E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help with sub install design.

12-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Denny347
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Help with sub install design.

I am designing my sub install for my L7 audio system. The entire system will eventually get overhauled but the first step is to add a dedicated subwoofer. I am going to go the route of amping the under seat woofers as midbass and add a subwoofer. Now I am going to instal the subwoofer in an IB setup. I do not currently have a ski pass but from looking at it, cutting one looks easy enough. So the question is how to install the baffle correctly. If I do a single sub, easy enough to position it in the center of the ski opening. 2 subs gets a bit trickier to center. What about 4-8" subs? I had 4 8" Kicker subs in my Passat years ago and it sounded great. Nice and tight and hit LOW when needed. It really was not overkill, bass heavy. They played rock (drums,bass guitar) superb. How can I set up the IB baffle to port all 4 subs into the ski opening? Plan B is to use a single 15" for all lows and have the underseats handle the upper bass frequencies (not as well as plan A but it will be better than I have now).
Appreciate 0