BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

04-05-2022, 05:30 PM   #1
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

ETA Friday!

After staring at a 'At Port' status for the past week, my iX is now 'in transit' to the dealership. BMW Genius gave it an ETA of this Friday. Assuming all goes well, I presume I will take delivery on Saturday.

This car is one where the customer walked away from their order and it is fairly loaded: Sophisto Grey with stone grey cloth interior. Sports package, dynamic handling package, active driving assistant pro, luxury package, premium package, and radiant heating package... and yes the infamous passenger lumbar delete.

My biggest concern is the stone grey interior (I would have preferred leather). It looks baby blue in a lot of the photos online. That would be a deal breaker for me. I do wish it didn't have the luxury package, because of the crystal controls on the doors - but I can live with that :-)

On balance, very excited!
Appreciate 2
TechCTU782.00
Paladin15574.00
      04-05-2022, 05:32 PM   #2
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW

Congrats! Post some pics when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 05:33 PM   #3
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
Congrats! Post some pics when you get it.
Thank you! I definitely will
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 06:30 PM   #4
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIX View Post
After staring at a 'At Port' status for the past week, my iX is now 'in transit' to the dealership. BMW Genius gave it an ETA of this Friday. Assuming all goes well, I presume I will take delivery on Saturday.

This car is one where the customer walked away from their order and it is fairly loaded: Sophisto Grey with stone grey cloth interior. Sports package, dynamic handling package, active driving assistant pro, luxury package, premium package, and radiant heating package... and yes the infamous passenger lumbar delete.

My biggest concern is the stone grey interior (I would have preferred leather). It looks baby blue in a lot of the photos online. That would be a deal breaker for me. I do wish it didn't have the luxury package, because of the crystal controls on the doors - but I can live with that :-)

My wife and I want the stone gray cloth interior so if you're having second thoughts, PM me and I'll take that one. You can have my order and change anything you'd like. 😉
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 07:23 PM   #5
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
My wife and I want the stone gray cloth interior so if you're having second thoughts, PM me and I'll take that one. You can have my order and change anything you'd like. 😉
LittleJoe I'll PM you... once I have PM privileges! I seems I need 4 post replies to become a full fledged member. I'll get working on that
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 08:08 PM   #6
MXNSITH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C, 2019 i3 REX, 2010 Z4

Quote:

Stonegrey is not baby blue. You will be presently surprised when you see it in person.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 09:36 AM   #7
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXNSITH View Post
Quote:

Stonegrey is not baby blue. You will be presently surprised when you see it in person.
I saw them in person and I thought they looked great and we just want to try fabric seats for a change.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 05:50 PM   #8
cpd1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Is your car a dealer demo? Thought production would start in March '22 for customer cars so would be too tight for a west coast delivery in early April. Demo cars were produced earlier (Dec 2021 for the one I drove). I am one of only 2 confirmed production at my dealer and have been in the production begins status since mid Feb...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 12:21 AM   #9
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep

Well my car arrived today and I picked it up a few hours ago. I expecting it on Friday at the earliest (per BMW Genius). So a really nice surprise!

LittleJoe The cloth interior is as nice as you said it would be. I am really pleased with it. I would also say that the crystal controls are more subdued that I expected. So all around pleasantly surprised.

As far as it being a demo car, it might well be. I was told it was a customer order, but who knows. All I know is that I got my hands on one

Here are a couple of pictures of the iX next to my wife's X5. Sorry for the lousy quality, but my wife is leaving town tomorrow and I will not have access to her car for a few days:

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/p...ictureid=84560
https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/p...ictureid=84559

Last edited by TheIX; 04-07-2022 at 12:37 AM..
Appreciate 3
LittleJoe1064.00
Paladin15574.00
760Lifan450.50
      04-07-2022, 01:12 AM   #10
q_e
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW ix XDrive 50

Congrats TheIX on the new car.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 01:29 AM   #11
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Quote:
Well my car arrived today and I picked it up a few hours ago. I expecting it on Friday at the earliest (per BMW Genius). So a really nice surprise!

LittleJoe The cloth interior is as nice as you said it would be. I am really pleased with it. I would also say that the crystal controls are more subdued that I expected. So all around pleasantly surprised.

As far as it being a demo car, it might well be. I was told it was a customer order, but who knows. All I know is that I got my hands on one

Here are a couple of pictures of the iX next to my wife's X5. Sorry for the lousy quality, but my wife is leaving town tomorrow and I will not have access to her car for a few days:

Congratulations again, looks amazing Love the clean lines of the iX, looks so modern vs X5.

Appreciate 1
volodp199.50
      04-07-2022, 06:18 AM   #12
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Congratulations TheIX

When you can get it outside post some more pictures of the exterior and interior.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 07:16 AM   #13
cpd1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Congratulations, you are seemingly the first US delivery! Enjoy the car
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 07:23 AM   #14
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW

Congrats! The garage looks a little tight, don't scratch it too soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 07:43 AM   #15
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
Congrats! The garage looks a little tight, don't scratch it too soon!
I was thinking the same.

Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 09:21 AM   #16
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Congrats on a nice pair of X's! My wife's is a MY20 Ametrine loaded, and depending on my experience she may swap too, but she loves that car. Guarded optimism....
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 11:22 AM   #17
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I will try and get some photos taken and posted in the next day or so.

As far as the garage being tight goes. That is indeed the case for the moment, as we've had to move a bunch of stuff into it for to some remodelling work. Hopefully that will be finished soon. In the meantime it's a great incentive to diet
Appreciate 1
Paladin15574.00
      04-07-2022, 12:55 PM   #18
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I will try and get some photos taken and posted in the next day or so.
Did you forget to blur out the license plate in the second photo?
It was done for the first photo but not the second.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 02:40 PM   #19
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Quote:
Did you forget to blur out the license plate in the second photo?
It was done for the first photo but not the second.
I did forget - I was tired/excited last night. Oh well too late now
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 02:45 PM   #20
venom21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50 Tesla MYP Prev: 530e

Quote:
I did forget - I was tired/excited last night. Oh well too late now
Oh, you're screwed.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 05:33 PM   #21
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep

Yes it all over. I'm going into hiding
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 08:12 PM   #22
pL86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

TheIX congrats on the new car. Can you clarify that your car build sheet included the 48Z Passenger Lumbar Delete code and if so, what feature(s) are missing from your iX? Is it only the passenger lumbar support or are other things also not present? There is a thread in this forum from a New Zealand poster who was told the "lumbar delete" also eliminated passenger memory and massage. Would appreciate if you could verify what is and isn't on the passenger front seat for a USA market vehicle.
Appreciate 0