BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

10-23-2022, 02:54 PM   #1
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
When stopping in AWD, at the very end of the process, under 5 mph, I'm getting a vibration occasionally. It only happens in my M2 settings which is basically everything ramped up to the max, but traction on. I asked them to check it out in the break in service, but they said it's fine.

Anyone else experience this? It's temperamental and started around 800 miles after hearing an odd noise when braking.

At 3600 miles and vibration disappeared a while ago and haven't experienced since
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 10:50 AM   #2
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlenarto View Post
I’ve heard a few cases where the rust on the rotors from the cars sitting at the ports cause the brakes to vibrate at slow speeds. Changing pads usually helps. Doing some very aggressive braking may help as well.
One guy on youtube had this issue on his m2, his was just sitting on a lot somewhere for a month or two. Dealer didn't fix it because he had a strut brace, spacers and wheel studs and blamed those. Later he changed the pads and all good.
Appreciate 0