F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Need help - DRL change
proTUNING Freaks

02-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Need help - DRL change

Good evening -

I've been out of my mind trying to find which bulb is burned out on my car (with all the computer stuff, you would think it would tell you), but finally found it tonight when I was unlocking the car from afar - and noticed the front / right / daytime running light was burned out.

So I searched for daytime running light, but didn't find anything -

Do any of you have instructions / video / to replace on a 2013 328i (F30) that doesn't have the Xeon lights - and does not have active headlights?

help would be apricated...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 10:13 PM   #2
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/BMW-F30-PW2...ghts-a/446.htm

One of these should help?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

I seriously owe you a beer or something... looked over google, but all the videos that I found were of older cars or the angel eye bulbs... but damn, yes, this is what I was looking for...

Now if you want to help me on a stupid check engine light that keeps coming back time after time - it's the "BMW thermostat heat control open" P0597 code... but what's weird is when I go to clear it, it's in the area where the engine oil reset is located.. so that tells me it's not the heater, but I'm assuming a temp sensor somewhere? I clear it and it comes back on after a while... sucks... feel like I'm driving a broken car with those lights on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
Good evening -

I've been out of my mind trying to find which bulb is burned out on my car (with all the computer stuff, you would think it would tell you), but finally found it tonight when I was unlocking the car from afar - and noticed the front / right / daytime running light was burned out.

So I searched for daytime running light, but didn't find anything -

Do any of you have instructions / video / to replace on a 2013 328i (F30) that doesn't have the Xeon lights - and does not have active headlights?

help would be apricated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Found this but your going to have to do some reading and look at different articles to understand what’s going on with yours. I am sure someone else has had this issue. I haven’t yet.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0597

If you don’t fix the problem the code will always come back. I can’t stand have the lights on either.
Appreciate 0