E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Business Nav & MP3's

11-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
jcoo085
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
Question Business Nav & MP3's

On a whim yesterday I decided for the first time to try and play an MP3 cd (burnt with iTunes). However, the first disc I burnt which had each song in the root folder, only the first 90 or so songs (out of 122) would have their ID3 tags displayed. [After reading the posts here, I did change all my MP3's to include a v1 tag so I don't think thats the problem].
On the next disc I had it sorted by artist and iTunes creates folders for artist and album. In this case, only the first 50 or so folders (out of 96) were actually being shown on the iDrive screen. I'm not sure what CIP version I have but it was built in the last week of April and I took delivery at the beginning of June.

Does anyone else w/ Business Nav have this problem and would the latest CIP fix this? I can post pictures if the description isn't quite clear.

Thanks

E90 320d - Black Ext/Fluid Grey Int | Steptronic | Business Navigation | PDC | Sunroof | Alarm
Exterior Pictures | Interior Pictures | Video
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
jcoo085
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
Nevermind. I got it worked out. The first problem was down to a bad burn. I had the same problem when I played it on the home stereo.

With the second issue, I took it into the dealer today (had to go anyway to make an appointment and order the winter tyres) and the technician said it's to do with how the system reads the folder structures and on the Business Nav (maybe Prof as well?) it needs to be organised in a tree format but there's a limit to how many folders there can be. He wasn't sure exactly what the limit was because he couldn't find the "iDrive Guru", but for arguments sake it's for example: 10 folders at the root level, then each of those 10 folders can contain another 10 folders and so on. Anyway, at least that's what I think he was getting at.

E90 320d - Black Ext/Fluid Grey Int | Steptronic | Business Navigation | PDC | Sunroof | Alarm
Exterior Pictures | Interior Pictures | Video
Appreciate 0