E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Radio Signal & Window Tint

02-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
space227
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I

Radio Signal & Window Tint

I recently had my 07 335I tinted using LLUMAR Tint. When I was driving this morning I turned on my rear defroster and the radio signal went and all I was getting was static. When I turned off the rear defroster I was able to get radio again. It mainly cut out anything below the 100's but even those had static..

Has anyone else ran into this issue? I had a bad feeling it is going to be related to the Tint. When I asked about tinting from BMW they gave me a guys name, when I called him he said I had to use a special carbon tinting because it was BMW & their systems. However he wanted 299 to tint the car, so I took it to the dealer we use for our fleet cars that does a GREAT job and they do BMW's all the time ....

Thoughts????
Appreciate 0