BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

08-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #1
mlc50
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 (6MT)

Exhaust valve controller cable ripped out

Hey folks,

I was driving on I-80 last night on a very dark stretch and ran over a tire that was splayed out perpendicularly. I had no time to avoid it.

It seems to have ripped out the cable which controls the exhaust valve controller on the left side.

Pictured below are left side (after having been plugged back in) and right side, respectively.

From what I can tell by looking at the intact one there is supposed to be some kind of boot around it? My concern is that if left as is, should this happen again, it will rip the entire wire out of the connector.

Could anyone help me out identifying which part # this is or how I could mend this a bit better?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike
Attached Images

08-27-2022, 09:18 AM   #2
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
That sucks. Looks like you will have to call the dealer about getting that boot or replacement harness. You'll want that plug to keep as dry as possible.

You could also buy an exhaust valve controller which will plug into the valves directly just like OEM and allow you to tuck the damaged OEM power/control plug up under the heat shields.

Or buy a set of exhaust valve extension cables and chop one end off and solder it back to the OEM wire output. I think active sells them.

PS: Check the good sides boot for a part number to google.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 08-27-2022 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0