BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Any issues running Bootmod3 Stage 2?

06-25-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
Spider.
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 Competition

Any issues running Bootmod3 Stage 2?

Hi all,

I just recently flashed BM3 Stage 2 ACN91 OTS map and while the car feels good, nothing crazy imo, most likely due to my limitations on CA gas, I just want to know that I can reliably have this on for the long haul. Is the stock HPFP able to handle this tune?

I just wanted to see if anyone can weigh in on their experience with BM3 Stage 2; positive or negative. Has anyone had any issues so far that I should look out for?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 10:18 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_ View Post
Hi all,

I just recently flashed BM3 Stage 2 ACN91 OTS map and while the car feels good, nothing crazy imo, most likely due to my limitations on CA gas, I just want to know that I can reliably have this on for the long haul. Is the stock HPFP able to handle this tune?

I just wanted to see if anyone can weigh in on their experience with BM3 Stage 2; positive or negative. Has anyone had any issues so far that I should look out for?
You can defintely run this tune long term without issue so long as you are not knocking, running lean, running out of fuel etc. The best way to tell for sure is if you logged the car regularly and sent those logs in for review. With a tune you should also do maintenance more regularly than normal.

The ots maps are designed for the stock HPFP so it should have no issues.

I cannot comment on how I feel about ots bm3 tunes since I do not use them.
      06-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

No issues as long as your car is FBO

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

I’m running bm3 stage 2 91 with full bolts ons on my N55 m2. No issues for 55,000 km’s so far.
I do interim oil changes at approx 9000Km’s between the scheduled ones. Also I do the plugs every 25,000kms.

I’ve only had one problem to date, more fuel related though, than car related. I got a bad tank of fuel. Car wouldn’t run properly when jumping into the throttle. It would stutter and delay. Drained it for use in the lawn mower, then a fresh fill up at a different station and problem was mostly fixed. Ran that tank through and then the next tank was fine. Was good ever since (happened at least a year ago).
When I go to track or autocross I add VP octane booster for added protection since those conditions are harder on it for intake air temps.
If you are in Cali and have that shitty fuel, you might want to consider a good booster or other options to increase octane. I think bm3 also has a California tune for their fuel too, that would be added protection.

Always look at logs to ensure it’s safe. And if it doesn’t run right, stop and assess things, don’t run it and hope it’ll clean itself out. I think fuel is your only risk provided you meet all the fbo needs.
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6642.50
      06-26-2020, 11:33 AM   #5
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

Oh, I just re-read your post that you have the 91acn tune already. You should be fine then.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 11:08 PM   #6
Spider.
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 Competition

Thanks all for the feedback and assurance.

I am FBO and plan to do plugs on my next service.

But ya'll are right though, logging is the best way to adequately ensure the car is running well.

I was holding out because, without a dyno, it really isn't the easiest/safest thing for me to do.

That being said, I did manage to do gather a few logs this early morning and sent them for review.

They will be updating me on Monday
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #7
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Turbos have been fine on stage two? I ask as thought stage of tune is almost a 'stage three' in stock M2 N55. Sure I read that here.

That initially tuners could only get a bit more out of the OG M2 then a year or so later stage two tunes cracked the 410/420 bhp mark weirdly.

I realise 'stages' get a bit non specific usually past stage two.
Appreciate 0