Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
M Drive 1 and M Drive 2

What are your settings?

Factory Settings:
M1: TC fully on, Sport engine, Comfort shocks, comfort steering, D2 (If DCT)
M2: TC MDM, Sport+ engine, Sport+ shocks, Sport+ steering, D3 (If DCT)

I have kept the factory M1 setting and it will probably be my every-day default driving mode. Start engine, activate M1.

I adjusted M2 to the following:
TC MDM, Sport+ engine, Sport shocks, Sport steering, D2
That seems to be my favorite combo for just cruising around on the back roads.

It is easy to switch into sequential mode if I want to do the shifting, and all other M2 settings stay. I think the full TC off, Sport+ all around and D3 (or S3) will be more viable after break-in service, but right now the temptation is too great.

What are you doing and why?
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2021, 03:54 PM   #2
AxM2CS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28 535i >E39 528iT >E39 540i6

Still getting initial miles in and trying to determine what my preferred defaults will be (car has been in for PPF for almost a week .. need it back!!) Some initial perceptions that will likely influence my setup however:

- driving around town I like MDM and very happy with Sport steering; don't agree with the reviews that said Sport steering is too resistant and artificial. Comfort shocks for in-town. Probably Sport engine. Sport is a bigger jump from Efficiency than Sport+ is from Sport.

- highway miles probably Efficient for, well efficiency's sake and mileage between refills. Probably full traction.

So a bit of a dilemma on how M1/M2 will map to town/twisties/highway. If there were only one setting I could honestly live with Sport-everything (including MDM) all the time, except would want Comfort suspension for poor roads. And probably Sport+ everything if/when I get the car to a track.

The good thing is it's 1-button easy and intuitive to change any individual setting, and I've found myself playing with each setting a lot. Don't think I'll be a slave to the M1/M2 buttons in the end, but will more dynamically adjust things as conditions and my driving mood dictate. M1/M2 will just be the starting points. Fun!
Appreciate 2
CarJunkie2618.50
      01-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I use Eco mode as my cold weather mode for low temps. Laggy throttle response, comfort steering, and comfort suspension.

M1: TC fully on, Sport+ engine, Comfort shocks, comfort steering

Sport+ just feels right for my shift style. I keep suspension in comfort because it seems best for my city roads. And I'm one button push away from sport. The comfort steering is pretty firm imo. I don't find it jerky or hard to modulate.

M2: TC MDM, Sport+ engine, Sport shocks, comfort steering

This is more of my highway mode. Smoother roads so I go up to sport on suspension. TC: MDM just in case I want to play. I'm not sure if that is necessary though. TC on might be just fine.
Appreciate 1
CarJunkie2618.50
      01-20-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
specracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS HS 6MT M8 Comp

I have not driven the car yet (let one of our sons drive it from the dealer last night), but I have already programmed M1 for TC fully off, and sport plus, the settings required to disable rev match. Sadly roads got salted last night so I have no idea when I will be able to drive the car for the 1st time (they were salt free yesterday). Coming from an F80 M3, I know I will exclusively drive this car with rev match off (I started a thread here before buying the CS so, at least I knew about this, vs the M3 back in 2015).

M2 likely nothing, but we shall see.
Appreciate 1
CarJunkie2618.50