BMW 2 Series Marketplace (G42) Marketplace -- For Vendors

Closed Thread

07-19-2022, 02:00 PM   #1
whiteninjazx6r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Buyers beware - BMWpartsPro

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience with BMWPartsPro. I recently ordered 2 small parts that were not in stock. They said they had a shipment on the way, and expected them in about 1 month. I decided to go another route and a couple days after placing my order emailed and asked for a cancellation and refund. They refunded the order but charged me $30 for a $120 order due to "cancellation". I emailed back and asked for an exception since these parts were not specifically ordered when I placed an order, they were already on order anyway. The fee is basically being charged for no reason other than the profit off customers even when no services or parts are supplied. They responded and said they always charge this fee, no matter what.

I would completely understand if they had had to order the parts when I placed an order, but they didn't. Nothing changed when I placed or cancelled my order. I fully planned to order more items from them down the road, but after this, it's obvious that going with one of the better vendors is a better choice.

For what it's worth, IND was able to provide the parts I wanted (in stock) for about the same price and they provided excellent customer service. When it comes time for you guys to order parts, I'd think twice before giving your business to BMWPartsPro.
Appreciate 1
P_Chris156.50
      07-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #2
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to put your experience out on the forum. It gives our team a chance to respond.

We do our best to be totally open and up front with all of our clients. There is a balancing act between fast processing times, permanence of issued orders and allowance for cancellations.

In your specific case, we did not have your components in stock. Upon you placing the order there is a clear disclaimer (that you clicked through) that explains the cancellation charges you would experience. As you have. Additionally, the same verbage is found in our policies tab on the page.

Once our center tenders payment from you, we incur a processing charge. The cost of doing business.. etc. We recieve this fee on money going out and coming in. We accept this cost of doing business with our clients. However, we do not accept this fee for not doing business.

You purchased an item, that we then ordered for you. Upon arrival it would have been shipped to you. When you chose to cancel, we refunded your payment less the fee. We still have the part on the way from BMW, only now we do not have a reserved buyer. If we choose to return the item, that you no longer wish to purchase, our center will incur additional fees.

Again, we appreciate our clients. I cannot make an exception to a rule, just because you do not "like it".

Lastly, your statments in email only further support our policy, and give us an opportunity to earn more business.

"if you cannot make an exception to this ridiculous policy, then i'll go to the next best option of making sure people understand that you don't care about your customers at all. Really sad when business do this sort of thing."

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums. I will include a link below to our policy for you to see, again.

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/policies/returns

-BMWPartsPros
Appreciate 2
GOLFFRR10816.50
wb8164128.50
      07-20-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

OP I see you have just recently joined in March? Welcome to the forum . I see you are making it a point to inform everyone of your bad experience and as our parts team has responded above to your multiple duplicate post, we are sorry that you feel you were slighted. At the same time the process which you went through is very transparent and anyone, not just you would go through the same process and has, for as long as we have been running BMWPARTSPROS on the forums.

We have been a sponsor of this forum for well over a decade. We have always made it a point to try and be the best we can be with all the forum members and we will continue to do so.

I will however agree with you in the fact there are a lot of great vendors on the forums. A lot of whom I know personally and do business with us Yes I agree there are a ton of great companies on here that all share the same passion. At the same time, I am not sure why you would make it a point to try and bash a company who was completely transparent with you and that you agreed to the terms when you placed the order? But I respect your right to voice your opinion.

At the end of the day, we hold no ill will towards you and wish you nothing but the best. I really hope you have a great rest of your week and if there is anything else you need please feel free to reach out to me direct Via PM anytime, I'm always on here.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to put your experience out on the forum. It gives our team a chance to respond.

We do our best to be totally open and up front with all of our clients. There is a balancing act between fast processing times, permanence of issued orders and allowance for cancellations.

In your specific case, we did not have your components in stock. Upon you placing the order there is a clear disclaimer (that you clicked through) that explains the cancellation charges you would experience. As you have. Additionally, the same verbage is found in our policies tab on the page.

Once our center tenders payment from you, we incur a processing charge. The cost of doing business.. etc. We recieve this fee on money going out and coming in. We accept this cost of doing business with our clients. However, we do not accept this fee for not doing business.

You purchased an item, that we then ordered for you. Upon arrival it would have been shipped to you. When you chose to cancel, we refunded your payment less the fee. We still have the part on the way from BMW, only now we do not have a reserved buyer. If we choose to return the item, that you no longer wish to purchase, our center will incur additional fees.

Again, we appreciate our clients. I cannot make an exception to a rule, just because you do not "like it".

Lastly, your statments in email only further support our policy, and give us an opportunity to earn more business.

"if you cannot make an exception to this ridiculous policy, then i'll go to the next best option of making sure people understand that you don't care about your customers at all. Really sad when business do this sort of thing."

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums. I will include a link below to our policy for you to see, again.

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/policies/returns

-BMWPartsPros
I'm not OP, but you should eat that "cost of doing business" as a cost of selling goods you do not have on hand. If you're going to operate a JIT inventory system, you're lowered costs in overhead should more than cover the 3%-7% processing fees the credit cards are charging. Regardless, charging 25% is absurd and a very poor business practice.

I'll never do business with your company regardless of how many links to policies or how much spin you put on this. Those of us who know how this industry works know that tactic you're employing.
Appreciate 8
P_Chris156.50
DrJLag420799.00
SN1P3211.50
g87m210.50
wb8164128.50
Closed Thread