery date for July, when did you order that you already have it ?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 02:50 AM   #51
Nyvapet
Belgium
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanis34 View Post
Nice, I also ordered at Centrauto ;-) but I ordered in January and have an estimated delivery date for July, when did you order that you already have it ?

I bought a car at the beginning of March that had been traveling by boat since November from China, (stock car) so I couldn't really choose but it had all the options. Would have preferred the sophisto gray but also very satisfied with this color. I think i was lucky to come at the right moment by centrauto when the car almost arrived in Belgium
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 04:32 AM   #52
Jongløren
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 (G08)

Hi guys!

I have been absent from this forum for some years - the E92 became an i3 that was swapped to an F32 (LCI) and then back to an i3.

But now I have ordered the new iX3 - and it is time to reignite my membership of one of the best foras there is.

I went for the Sophisto Grey - and got rid of all the exterior blue "electric" details.

Since I am going to use the OEM wheels for my winter setup, I only opted for the 19" wheels. I actually think they look better than the 20" - haven't seen them IRL though.

The big question for me is: what are my options, if I want to go for 21" summer wheels?

Standard setup is: 19 x 8 (245/50 R19) with ET 27. I am looking at 21 x 9 (275/35 R21) with ET 30. According to www.willtheyfit.com it results in a wheel that poke around 10 mm further out and that is around 15 mm closer to the suspension strout.

Any idea if they will fit without needing to do further adjustments to the car? I am looking for a "plug and play" solution - no spacers, body work etc.

By the way: the car went into production in week 10, and should land in Denmark primo June. Can't wait!
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2021, 09:21 AM   #53
Nyvapet
Belgium
Rep

Today I made a trip at a maximum speed of 120 km/h where possible and an average of 94 km/h.
When i got home the odometer showed 278 km. Range was then 52 km to go. So a total of 330 km.

An average of 22.7 kWh/100 km shown on the display

Would have preferred to get more out of the battery, but when the speed increases, the battery drains quickly
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:24 AM   #54
Thanis34
Private
Rep

your test does not surprise and seems to about normal for an electric SUV, actually even on the lower side for a ride on the highway. Especially as there is a lot wind today
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #55
Thanis34
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongløren View Post
Since I am going to use the OEM wheels for my winter setup, I only opted for the 19" wheels. I actually think they look better than the 20" - haven't seen them IRL though.

The big question for me is: what are my options, if I want to go for 21" summer wheels?

Standard setup is: 19 x 8 (245/50 R19) with ET 27. I am looking at 21 x 9 (275/35 R21) with ET 30. According to www.willtheyfit.com it results in a wheel that poke around 10 mm further out and that is around 15 mm closer to the suspension strout.

Any idea if they will fit without needing to do further adjustments to the car? I am looking for a "plug and play" solution - no spacers, body work etc.
Nice to see more members opt for the iX3 BEV ! Wether they will fit, yes I think so, looking at the specs. But as far as I know, BMW themselves have not yet released any after-market rims

But the difference between ET27 & ET30 is doable, but keep in mind that due to larger RIM, closeness to the suspension and less rubber ... ride quality will definitely be less. I think a 20" is the best compromise, but yeah, I also do not like the standard 20" rims ... will look for a replacement asap.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #56
Jongløren
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 (G08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanis34 View Post
Nice to see more members opt for the iX3 BEV ! Wether they will fit, yes I think so, looking at the specs. But as far as I know, BMW themselves have not yet released any after-market rims

But the difference between ET27 & ET30 is doable, but keep in mind that due to larger RIM, closeness to the suspension and less rubber ... ride quality will definitely be less. I think a 20" is the best compromise, but yeah, I also do not like the standard 20" rims ... will look for a replacement asap.
Thanks - you are right, ride quality will most definitely suffer. I will give it some thoughts. Luckily for me the roads here in Denmark are generally in very good shape - so I will try to find the best compromise of looks vs. comfort.

I have been looking at the 21" BMW Style 726 (fits the fossil fueled BMW X3). However they are staggered with 8,5" in front and 9,5" in the rear. Even though it looks cool with wider rears, I would prefer same size all around.

The German brand Breyton are manufacturing some hefty rims - and they are BMW specific. The LS2 are nice - and the BR-I as well. The latter are quite cheap - but only come in 21 x 9,5. And that might be a bit to steep in the front.

Decisions decisions
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 02:50 PM   #57
josbmw
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F11 530d - F07 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyvapet View Post
An average of 22.7 kWh/100 km shown on the display
That's more or less what we got (about 22 kWh/100 km, didn't take a picture) on a mixed drive of an hour in Comfort mode, including some 15 minutes highway at 130-140 km/h.

I've checked the YouTube video mentioned in the beginning of the thread. I really have no idea how that guy gets at 14.5 kWh/100 km, unless he drives with an egg under his foot.
He drives in Eco Pro all the time and I have the impression he often drives about 10-20 km below the speed limit (it's hard to tell) .
Not much highway in it either, only a very small part with a large part at low speed due to construction on the highway with a speed limit.

Last edited by josbmw; 04-05-2021 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 02:53 PM   #58
josbmw
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyvapet View Post
maybe I can help you with this? I am also from Antwerp
Thanks for the offer.
If that's an option for you, we can test it.
But weather has to be (a lot) better.
Just send me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #59
josbmw
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPastell View Post
These are the only markings on the windscreen.
Thanks, checked them. Nothing special I can find with these numbers.

I think the screen is just 30% tinted green and that's it.
Doesn't look like there's a metallic coating like in a real sun reflecting windscreen.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 02:40 AM   #60
borgward57
Rep
Drives: X3 30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by josbmw View Post
That's more or less what we got (about 22 kWh/100 km, didn't take a picture) on a mixed drive of an hour in Comfort mode, including some 15 minutes highway at 130-140 km/h.

I've checked the YouTube video mentioned in the beginning of the thread. I really have no idea how that guy gets at 14.5 kWh/100 km, unless he drives with an egg under his foot.
He drives in Eco Pro all the time and I have the impression he often drives about 10-20 km below the speed limit (it's hard to tell) .
Not much highway in it either, only a very small part with a large part at low speed due to construction on the highway with a speed limit.
What was the outside temperature?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 06:41 AM   #61
josbmw
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgward57 View Post
What was the outside temperature?
About 16° C.

Don't think a range of 300 km highway in the winter is possible.
The estimates here seem pretty accurate.

Also waiting for the new Hyundai IONIQ 5 Long Range AWD and the Kia EV6 Long Range AWD. They look promising with their 800V system.
And of course, there still is the upcoming Tesla Model Y Long Range Dual Motor "made in Germany".

All these models should be available for testdrives somewhere between July and September, probably even before the iX3 LCI will be announced.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #62
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Here is one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isawelvis View Post
If anyone has bought one, looking for comments on range and things that are different from metro X3
Hi,
Here is one owner of an iX3 from the Netherlands. Driving it since feb 1, most likely the first here outside the demo cars.
It runs ok, I had/have some issues with the bicycle rack (he, I am Dutch!j in combination with the driving assistant (although I think this is not iX3 specific) as well as some weird behavior when charging. I’ll make individual posts for these to get detailed reactions (if any).

I have to admit I am used to the 225xe before this and the acceleration of the iX3 is way more powerful. Having driven 2500 km so far, I am getting the acceleration more under control and the power consumption is going down rapidly. Starting at 228 Wh/km I am down to 222 Wh/km now. I need to get down to 180 or so to make the 480km radius. With no need for heating anymore and the roof open (no A/C on!) I hope to get below 220 soon. I do a lot of city driving currently, so it will get better later on. I hope to be able to make international trips this summer, going through the learning curve of charging abroad. France/Switzerland/Italy (the main challenge) and Germany. We have enough time on our hands so we can travel off highway.
I have chosen the blue color version with light leather upholstery.

Last edited by iX3 rijder; 04-11-2021 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Additional info supplied
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 12:01 PM   #63
Daniel.w.leigh
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

iX3 Premier Pro (UK)

I haven't managed to drive the car, as it's not available in the UK yet, but I've ordered an iX3 Premier Pro here in the UK, look forward to seeing more info about the car as it hits the road!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 06:16 AM   #64
Thanis34
Private
Rep

Your friend has excellent taste ! Still no ETA for my blue iX3 though :-(
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #65
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Am driving my blue iX3 since feb 2. Driving so far is ok, obviously I haven’t been able to determine max range due to season. Max range I have seen till now is 423 km fully charged.
Max charge powerrating I have witnessed at a supercharger till now was 128 kW for about 5 min. But as batteries were not very empty I expect this to improve. On a 50kW charger the car follows the published curves, so that is reliable for planning purposes.

I struggle with one issue though: when charging in “smart charging modus” on my chargebox (Zappi V2 by Myenergi) it charges with whatever power is left from my solarpanels. Downside is that the box switches on/off depending on clouds and obstacles. Result is a “mountainous pattern” of power (see attachment). One way or the other my iX3 draws the conclusion at some point it uses more energy itself then the box can supply and goes into some safe mode whereby it blocks remote actions like pre-heating/cooling and (I do not know why) the option to open doors with my iPhone! This is quite annoying as I have to go back into the house and get hold of the original remote key to open door. I can start the car with the iPhone once the door is unlocked.
I fail to understand why this is programmed like this. The blocking of pre-heat/cool I can grasp, but why lock out the iPhone to open the car?

The “smart charging” will become more common and will one day be normal on public chargers as well. Nice to find yourself locked out of the car 250 km away from the keys at home!
I notified BMW of this and am awaiting reply.

Any other experiences?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #66
Thanis34
Private
Rep

That is indeed a ‘known’ issue ... Björn Nyland, a known BEV tester, reported the same issue.

To be honest, as key-less is not yet a mature feature anyway, I would not leave the house without your car keys :-)
Appreciate 0