bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-15-2022, 07:01 AM   #1
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i 2022

SOLUTION to the rattle in the Center Speaker

Hi everyone,

I was getting an ugly rattle on the Center Speaker, the one in the middle of the dashboard....

Googling a bit, I easily found that this has been a common issue also in other G-series, and that the solution is super easy...

I share here the thread for the 3-series G20 with pics and instructions , see first post.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1652142

Hope this helps some other G42 colleagues here...

--

PS. If anyone needs help on how to disassemble the speaker cover, you can use this video (minute 17:41), super easy with the correct utils:

Appreciate 5
      07-17-2022, 12:23 PM   #2
TheoK
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwloverm2 View Post
Hi everyone,

I was getting an ugly rattle on the Center Speaker, the one in the middle of the dashboard....

Googling a bit, I easily found that this has been a common issue also in other G-series, and that the solution is super easy...

I share here the thread for the 3-series G20 with pics and instructions , see first post.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1652142

Hope this helps some other G42 colleagues here...

--

PS. If anyone needs help on how to disassemble the speaker cover, you can use this video (minute 17:41), super easy with the correct utils:

Awesome! Thank you for posting this! I removed the cover and applied the felt tape. Will be driving tonight to see if it still has that buzzing noise and will report back by tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 02:08 PM   #3
TheoK
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Update! Been driving for a couple days and haven't heard a rattle after doing this fix! Very happy with the results!
Appreciate 2
Ruebarb375.00