E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > WTB: BSW front tweeters

05-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

WTB: BSW front tweeters

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hello, I am new here just bought my first BMW in April. Loving most aspects of the car, except the audio system. I have picked up alot of knowledge about the system and potential upgrades here, so a Big Thank You is owed to all of you.

I am working toward a BSW stage 1, which will be followed by underseat woofers and an amp, but right now I am trying to replace by 4 mids and 4 tweeters, right now I am in need of a set of tweeters for the front.

So if any of you have some BSW tweeters for sale, please get a hold of me, thanks.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Don't seem to be turning up any BSW tweeters. What about JL C5's? COuld I m ix these with the BSW mids? ANy one with experience with the C5's in their system? THanks.

Update - I ended up buying some Polk DB1001 tweeters after doing a little more research. Couldn't really find any examples of them installed in e90 but everyone that wrote something up on them all claimed they were very good. Looks like they used to go for >$100, but Amazon had them for under $60. They installed fine in the stock tweeter housings, with the help of l little epoxy to hold them in because the diameter is a little larger than the stocks units in the hifi e90.

I clipped the little 'tweeter attenuation' loop as recommended by others, and think they sound great. The high end is really nice and smooth with very good clarity and no ear hurting/shriek of the oem tweeters, even at full volume of the factory amp.

Last edited by cdgatti; 06-15-2011 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0