BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-03-2023, 03:56 PM   #1
shadowredlev
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 6MT Chalk/Fiona

Maintenance Schedule For 2024 Base G80

Hey Guys,

I am getting my Base G80 in December but I am preparing myself to make sure I know when I do all the maintenance Necessary on the car, I want to see if its worth it to get the BMW maintenance Plan, I might buy it for 120k miles as Im interested, but want to see if its worth it

I say this because I am a firm believer in doing all the recommended maintenance on time, I have a friend who works at BMW who can get one of their techs to do the maintenance on the side so I really want to prepare now for everything

Thanks for the help guys!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 04:09 PM   #2
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

If you have a skilled friend then completely forget about buying a BMW maintenance plan.

I personally do all my own changes at half the factory intervals and have had great success with well kept engines. BMW includes minor service up to 35K miles so use that up. I do:
Oil dump/fill at the 5K marks (don’t reset) and let BMW do oil and filter at the 10K marks.
Plugs every 15K, and BMW will do them at 30K. Same interval for my brake fluid, me at 15 and BMW at 30.
Brakes/rotors last forever with all street use, even hard use.