BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Auto solutions SSK fitting

12-13-2020, 05:21 AM   #1
Throttlemonkey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 competition

Auto solutions SSK fitting

Does anyone have recommendations of where I can have it fitted to my m2c in the UK?

Ideally looking for somewhere that have installed them before to avoid any complications on an almost new car. Or should I ask a BMW main dealer? I'm based in the northwest but don't mind travelling.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #2
CurryPuff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Very keen to hear about this too!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

This is a longshot, but you may reach out to Ron to see if he has any recommendations in the UK. Even if the shop has not done one, they could dialogue with Ron in case any questions arise. I'd avoid the dealer if possible. GL with your search!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #4
Gizmo 335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C BSM, 6MT

It appears this is something that can be done fairly easily by a garden-variety mechanic. My point in saying this is that you should be able to go to just about any indie shop in your area that has experience with BMWs and have it done right. Heck, guys on this board have done it in their driveways as it does not require specialized diagnostic or proprietary knowledge. Just my $.02.

Maybe Mike Brewer and Elvis with install it for you
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #5
Throttlemonkey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo 335i View Post
It appears this is something that can be done fairly easily by a garden-variety mechanic. My point in saying this is that you should be able to go to just about any indie shop in your area that has experience with BMWs and have it done right. Heck, guys on this board have done it in their driveways as it does not require specialized diagnostic or proprietary knowledge. Just my $.02.

Maybe Mike Brewer and Elvis with install it for you
From what I've read the gearbox needs to be partially dropped for it to be installed. I've also heard of them improperly fitted resulting with shift issues. Hoping someone will have a recommendation before I take the plunge but I'll be sure to ask Ron anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #6
TheHaze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemonkey View Post
From what I've read the gearbox needs to be partially dropped for it to be installed. I've also heard of them improperly fitted resulting with shift issues. Hoping someone will have a recommendation before I take the plunge but I'll be sure to ask Ron anyway.
The transmission crossmember needs to be removed to get the clearance needed to remove the shifter. It's only 4 bolts though and not a big deal IMO. I put a jack stand under it to be safe but it's not going anywhere. I agree with the other posters that any decent indie shop should be able to do this without much issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #7
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
You could go up on the Regional UK forum page and ask about it there. You also can read the other threads regarding the AS SSK because I know there are 1-2 UK dudes who have done it!
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0