2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum In for the "Battery" service

02-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

In for the "Battery" service

I took my car in last Friday as a result of getting the "Replace your Battery" as soon as possible message. Posts on this sight indicated that this could likely be a software issue.

Long story short, it was indeed a software glitch and according to the service writeup and talking with the service manager, all the software was updated for the car. This also included the latest transmission, which although is likely in a learn mode again, seems to be shifting more to my liking and is not jerking. Time will tell.

The bad news is that ALL of my saved device memories were wiped out which was to be expected. I had saved a profile some months ago and was glad to see that it was able to bring back a substancial amount of items, not all but close enough. What is weird however are some subtle changes in graphics that has taken place. Two items I noticed right away are:

1) The moving red and blue MPG gauge on the lower right hand side is now no longer red...but a band of red with a thin band of orage on top. When the gauge goes to Blue, there is now a band of white on top, and the blue end in a point. See picture.

2) E-mails changed. They used to be all white, but the senders name is now in blue. I like the contrast it gives.

Subtle but interesting changes. Most likely those with later made 5 series, (mine was a post September 2011) have these already incorporated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
cagatacos
Enlisted Member
Portugal
Rep
Drives: f11 520 d sport auto

change in cololour graphics

same to me. It was in the the shop for changing rear brake pads (30000 km). i noticed to the subtle change of the red and blue tones in the graphic of the efficients dynamics. I loose all of my memories (seats radios.....). and worst of all now my fuel consumption has rised. I usually got 7,2 and now i can not get less than 8,0. I reset the board computer several times. I have made 1500 km and my mpg is not getting better.
Any help
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
eskdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport Touring F11

May be the Fuel consumption is now more accurate. I find that the computer is always optimistic to what it is when you measure it, with a fill to brim and the miles travelled. Can read as much as 10% better than it is in real life - at least that's my experience.
Appreciate 0