F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F31 Luxury vs M Sport vs Xdrive adaptive damper difference??
Studio RSR

06-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #1
jedi-knight83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 430d GC, XKR, Clio 172

F31 Luxury vs M Sport vs Xdrive adaptive damper difference??

Hello.

After lots of reading and googling I've found lots of info, but not this specific info ...

I've currently got a very well used E91 330d SE manual with 210k miles as my motorway hack. I do 120miles per day and its 98% dual carriageway and motorway so comfort is my main concern, but if I'm on an A / B road, I want a car that drives nicely as well.

Even though my current car has mega mileage, its extremely well maintained and I've just had the dampers and top mounts replaced so its drives pretty well.

However, now the prices of 80-100k mile F31's are coming down I might upgrade.

Now I should say, I've never driven an F31 in any form. I was about to buy a 330d XDrive with adaptive today but having spent most of the day researching I'm glad I've held off the purchase.

So, after that rambling intro...

Can anyone tell me definitively if the adaptive damper is the same across the F31 range whether its fitted to a Luxury or M Sport and also the X Drive variants of both versions as well please. IE, is it the exact same part and part number

Forgetting X Drive for a moment, If a Luxury has adaptive, is this the same spring as an M Sport with adaptive?

Are there any other suspension part differences between Luxury and M Sport? ARB's for instance? Or is it all in the spring?

After lots of reading I'm pretty sure I don't want an X Drive thanks to the high ride height on SE springs but if the dampers are all the same then I guess a simple spring change isn't the hardest thing in the world if the right spec comes up and it happens to be X Drive.

Thanks in advance

Nathan
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
jedi-knight83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 430d GC, XKR, Clio 172

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

As the first step, it would be helpful to visit realoem.com and compare part numbers.
Appreciate 0