E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iMate JasJam with 335i Bluetooth

09-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
mrad01
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3

iMate JasJam with 335i Bluetooth

Recently purchased a 335i M-Sport and could not reliably get the Bluetooth paired. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. When the phone paired, it would either show a string of Hex codes - or the name of my phone.
When the hex codes were showing, I could dial out but there was no sound in or out. My iMate JasJam is not on the BMW supported list, so I thought "Oh well, tough luck for me."

After reading on forums (including these ones) I found small mentions of Jetware Mobile and decided to install the 30 day trial.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

My bluetooth connection has never been better! It reliably connects, dials, talks, syncs - the works.

So, while it worked for my JasJam, I suspect any *unsupported* Windows Mobile (WM5 or WM6) that you are having trouble with would be worth a try. The 30 day demo lets you see without having to fork over cash.

Hope this helps someone!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
JNMACE
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Coupe

Actually, if you do the Windows Mobile 6 upgrade to your JasJam, whether one of the "official" upgrades or the unofficial ones floating around the net, it will give you an immediate improvement with bluetooth. No need for Jetware or anything else. I had a TyTN and an 8525 and both had WM6 on them. They worked almost flawlessly with my car...
Appreciate 0