BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C 6spd - my next shopping list

08-19-2021, 04:40 PM   #1
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M50i, M2C MT | '18 M3

Garage List
M2C 6spd - my next shopping list

First of all the beast is a blast, waiting for you apply the gas. Its perfect fit, feels like a body glove and goes where I want it to. Its perfect perfect size. Super value for $$. And I love the LBB color and internal blue on black seats

I love the interior, and I like it looks different from my 21'X5M50i interior. Buying a G80 would have made me feel the same internal design. Super nice analog type gauges , no distraction.

Saying that, oh boy, I personally didn't enjoy two things -
1) the road noise + ASD - It doesnt at all bother me during city drives, but on highway (as I drove over 2hrs+ on a not so smooth highway), I almost felt that my ears are about to pain towards end. So, eventhough I love its rawness, I will put few sound deadening mods, just so that I can have a conversation while doing highway drives. Later might delete the ASD.
2) The shifter; its bit high for me. Maybe I need to get used and will be fine. But I am going to order Auto solution SSK. I would like it to be lowered to where stock silver ring sits under the shifter knob.

My additions; few I have placed order already
1) CS style rear CF OEM spoiler
2) PPF on front bumper, full hood, mirrors, door handle inside, rocker panels and back bumper
3) Ceramic coating + window tint
4) Autosolutions SSK + Clutch stop
5) Few sound deadening - front doors jam area insert, rear wheel housing insert to cover the big hole in the rear area, rear panel interior covers
6) Radar - I am for now lost between Uniden R7 and Valentine V2. I feel I might go with Uniden R7 + mount and wire tap

Doing this early so that I get to enjoy it more the way I would prefer. Mostly this will be a keeper , dont think there will be such a good mix coming in future.

I have kept aside around $3K earlier for mods , but I think I might need to another $900 to the budget

Looking forward.... below is the beauty ! Did I say I Love her...
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
(K)1281.00
Foggins1334.50
.Slug447.00
JV973304.00
KevinM2937.00
chris7197365.00
myb24109.00
      08-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Welcome to the club! Definitely an awesome car.

Disabling the ASD is a quick and dirty mod, that would probably make your life much better right off the bat. I'm contemplating the sound deadening because I have some sound insulation for the doors but I'm not sure if I want to put them on. I feel the road noise is tolerable and I can hold a conversation just fine.

If my multiple posts haven't given it away yet, I LOVE the short shift kit and I think you will also. You mentioned the clutch stop but if you want to take it a step further then consider the Ultimate Clutch Pedal too. Lastly there's the slave cylinder mod, that's a good mod to put the cherry on top of the 6MT sundae.

"Another $500 to the budget" lol. That's what I said to myself at the beginning too.

Enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #3
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
Welcome to the club! Definitely an awesome car.

Disabling the ASD is a quick and dirty mod, that would probably make your life much better right off the bat. I'm contemplating the sound deadening because I have some sound insulation for the doors but I'm not sure if I want to put them on. I feel the road noise is tolerable and I can hold a conversation just fine.

If my multiple posts haven't given it away yet, I LOVE the short shift kit and I think you will also. You mentioned the clutch stop but if you want to take it a step further then consider the Ultimate Clutch Pedal too. Lastly there's the slave cylinder mod, that's a good mod to put the cherry on top of the 6MT sundae.

"Another $500 to the budget" lol. That's what I said to myself at the beginning too.

Enjoy the ride!
Thanks!

LoL..yea, I thought about the UCP, but it need the "another $500" (parts/lbr)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 05:06 PM   #4
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Just an FYI the clutch pedal comes with its own clutch stop but the BMS stop is cheap and easy enough to install that you can pretty much have instant gratification. The clutch pedal involves a little more work to swap out.

Also another word of advice, try not to keep track of your costs as you're making mods. It's...depressing to look back at it but you forget it all anyway as soon as you hit the start button! I tell my wife it's self-care and (probably) cheaper than therapy hahaha.
Appreciate 4
Lokguru321.50
Foggins1334.50
.Slug447.00
chris7197365.00
      08-19-2021, 05:42 PM   #5
.Slug
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Lovely LBB. I also have a CS spoiiler on order, should arrive in 4 days or so. Also the clutch stop already in the mail. I'll let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 1
Lokguru321.50
      08-19-2021, 07:15 PM   #6
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Lol mod "budget".

Let me know how that goes.
Appreciate 4
MVista337.00
Lokguru321.50
      08-19-2021, 07:57 PM   #7
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I disabled ASD with Bimmercode the moment I got the car home. Still a fair amount of road noise, but not out of line with what the car is and its mission IMHO.. and my Golf R is noisier, so it doesn't seem bad at all.

I have an Ebay clutch stop sitting here waiting to be installed. I've had them in a bunch of previous cars (and the current Golf R too) and they're really helpful IMHO. Time to go slap that puppy in.

I agree about the shifter being a touch high. Doesn't bother me, but I've definitely noticed it. 3 months in I'm still experimenting with seat positioning. Took me a while to get the lumbar support dialed in just right, but now it's perfect.
Lokguru321.50
      08-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #8
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I disabled ASD with Bimmercode the moment I got the car home. Still a fair amount of road noise, but not out of line with what the car is and its mission IMHO.. and my Golf R is noisier, so it doesn't seem bad at all.

I have an Ebay clutch stop sitting here waiting to be installed. I've had them in a bunch of previous cars (and the current Golf R too) and they're really helpful IMHO. Time to go slap that puppy in.

I agree about the shifter being a touch high. Doesn't bother me, but I've definitely noticed it. 3 months in I'm still experimenting with seat positioning. Took me a while to get the lumbar support dialed in just right, but now it's perfect.
When you did the ASD, did you loose the exhaust burbles ?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 08:38 PM   #9
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

We got twins.
I’m nearly 1000 miles in. BMS clutch stop is waiting home to be installed along with MSS springs, and mud flaps from TLG.
I also have a Uniden R7, and I’m thinking of using the supplied radar mount with a mirror tap power.
Attached Images

08-19-2021, 09:08 PM   #10
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90post_user View Post
We got twins.
I'm nearly 1000 miles in. BMS clutch stop is waiting home to be installed along with MSS springs, and mud flaps from TLG.
I also have a Uniden R7, and I'm thinking of using the supplied radar mount with a mirror tap power.
Nice color … I got mud flap too, but nothing fancy, a 3D printed from CAD Motorsports. Just $20, with free shipping. Seems it will do the job and looks decent too.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2021, 09:26 PM   #11
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

I looked up the words 'sound' and 'deadening' and I must not have found the right definitions yet. Weird ;-)

I've got those same guards but was waiting for PPF/ceramic first, so now I can put them on. They do look subtle enough, but will see once on.
      08-20-2021, 01:55 AM   #12
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokguru View Post
6) Radar - I am for now lost between Uniden R7 and Valentine V2. I feel I might go with Uniden R7 + mount and wire tap
I got a V1G2 a month ago. I don't know if I like it. I was a long time V1 G1 user until it got stolen and I never bothered replacing it. The issue I have is that it might be too good. In my densely populated area, I think it's too sensitive on Ka band even in advanced L mode. The old V1 was noisy with X and K band etc, which is fine, those are almost always false. Ka band though is usually a cop, but the G2 is picking up cops like a mile away on the other side of the highway and cops on adjacent overpasses and bounces that I don't think the V1 G1 would have reported on. I'm not familiar with TX, but it may be perfect for outside the city proper.
Appreciate 1
Lokguru321.50
      08-20-2021, 07:19 AM   #13
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Switch to efficient on highway. Problem solved.
Appreciate 1
Lokguru321.50
      08-20-2021, 07:33 AM   #14
rns294
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
No they are separate.
Appreciate 1
Lokguru321.50
      08-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #15
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I got a V1G2 a month ago. I don't know if I like it. I was a long time V1 G1 user until it got stolen and I never bothered replacing it. The issue I have is that it might be too good. In my densely populated area, I think it's too sensitive on Ka band even in advanced L mode. The old V1 was noisy with X and K band etc, which is fine, those are almost always false. Ka band though is usually a cop, but the G2 is picking up cops like a mile away on the other side of the highway and cops on adjacent overpasses and bounces that I don't think the V1 G1 would have reported on. I'm not familiar with TX, but it may be perfect for outside the city proper.

thanks that is good info.. heard good reviews on V2, seems to have better filter than V1 and also really good at detecting laser much faster (almost instantaneous). Also it has good stealth mode that it cant be detected.
But I think overall range and tighter filter is with R7. I have R3 on my X5 and have been happy with it. Some times it will NOT alert; I would like to believe thats because the Patrol didn't activate their radar. Sometimes, I feel to pull over and ask them - "hey did you not turn your radar on " that way I can confirm my belief .
Appreciate 1
chris7197365.00
      08-23-2021, 11:25 PM   #16
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Congrats! I like your list of mods. Good luck sticking to your budget!! Keep us up to date with photos as you add the goodies!
Appreciate 1
Lokguru321.50
      08-24-2021, 09:04 AM   #17
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
Congrats! I like your list of mods. Good luck sticking to your budget!! Keep us up to date with photos as you add the goodies!

Well the budget is already blown out.

Went to get few PPF and Tint done. The "few" PPF list just expanded.
Now the PPF and Tint + Ceramic alone is over $3.5K .. One thing for sure, This is going to be a keeper, esp. now that I have spend some not at all needed but crazy $$$ spend. wait.. maybe its a good thing
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2021, 09:47 AM   #18
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Quote:
Well the budget is already blown out.

Went to get few PPF and Tint done. The "few" PPF list just expanded.
Now the PPF and Tint + Ceramic alone is over $3.5K .. One thing for sure, This is going to be a keeper, esp. now that I have spend some not at all needed but crazy $$$ spend. wait.. maybe its a good thing
Pfft - 6 months of HEB instead of Central Market and it's all paid for
Once the car gets to 150 status and you're committed to purchase it, everything after that is one big slippery slope, better on the car than on many many many other things.
Enjoy it!
      08-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #19
.Slug
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I put the clutch stop in last night. Using all 3 provided washer discs shortened the clutch travel a bit too much. Using 2 of the provided discs was the sweet spot. It was a bit of a pain in the ass to wiggle the stop out of the hole once it was inserted, so I'd recommend starting with 2 discs, unless you want literal close to instant clutch engagement immediately upon liftiing your foot. For me, that was a bit too touchy. You really have to wiggle and push hard to get it fully seated in as well. I also didn't expect the location of the stock one, you really have to reach up to where the clutch pedal goes into the dash behind some rubber flaps. Feel for a rubber nub and the stock one pulls right out. It was more difficult getting the new one in, it really took a lot of unexpected pressure. I thought I would break it. All in all, great bang for the buck on driveability.
Appreciate 4
wjones14664.00
Lokguru321.50
      08-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #20
tkl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 LBB M2C

Welcome to the club fellow LBB M2c owner! I had ASD for about 2 weeks and then got bimmer code to get rid of it. I would say that is a much better option than getting sound deadening due to the fact that most of the drone is from the speakers and not the actual exhaust. Once you code it out it will be MUCH quieter. The burbles will still be there but not nearly as pronounced. One can fix that with a small change to the mod budget though.
Appreciate 1
Lokguru321.50
      08-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #21
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
coding out ASD with bimmercode should not affect burbles.
it doesn't actually 'disable' it, it 'breaks' the function by purposely putting in erroneous data so ASD can't work properly. no side effects as far as i can tell.
      08-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #22
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Slug View Post
I put the clutch stop in last night. Using all 3 provided washer discs shortened the clutch travel a bit too much. Using 2 of the provided discs was the sweet spot. It was a bit of a pain in the ass to wiggle the stop out of the hole once it was inserted, so I'd recommend starting with 2 discs, unless you want literal close to instant clutch engagement immediately upon liftiing your foot. For me, that was a bit too touchy. You really have to wiggle and push hard to get it fully seated in as well. I also didn't expect the location of the stock one, you really have to reach up to where the clutch pedal goes into the dash behind some rubber flaps. Feel for a rubber nub and the stock one pulls right out. It was more difficult getting the new one in, it really took a lot of unexpected pressure. I thought I would break it. All in all, great bang for the buck on driveability.
For whatever reason, getting the clutch stop installed in the M2C was an absolute pain for me. Must have taken me 20 minutes of trying, swearing, and trying again. I have no idea why it was so difficult seeing as installing the same clutch stop on my previous M240i took 15 seconds tops.
Appreciate 0