BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

08-25-2022, 06:42 PM   #1
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 X-Drive Comp.

"Malfunction while shutting down the vehicle electronics"

I picked up my G80 2 weeks ago and I've gotten this message a couple times when getting in the car before starting. Once it's started, the Check Control is gone from the appropriate section in iDrive.

Curious if anyone has gotten this before and what it could be? Only thing I was thinking is that the battery is degraded after the car sat at the port for 2 months after it left the factory and then another 5 weeks on the boat + port in the US. Thats over 3 months of sitting with minimal engine run time.

Name:  error.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  224.7 KB
Driving: 2022 M3CX | Skyscraper Grey | Full leather Silverstone Interior | Carbon Fiber Trim | M Carbon Bucket Seats | Parking Pack | Executive Pack | Laser Lights | M Shadowline Lights | 826M Jet Black Wheels | Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 02:03 AM   #2
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_phxz View Post
I picked up my G80 2 weeks ago and I've gotten this message a couple times when getting in the car before starting. Once it's started, the Check Control is gone from the appropriate section in iDrive.

Curious if anyone has gotten this before and what it could be? Only thing I was thinking is that the battery is degraded after the car sat at the port for 2 months after it left the factory and then another 5 weeks on the boat + port in the US. Thats over 3 months of sitting with minimal engine run time.

Attachment 2966802
1. Check battery terminals are on tight
2. If you have the means, check battery voltage/capacity
3. Go for a longgggggg drive
Appreciate 0