E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > OEM Parts... Invoice Pricing?

09-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

OEM Parts... Invoice Pricing?

I've seen all the new car pricing PDFs with invoice, ED, and Base US port numbers, but was wondering if there's anything that broke down BMW parts (and performance parts) pricing as well? There are some great deals on OEM parts online, just wondering how much some of these parts ACTUALLY COST. (Like what the invoice cost on an Performance Steering Wheel would be, or an OEM aero lip, etc...)
      09-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
I've seen all the new car pricing PDFs with invoice, ED, and Base US port numbers, but was wondering if there's anything that broke down BMW parts (and performance parts) pricing as well? There are some great deals on OEM parts online, just wondering how much some of these parts ACTUALLY COST. (Like what the invoice cost on an Performance Steering Wheel would be, or an OEM aero lip, etc...)
I know where I work we are selling ALL accesories for 10% over cost. Typiocally it can range from10%-30% in markup depending on the part. The cost on the sterring wheel is no much less than what tisher is charging. I think they are also like 10% over the cost.

The companies that make good money sell wheels and tires. Tires are marked up a lot at most places (including the dealership where I work in some cases). Wheels are also that way espically when you go higher end. Look at the list price on expensive wheels and then look at the buy price and there is usually a large difference.

ALso since your buying higher end and most people want those wheels they are going to make more profit on expensive wheels than on a set of 19" wheels and tires that is under 2k. Supply is lower than demand in some of those cases with the higher end wheels as low so they have the right in the world to make money on that. Even after that difference you know they are still making enough money to have a good business which I dont think there is aything worng with. I am happy espically when sponsors here get business and make some money because with out them we would not have as good a site as we do.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
I know where I work we are selling ALL accesories for 10% over cost. Typiocally it can range from10%-30% in markup depending on the part. The cost on the sterring wheel is no much less than what tisher is charging. I think they are also like 10% over the cost.

The companies that make good money sell wheels and tires. Tires are marked up a lot at most places (including the dealership where I work in some cases). Wheels are also that way espically when you go higher end. Look at the list price on expensive wheels and then look at the buy price and there is usually a large difference.

ALso since your buying higher end and most people want those wheels they are going to make more profit on expensive wheels than on a set of 19" wheels and tires that is under 2k. Supply is lower than demand in some of those cases with the higher end wheels as low so they have the right in the world to make money on that. Even after that difference you know they are still making enough money to have a good business which I dont think there is aything worng with. I am happy espically when sponsors here get business and make some money because with out them we would not have as good a site as we do.
I'm not trying to circumvent any vendors… but I’m curious as to what some individual parts actually cost. I was at a meet a few weeks ago, and spoke to a guy who got an OEM spoiler through a CA he knew really cheap.

My situation is that my dealership has been screwing me over and lying to me ever since my original CA left there. So since I’m looking at parts right now, I figured I’d see if the dealership would sell me a discounted m-tech wheel without raping me on markup. It would take some sort of gesture on their end to earn them some credit. I’ve seen the M-Tech wheels on eBay and tischer for $269-$400 respectively, so if the wheel COST around $275, and the dealer sold it to me for $300, that’d be reasonable. (I'm not asking for a freebie, but when they say "what can we do to make things right", I'd like to have an idea besides telling them to stop lying to me and wasting my time with fake appointments.)

These cars and all the options pricing are all very well documented… I’m just looking to see how much the parts are, since I can’t find any real numbers.
      09-17-2008, 03:20 AM   #4
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep

Anyone???

There's gotta be some kind of pricing for OEM accessories and parts floating around somewhere.