bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-15-2023, 05:59 PM   #1
yuvalt
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M240i, 09 Miata, 70 Corvett

Apple Maps HUD arrow doesn't match main screen

Hi,

I noticed a super annoying problem today, after missing a few turns -- the arrow displayed on the HUD many times does not match the arrow that is displayed in the app on the main screen. For example, the arrow on the app can show to exit to the right, while the arrow on the HUD will show go forward and bear to the left... super annoying. Anyone else have noticed this? hopefully it's an Apple Maps issue that will be fixed, vs an iDrive 7 issue that may never be fixed

Thanks,

-Yuval
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 11:52 AM   #2
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvalt View Post
Hi,

I noticed a super annoying problem today, after missing a few turns -- the arrow displayed on the HUD many times does not match the arrow that is displayed in the app on the main screen. For example, the arrow on the app can show to exit to the right, while the arrow on the HUD will show go forward and bear to the left... super annoying. Anyone else have noticed this? hopefully it's an Apple Maps issue that will be fixed, vs an iDrive 7 issue that may never be fixed

Thanks,

-Yuval
Does it do the same with the OEM map/navigation, or Waze, or Google Maps?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 02:13 AM   #3
fortysecond
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 230i, Thundernight Metallic

Does it also mean that your arrow on the map fails to find the position? Like you're flying across buildings parallel to your route, but map/phone fails to get your location?

Or you're case is that you're using same map source (say Apple Maps) and cursor on the main screen and in HUD are showing different position?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0