BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-06-2023, 07:18 AM   #1
Holomatrix7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: A Car

Air Recirculation Always ON - New G05

I just picked up a new G05 (was built Mar2023 but the dealer lost it in their inventory until last month). It is the 2020-23 model (i.e. not the new LCI)

I have managed to code everything the same as my 2020 740i but one thing keeps not working... the air recirculation always on

In the G11 740i coding UMLUFT and UMLUFT-with-AC to be always on was a doddle... and the only time it ever turns recirc off is when I use the MAX DEMISTER on the front windscreen. Perfect

In the G05 X5 even though the UMLUFT settings are all the same as the G11, the air recirc light goes off after maybe 3-4 minutes and has to be turned on again. I have set UMLUFT memory to AKTIV (which should make it remember... right?) but to no avail. Nothing I seem to do gets the G05 to be like the G11 and keep the air recirc on.

Does the G05 have some other setting somewhere that keeps overriding?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 07:26 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
it’s not advisable to keep air recirculation ON constantly. per its programming, it will automatically turn off air recirculation
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 07:28 AM   #3
Holomatrix7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
it’s not advisable to keep air reproduction ON constantly
It should always be the vehicle owner/driver's choice.

I've had it this way in every car I've owned for two decades... so an answer like that doesn't deal with the question.

I've never had a problem with condensation inside my air conditioned vehicle - so the quote in the image is just nonsense. What gets me is that several other people have asked this question and all they get is these moralistic judgemental responses that don't resolve the problem.

If they (like me) want their car to work a particular way, why don't we just answer the question being asked?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 08:21 AM   #4
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holomatrix7 View Post
… It should always be the vehicle owner/driver's choice.
… so an answer like that doesn't deal with the question.
… so the quote in the image is just nonsense.
… all they get is these moralistic judgemental responses that don't resolve the problem.

… why don't we just answer the question being asked?
you chose this vehicle and all that comes with it, programming included.

that screenshot from the manual answers your question and gives a clear indication how BMW programmed its vehicle to behave. to be clear, there’s no setting that’s overriding your coding. there is no “problem” as you claim. it’s behaving as programmed.

coding, for all intents and purposes, goes against that programming. be happy that you can even code; newer models are completely blocked from coding. while this particular one isn’t working as you would like, being a baby about not getting your way isn’t the answer either.

FWIW, the coding you performed isn’t universal across all models even though it looks the same. surprised you don’t seem to have given that any thought. this is something you need to take up with tech support of the coding software you use. it could simply be a matter of “too bad, so sad”, or maybe you’ll get lucky and they’ll include this feature in an update
Appreciate 4
X6ix GTA142.00
arRod1981932.50
1Boxer36.00
X5X43.00