BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2021, 05:26 AM   #1
ukpolak
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

U.K. M40i Pro Edition

Hello all - does anyone have any details on this?

From the BMW website it notes that it comes exclusively in frozen feel grey individual paint, with carbon bits outside and in. Pricing is TBD although the regular M40i is £59k. It also appears to have the M seats as part of the build and not a £800 option (£1k + when you add lumbar).

http://www.bmw-brochure-downloads.co...X3_Pricing.pdf

I can’t seem to build in the configurator and likewise all pricing is TBD. It isn’t on carwow, Drivethedeal or coast2coast etc.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #2
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukpolak View Post
Hello all - does anyone have any details on this?

From the BMW website it notes that it comes exclusively in frozen feel grey individual paint, with carbon bits outside and in. Pricing is TBD although the regular M40i is £59k. It also appears to have the M seats as part of the build and not a £800 option (£1k + when you add lumbar).

http://www.bmw-brochure-downloads.co...X3_Pricing.pdf

I can’t seem to build in the configurator and likewise all pricing is TBD. It isn’t on carwow, Drivethedeal or coast2coast etc.

Thanks!!
Drivethedeal hasn't done any BMW for some time. Carwow savings are average at best, but it is possible to get around 14% off OTR on an M40 LCI.

Maybe details will follow after the China and Euro car shows X3 launch at the end of August, early Sep.

It will be interesting to see the premium, as the paint alone is probably several £k, and the seats will be costed in.

Any idea how hard it is to maintain that type of paint finish?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 06:42 AM   #3
ukpolak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Drivethedeal hasn't done any BMW for some time. Carwow savings are average at best, but it is possible to get around 14% off OTR on an M40 LCI.

Maybe details will follow after the China and Euro car shows X3 launch at the end of August, early Sep.

It will be interesting to see the premium, as the paint alone is probably several £k, and the seats will be costed in.

No idea on the paint maintenance - tbh I really like the Tanzanite Blue after seeing a m440i in that paint yesterday. But this Pro edition appears to come in one colour only.

Upon closer inspection I realised no HUD or HK audio as standard so I think it must be an asthetics “pro” rather than the equivalent of the “ultimate” you see on other BMWs where most options are ticked. So I’d still end up having to go for tech / tech+, comfort, pano roof etc which adds £££ but on functional stuff rather than looks.

The standard M40i comes with blue brakes where the Pro comes with red as standard, but then the standard M40i has red as a no cost option.

I’m sure we’ll learn more as you say!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post

No idea on the paint maintenance - tbh I really like the Tanzanite Blue after seeing a m440i in that paint yesterday. But this Pro edition appears to come in one colour only.

Upon closer inspection I realised no HUD or HK audio as standard so I think it must be an asthetics "pro" rather than the equivalent of the "ultimate" you see on other BMWs where most options are ticked. So I'd still end up having to go for tech / tech+, comfort, pano roof etc which adds £££ but on functional stuff rather than looks.

The standard M40i comes with blue brakes where the Pro comes with red as standard, but then the standard M40i has red as a no cost option.

I'm sure we'll learn more as you say!
Pro Edition not orderable yet in UK. Apart from the paint, the only extra it has which you can't order from new are the carbon fibre mirror caps. You can order these separately if you want but they're £350 each…

I've gone for Tanzanite as well. Arrives end November.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 12:47 AM   #5
ukpolak
Private
Rep

Cheers for your reply. Such a lovely colour.

I’m torn between Tech vs Tech + and to be honest all we’d want from the + is the parking assistant plus (£500 on its own) and not the expensive driving assistant which is beyond any use case we have for the car.

Coast2coast give 11% off the bat and park lane advertise 10% off but unfortunately we don’t have any relatives in the public sector to get the forces discount which I think is more like 14%. Let’s see what I can do.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:26 AM   #6
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I’m torn between Tech vs Tech + and to be honest all we’d want from the + is the parking assistant plus (£500 on its own) and not the expensive driving assistant which is beyond any use case we have for the car.

Coast2coast give 11% off the bat and park lane advertise 10% off but unfortunately we don’t have any relatives in the public sector to get the forces discount which I think is more like 14%. Let’s see what I can do.

Thanks for your help.
I'd also double check the broker numbers as I was recently quoted via C2C and what I got back from the dealer wasn't 11% off the BMW config OTR number.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 02:21 AM   #7
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for your help.
Got around 14% off ours about a month ago without any NHS/Forces discount. Allocations have gone down though so that might be hard to get again.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 02:29 AM   #8
ukpolak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
Got around 14% off ours about a month ago without any NHS/Forces discount. Allocations have gone down though so that might be hard to get again.

Thanks so much. C2C get down to 11.1% off so will do some ringing around. Carwow hasn’t updated its model with the LCI car and TRL has no Q3 pricing but then again Q4 deals a few weeks away and perhaps residuals will have increased in latest refresh to make finance more palatable from the £22k historic lows on quotes last quarter.

C2C quote appears to match BMW configurator for RRP albeit £890 comfort pack is £820 on C2C.

£59,010 base
£1,100 - tanzanite blue metallic
£890 - comfort pack
£1,700 - tech pack
£1,190 - pano glass sunroof
£500 - parking assistant plus
= £64,320

Coast2coast = £57,181 + £7,139 (11% off)

Appreciate the help and all the best.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 02:37 AM   #9
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks so much. C2C get down to 11.1% off so will do some ringing around. Carwow hasn’t updated its model with the LCI car and TRL has no Q3 pricing but then again Q4 deals a few weeks away and perhaps residuals will have increased in latest refresh to make finance more palatable from the £22k historic lows on quotes last quarter.

C2C quote appears to match BMW configurator for RRP albeit £890 comfort pack is £820 on C2C.

£59,010 base
£890 - comfort pack
£1,700 - tech pack
= £64,320

IIRC BMW GTV used was over £27K on M40D, think this is still current.

My point with C2C is their "quote" didn't match the dealer quote. Basically, they provide your request/spec to a dealer (i had to choose from two). C2C then charge an additional fee (£200?) as they are not in the purchase chain. Similar to Drivethedeal who I've used before, except their fee is paid by the dealer from the deal.

The dealer then comes back with a quote. It didn't match in my case, but maybe different now.

Last edited by avi66; 08-09-2021 at 04:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 03:40 AM   #10
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

£59,010 base
£890 - comfort pack
£1,700 - tech pack
= £64,320

Bear in mind Q3 APR is 2.9% and this isn't guaranteed to stay the same for Q4. Could go up to 3.9% like it's already done for X5s. So if you can find a deal you're happy with prior to end September then it might be a good idea to go for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #11
Markee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
You can order these separately if you want but they're £350 each…
Bargain, I might order two! 😜
      08-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #12
ukpolak
Private
Rep

Thanks for the tips - we’re wanting long term ownership (car for my wife - typically keeps for 5 years +) so it’s more the lowest price I’m aiming at. Even if the APR went up, perhaps it’d come with some BMWFS discount support

Appreciate 0