BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > That was quick

10-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

That was quick

Got this picture from my salesperson this morning. The boat arrived in port on October 26. I really did not expect my M2 to clear customs and arrive at the dealership this quickly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
BAN_M2C4188.50
D CHOI581.00
AYurch50.00
Em-too279.50
Chuck W.356.00
      10-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
le panecito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 (LBB+DCT)

Congrats!! You're going to absolutely love it.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Harley89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 (Ordered)

Congrats! what city is your dealer in and where was port of entry, and did you have any port installed options?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #4
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley89 View Post
Congrats! what city is your dealer in and where was port of entry, and did you have any port installed options?
Looks like I will be picking it up at 2:00 tomorrow.

As for the rest, I and my dealer are in Plano, TX (so about 6 hours from Galveston). I had the black grill and aluminum pedals installed, so nothing fancy or time consuming there.

I just remember it taking longer for my 135i to get here (from the port), and others have mentioned their car taking a while at port. I was a bit shocked to get that e-mail this morning.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #5
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Customs selects random cars for inspection. Yours was one of the ones that weren't selected.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Nice! Sounds like the Galveston port is kicking butt now. I remember Austin dealer saying when it first opened, it was taking like 3 weeks to get a car to the dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #7
Harley89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 (Ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralfaz View Post

As for the rest, I and my dealer are in Plano, TX (so about 6 hours from Galveston). I had the black grill and aluminum pedals installed, so nothing fancy or time consuming there.

I just remember it taking longer for my 135i to get here (from the port), and others have mentioned their car taking a while at port. I was a bit shocked to get that e-mail this morning.
Nice! I have minor port installed options as well. Scheduled to arive n Charleston SC on the 30th, and then make its way to central FL. Time from port to dealer sounds about identical. Won't be much longer for me now... I hope
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 01:04 PM   #8
LAGWAGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Roadster, '24 BSM M2

Quote:

Welcome to the group! I know that's at least 4 LBB's in DFW now. Still yet to see one in the road though...

You're gonna love the car!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #9
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Unless I happen to see one in the next two days, my own will be the first M2 I've seen on the road. The only one I have physically seen is the one in the Classic showroom.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #10
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Congratulations! Time to enjoy this exceptional car!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #11
LAGWAGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Unless I happen to see one in the next two days, my own will be the first M2 I've seen on the road. The only one I have physically seen is the one in the Classic showroom.
I'll be sure to stay away from Plano for the next couple of days then, just don't come to uptown.
      10-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #12
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGWGN View Post
I'll be sure to stay away from Plano for the next couple of days then, just don't come to uptown.
Also avoid Richardson, North Dallas area for mine lol. Picked it up less than two weeks ago and already put on 500+ miles driving around town. Finding myself going out for a drive with no destination.

Y'all going to Cars and Coffee next Sat?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 12:47 AM   #13
LAGWAGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M View Post
Also avoid Richardson, North Dallas area for mine lol. Picked it up less than two weeks ago and already put on 500+ miles driving around town. Finding myself going out for a drive with no destination.

Y'all going to Cars and Coffee next Sat?
I went last month and was the only M2 there although I did park way out.

Would love to meet up with some other owners this time around. I'll be there for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 09:21 AM   #14
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Congrats, looks like Classic. My friend saw your car along with a black M4 GTS being unloaded. Looks like there are quite a few LBB M2's in the DFW area. At least the OP, LGWGN and myself. You may see me driving up and down DNT from time to time.

For reference it took about 4-5 days for my car to get from Galveston down the road to Beaumont last month. I had nothing added at port. I guess they are picking up their pace a bit.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #15
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Nice! Sounds like the Galveston port is kicking butt now. I remember Austin dealer saying when it first opened, it was taking like 3 weeks to get a car to the dealer
I don't know about that. Mine arrived in Galveston on 10/18 and finally made it to my dealer in Houston yesterday. I'm picking it up in a couple of hours.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #16
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I don't know about that. Mine arrived in Galveston on 10/18 and finally made it to my dealer in Houston yesterday. I'm picking it up in a couple of hours.
Damn, and Houston is only like an hour from Galveston lol didn't you get M parts installed? Maybe that delayed it from arriving quick.

Congrats on picking up your ride today!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #17
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So, I picked up my M2 yesterday. Not 100% smooth, but luckily no car issues. Just an odd financing one. I was told On Friday that I could get .9% for 24 months, but was told yesterday that when the finance guy mentioned that he didn't know I was getting an M2. They called around to other places and got the best they could. The head finance guy mentioned they couldn't give the best rate because the M2 is still a bit of an "unknown" so underwriting is different for it.

I am likely paying it early, so the difference is not that great. Aside from that it was all great. Even though I was #14 on ordering, the finance guy said they have only had a handful of M2's go through there. Definitely not 14. He also mentioned the M4 GTS the owner of the dealership got (possibly the one CosmosMPower mentioned seeing.

The short time from port to dealer made me realize there is no way there was any shipping damage on my car that would have been fixed at port, so that is very cool. Also got the Michillin tires. So aside from financing issues everything worked out really well.

Now I just need to get used to a few things. It feels like the gearing is a little different than my 135, so it really likes to shift at higher RPM's. Maybe it is a bad habit, but I hold the clutch in a bit when turning corners at intersections and the rev match kicks in when I downshift. I have not driven at dusk yet, but so far the dim speedo hasn't been an issue. I can see where it isn't quite as bright as my 135. It may be my imagination, but the gearshift feels slightly taller.

I didn't have much time to play with my car last night since I had plans to go to a drive in movie they just opened near us. It was slightly tempting to take the M2, but did not. Certainly glad I didn't since that place was all gravel.

Need to think about getting XPel on the front. I know BMWcca members are supposed get a discount. Do you get that through authorized installers, or just if you buy the materials directly? I am also thinking about whether I want the windows tinted.
Appreciate 1
Chuck W.356.00
      10-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #18
Thespaz18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Need to think about getting XPel on the front. I know BMWcca members are supposed get a discount. Do you get that through authorized installers, or just if you buy the materials directly? I am also thinking about whether I want the windows tinted.
Check out Clear Bra North Dallas for the Xpel and tint. Had mine done there by the owner, Brent. Great guy and great work with excellent results...and I'm a picky customer. He's done mine and another LBB M2 for an attorney from Dallas (wonder if he's on the forum).

Quote:
I went last month and was the only M2 there although I did park way out.

Would love to meet up with some other owners this time around. I'll be there for sure.
Heard of this went I went to Classic a while back. What's a good time to get there? I hear spots fill up quick. I, too, would like to meet other M2 owners and see LBB in person.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #19
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespaz18 View Post
Check out Clear Bra North Dallas for the Xpel and tint. Had mine done there by the owner, Brent. Great guy and great work with excellent results...and I'm a picky customer.
The Xpel site shows NTX Clearbra (which is a bit closer to where I live). Online reviews seem decent (for what those are worth). Anyone have experience with them?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #20
LAGWAGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Welcome to the club!

I'll toss out a suggestion for Forcefield Paint Shield. They are in Lewisville, which is a stretch from me, but did an excellent job and very reasonably priced. Just had him do Xpel window tinting yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespaz18 View Post
Heard of this went I went to Classic a while back. What's a good time to get there? I hear spots fill up quick. I, too, would like to meet other M2 owners and see LBB in person.
I usually try and show up around 7:30-8:00am. It's usually pretty busy around that time.

I have never tried to park in with the show as it's always so full and I guess I'm more about seeing other peoples rides than showing off mine. Would be kind of cool to have a row of M2's though.

Last edited by LAGWAGN; 10-30-2016 at 01:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2016, 11:29 AM   #21
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I usually try and show up around 7:30-8:00am. It's usually pretty busy around that time.

I have never tried to park in with the show as it's always so full and I guess I'm more about seeing other peoples rides than showing off mine. Would be kind of cool to have a row of M2's though.
I may try to head down there next Saturday. It has been a while since I went to cars and coffee. So, at 7:30 or so is the general parking not bad?

I agree, it would be cool to have a row of M2's.
Appreciate 0