BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Maybe a dumb DP question.

03-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
M2Rob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White M2

Maybe a dumb DP question.

All, I am new to the M2, coming from a race prepped Audi. First, i am shocked at the cost of exhaust systems on this platform, and other than the DP, I don't see any performance for the dollar. Maybe it's just me. Regardless, here is my question. I see a catless DP (I believe from VRSF?) that has an option to delete the associated CEL for $100. Called a cat-fix. I am not quite sure what that means. I don't care about being legal, but I am not a fan of constant CEL codes. So, my question is, can this actually work? Can you just "buy" a fix for the CEL?

I want a DP for the sound, but at over $1k, I can't explain that to the wife! Haha!
      03-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Rob View Post
All, I am new to the M2, coming from a race prepped Audi. First, i am shocked at the cost of exhaust systems on this platform, and other than the DP, I don't see any performance for the dollar. Maybe it's just me. Regardless, here is my question. I see a catless DP (I believe from VRSF?) that has an option to delete the associated CEL for $100. Called a cat-fix. I am not quite sure what that means. I don't care about being legal, but I am not a fan of constant CEL codes. So, my question is, can this actually work? Can you just "buy" a fix for the CEL?

I want a DP for the sound, but at over $1k, I can't explain that to the wife! Haha!
You could go with a catless DP and throw in a tune like MHD/BM3. Both should allow you to disable the CEL caused by a catless downpipe. You also get the benefit of actually being able to make use of the downpipe properly with a tune.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Rob View Post

We have O2 spacers with small Cats in them. They might work for you.
https://www.fabspeed.com/universal-o...verter-single/
Appreciate 1
M3 Alex122.50
      03-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
M2Rob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White M2

Thank you! That is exactly what I'm looking for! Score!