BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
SpeedRacer69
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92

Unhappy Broke up with ex-gf after 1 year 4 months, *ASIAN ADVICE NEEDED*

Hey Guys,

My ex-girlfriend (feels weird to say that) broke up with me after a 1 year and 4 month relationship. This is not the first time we've broken up, we've broken up several times since November of last year, maybe 5 or 6 times total. When we do breakup we usually get back together the next day. This time around, it seems as if its a final breakup. I needed some valuable input from you guys since I am really heartbroken . I know some of you are going to be harsh, and I'm going to have to man up and listen to everything, but be easy since I've been out of the game for a while :kick:

-We broke up this time because of the stress and fighting that we've been putting each other through, it just hasn't been the same lately. She has been there physically but emotionally shes been missing. All of the problems started back in November, right after her birthday and when I started to really spend time with her family.

-We argue about the same things, such as her family, my expectations (commitment wise), and time management. We can never come to an agreement because she is just so stubborn and never admits to her faults/always has an explanation of things.

-One of the biggest things and main reasons why we broke up is because I was fed up with the fact that she spent time with her "guy friends" and had dinners with them alone and had different activities after (grab coffee, dessert, play pool) in which my opinion sounds like a date. She says that they are just friends and that she's known them long before she's met me and that she would not waste her time with me if she was cheating on me with them. I have a VERY hard time accepting the fact that she has male friends that she eats dinner with and goes out with them after because in my opinion I just feel that if you're in a serious relationship, you shouldn't be going out with the opposite sex. What do you guys think about this situation? In the past I tried to compromise and let her go out with her guy friends, but I just can't accept it. When I asked her to drop her guy friends for me, she refuses and thinks negatively and says " If i drop my guy friends, what happens if we breakup, where do I go to?"

-2nd reason is because she keeps breaking up with me, after we have a stressful argument, I hate this because we are both adults and I feel that we should talk it out like human beings, rather than leaving the other person. I would always be the one running back to her, and this time I did not run back

-3rd reason is her family:

I recently graduated from a major university in December with a B.A. in Finance. I had a big graduation/celebration dinner with my family and invited her family as well. I chose the restaurant specifically across the street from her house so that her parents would have no problems showing up. She decides not to take them to my graduation dinner since she says "I don't want to put them through this in case we break up in the future." I found that it was very unfair that I ALWAYS made it to all of her family events, she has 3 little brothers and I would always make it to their bday parties/event celebrations with gifts as well.

I have no way of communication to her parents. Her parents do not speak english, and only speak Mandarin. I speak vietnamese, cantonese, and english. So there is a language barrier.

The other thing is that her family DOES NOT respect me. Her dad treats me as if I am some scumbag with no education, no job, and I just feel that with my accomplishments, no human being deserves this level of respect. Almost every time I come inside her house, I get this feeling from her dad that he does not want me to be there, unless he needs me to fix their computer.

I am mad at the fact that I invested so much time/effort into her family by showing respect and face by going to all of their events, spending time and money on her little brothers/parents and NOT receive anything back but negativity from her family after a year of trying to get them to "like me" and not have them show up to my graduation dinner really hurt me inside.

A wise friend of mine told me, "If you marry the girl, you marry her family" so I had that concept stuck in my head and always tried my best to make her family happy.

4th reason:
In December, she asked me for a promise ring for x-mas. We went shopping for it, and we picked it out together. Christmas time came, she opened the ring box in front of her family since she wanted them to see how happy/excited she was, then left it on her table in her room. The next week I wanted to take her to get the ring sized, so when I asked her about it, she says she doesn't know how to tell me this, but she lost the ring.

I was VERY upset/sad and she kept explaining that nobody took it from her room, her brothers did not take the ring, nor her parents did not take it. I honestly have a gut feeling that her mom secretly took the ring and hid it from her just because she didn't feel that it was right for her daughter to wear the promise ring. I can be wrong, but honestly nobody would of taken it, I don't think my ex-gf would lie about something like that either since she was crying that she felt guilty for losing the ring.

There are positives about her though:
My family REALLY respects her, LOVES her, and always talks to her with nothing but great things to say about her attitude. They really did see her in my future and I also saw her as a potential wife/soul mate. Maybe our visions are different since I am turning 23 and she is 20 and still in school pursuing to be a registered nurse.

She broke up with me 2 weeks ago, I was so mad at her I didn't call/text just let her be. The next 2 days she said she realized what she did was not right, but not all of it was her fault, and said she wanted me back for the next 2 days. I said no, and needed some time to think about the above situation (4 above reasons why I would not want her back).

The next couple of days, I tell her that I miss her and am ready to talk to her about what happen and resolve our recent problem we had. She says she needs time to think, and that she realized that it would be best for us to split up since we fight about the same things and can never come to a conclusion.

Last week, I saw her on tuesday and we made up, had sex, and then she still told me she needed another week to think about things and where they were going...

I called her on friday breaking down in tears, and because I am an honest guy I cannot mickey mouse this situation since I am older and do not want to play games. I told her that I was hurting deep down inside waiting for her, and that I was willing to resolve/compromise the issues we had faced previously. She said that it doesn't make sense for us to be back together because we'll fight about the same things over and over again, and that we'll stress each other out even more. She tells me she's made her decision to move on and that it doesn't seem that it will work later down the road. I cried and told her things such as "I don't want to lose you, I don't want to regret anything in the future" and so on... It wasn't working so I went to sleep since I had work early the next morning.

Anyways, this past sunday I finally realized that I was hurting myself too much over this relationship. I've put so much time and effort into someone that does not appreciate the things I do for her in the end. Maybe it's her age (20) and that she does not realize what she has is good, or maybe its the fact that she rather spend time with her friends than me. For whatever reason, it sounded like she was firm on her decision of breaking up with me and moving on. Changed her status on facebook and deleted all of my pictures.
I sent her a text saying,
"Hey, I thought about it, and I finally realized that I'm going to accept your decision and let go. It's been so great and we had some adventures, very unforunate we can't work things out. Call me in the future if you need any help. Good luck with school and everything else."

She does not text me back until today:

"I'm sorry too dear, goodluck with everything. I hope you get promoted within your company maybe we will get a chance to get together in the future. Thank you for everything, you'll always have a place in my heart"

Should I really move on? I mean, I don't think that I'm a bad guy to begin with. I have a stable career and recently graduated from college with a BA in Finance from a well known accredited university. Do you think that it's fair for me to deal with the level of respect that her parents show me? Or do you guys think I'm at fault for over analyzing the situation?

This week is my birthday, Friday I have dinner plans with my family and Saturday I am planning an event at a sports bar with my friends. Both of the events in which I invited her to, to celebrate my upcoming birthday. I honestly think that if she does not show up, I would be even more hurt. What do you guys think? Move on if she comes back? Accept the fact that she broke up with me? Don't try to commit into someone that does not want to commit back?

I honestly do feel that right now, she's going to have fun with her friends and all since she has freedom now. But after she's alone and has no plans with her friends, she's going to realize that her friends do not give her a feeling of love that she needs. I just have a good feeling she will come back to me in a week or two. My family is so sweet to her, and her family is not so sweet to me. Family is important to me when it comes to a relationship, and it's something that can't accept if her family does not accept me. We love each other so much/the intensity of the attraction towards each other is extreme/unexplainable and it's just the fighting that is breaking us apart. I tried to explain to her that we can work things out, but she has no hope. I really am heartbroken and need to be guided in the right direction
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
TLDR but distract yourself as much as possible. Focus on things you like...inevitably you will think about her but just stick to doing things to improve yourself. And fuck bitches. And post pics of ex.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Move on, this day has been coming for some time and she just hasnt found someone to move on to. She was tired of your relationship and wanted something new. Man up and leave it exactly like it is and disappear. Don't call or text, act as if she never existed.

We've all been there, seriously disappear. Even if she calls dont pick up(at least until you can talk to her with no emotion just as friends), and quit inviting her to things.
      03-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

You feel better now that you got all of this off your chest? Move on. There is no sense in moping around.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
SpeedRacer69
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92

sorry that you guys had to read all of my bs
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacer69 View Post
sorry that you guys had to read all of my bs
better than reading some stuff in OT

Her continuing to go back to "what if we break up", should have been a sign so strong it slapped you in the face. End it like adults, $100 says she is already hanging out with another guy. Don't be the guy hanging on to a dead relationship.
      03-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
better than reading some stuff in OT

Her continuing to go back to "what if we break up", should have been a sign so strong it slapped you in the face. End it like adults, $100 says she is already hanging out with another guy. Don't be the guy hanging on to a dead relationship.
$1,000 says she has already fucked him....

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

move on. you're free. go out and have fun with your friends. this chapter of your life is now over. move on to better.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #9
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

My friend's gf broke up with him recently after over a two year relationship. He is pretty messed up right now and found out she recently has a new bf. Stay strong and you'll pull through this.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
YellowFinger
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Asian reporting in.

It happens to the best of us and you know why my username is yellowfinger??

that's why
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

I read the beginning bit, and skimmed the rest...

1 - This is advice for anyone, not just Asians (?)

2- You need to really follow your gut here, do you really think you're good for each other? You have broken up many times before - I had an ex GF do this, I finally called her bluff and we broke up for good

3- You need to cut all communication ties with her. De-friend her on FB, delete her number, delete all pics of you two in your cell phone, etc. Just don't go psycho overboard...

This will allow you to move on. It's going to take time.

4- If you don't realize by now, I am all for breaking up for good. No matter what we post or say to you, you're going to to feel like complete shit. Sad, angry, w/e.

5- You reallyyyyy need to go out and be distracted. Make plans. Stay busy.

6- She seems like an attention whore / cocktease (by hanging with her guy friends). She prob has them all crushing on her and just messes with their heads.

92- Girls fucking suck. Stay single for as long as possible.

FWIW I am 23 and have had two serious relationships.
      03-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #12
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

first page
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Post nudes.

Move on.

Profit.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #14
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Post nudes.

Move on.

Profit.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #15
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

hmm
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #16
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Broken up several times? Idk why people play these childish games!! Move on man!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Broken up several times? Idk why people play these childish games!! Move on man!
Because after the first time, she knew she could break up with him, fuck some other guy, and then come back to him easily.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #18
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

What needs to be done is evident OP, but actually doing it is up to you.
      03-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #19
MooseCaboose
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with a doge

first you say family is a big thing for you and you cant be with someone whose family doesnt respect you, then you say her family treats you like shit and yet you still want to be with her..despite all of her other negatives.

quit actin like a little boy and find someone who will treat you right.

harsh, but its the quickest way.
      03-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #20
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Similar shit happened to be bro. Lucky I spotted the shit early and when I had talked it over with my best frends about it, they all said the same thing, gtfo asap. She got to be an attention whore on our last meet up and right there and then, I broke all ties with her. I haven't called her back or seen her since. Tho she's a friend of a friend of mine..... I'm bound to see her eventually. Tho I doubt it'll more than once a year.

Just like what everyone said, get busy with the stuff you love to do. Hobbies and join other activities. Keep busy and work hard at your office.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #21
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Hanging out with your friends when you're in a relationship is fine. This girl I know has had a bf for the past half year and I've been hanging out with her way before he ever met her. He's been annoying me lately because she told me he doesn't like it when she hangs out with me at night. We chill, talk over wine, go out to bars, etc. She's extremely good looking so I can understand him being cautious about her, but she has tons of guy friends, so why shouldn't she be able to hang out with them on her own time?

I finally fucking hung out with her in what felt like ages and we basically talked the whole night and I couldn't have given to fucks about what he was up to.

Learn to give your [ex-]gf some space. You haven't made it clear that she's cheated behind your back. You said she just likes to hang out with her guy friends. Let me ask you this: does she really seem like the slutty kind of girl that would cheat in a serious relationship? If I were you and if that happened to be the looks of things, I would've dropped that shit myself as soon as I realized it. You should be 100% secure with your significant other.

Back on the subject of hanging out with my really good girl friend and her boyfriend a couple nights ago, she mentioned to me when he was gone that she's really getting annoyed by not having her own personal life anymore. She wants that space back, and I'm assuming that's one of the things your ex was annoyed about.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #22
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
+1

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0