F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Looking for advice on Msport Bumper conversion
Studio RSR

03-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Looking for advice on Msport Bumper conversion

Recently my car got hit while parked at a parking garage, needs paintwork so I think it's the perfect time to upgrade for the Msport front bumper, I know there's plenty of post about it but most are not recent, I'm wondering if anybody can suggest an EBay vendor or a forum sponsor that they have used recently, looking for the front bumper conversion kit not just the bumper cover, thanks in advance!
      03-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Selma or europaetautostore

They both sell good go brand bumpers from Taiwan. Everyone's got bumpers from them with good experiences and OEM fitment. I'm in the process of getting mine installed this week
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty
Selma or europaetautostore

They both sell good go brand bumpers from Taiwan. Everyone's got bumpers from them with good experiences and OEM fitment. I'm in the process of getting mine installed this week
Thank you, yeah I need to get mine asap so I can get it painted locally, can you provide a link?
      03-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
Thank you, yeah I need to get mine asap so I can get it painted locally, can you provide a link?
Google is your friend

Europautosource:

PDC, Without Lip
PDC, With Lip

Selma
PDC, with Air Intake
No PDC, with Air Intake
No PDC, No Intake, Lip
PDC, Lip

Note, when I say PDC, I do not mean it comes with sensors--just the holes for them.

I'm also not 100% certain what the "intake" is for, though I believe it is duct work to the brakes. This may not be compatible with cars that have the M-Sport package from the factory, as there is additional cooling radiators behind the grills.

I've heard these are excellent reps, but if there are burrs or lines from the injection molding, have the shop lightly sand the bumper to smooth it out before they prime and paint it. It'll take no more than half an hour, but it will make the final product nicer--and it'll be hard to fix after it's painted.

Last edited by rollinstone157; 03-27-2016 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157
Quote:
Google is your friend

PDC, Without Lip
PDC, With Lip

Note, when I say PDC, I do not mean it comes with sensors--just the holes for them.

I've heard these are excellent reps, but if there are burrs or lines from the injection molding, have the shop lightly sand the bumper to smooth it out before they prime and paint it. It'll take no more than half an hour, but it will make the final product nicer--and it'll be hard to fix after it's painted.
I don't have PDC and I have googled and Ebayed plenty, I have seen a ton of places where to order from, I just need a link from a trusted vendor that someone has already used so I don't have to play Russian roulette, I was told Selma but when I type in Selma on eBay it does not describe that is the whole kit seems like just the bumper cover and it only has one pic of the bumper
      03-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #6
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

How do I know if I need the intake or not? I have a baseline 320...
      03-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #7
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you look on the front side of the front fender liner, do you see a rectangular cutout? If so, the car has air ducts behind the front bumper--it offers better cooling for the brakes.

If so, you should probably order one with the ducts. If not, then don't. Again, I'm not 100% certain but it would make sense to me.

It will look something like this, though this is for the E90 so don't expect for it to look exactly like that.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157
Quote:
If you look on the front side of the front fender liner, do you see a rectangular cutout? If so, the car has air ducts behind the front bumper--it offers better cooling for the brakes.

If so, order one with the ducts. If not, then don't.

It will look something like this, though this is for the E90 so don't expect for it to look exactly like that.
It has the cuts, I guess I'll order the one with the intake and if it anything I just won't install that part, do you know if that Selma link you posted is for the front bumper kit or just the bumper cover? Thanks a lot I really appreciate it, just trying to place the order so I can get things moving
      03-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #9
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post

If so, you should probably order one with the ducts. If not, then don't. Again, I'm not 100% certain but it would make sense to me.

thank you! I actually figured it out and ordered from one of your links
      03-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #10
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Do I actually have to buy a new BMW roundel or does it come with the kit?
      03-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #11
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Do I actually have to buy a new BMW roundel or does it come with the kit?
You reuse the one you have. The factory one is stuck on with double sided tape believe it or not. LOL..

Go with Selma. I have mine from them now for 2 years still matches up to the lines perfectly. Sometimes with cheap plastics the hot sun and cold winters will make them wavy and alter the shapes. Mine is still perfect.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #12
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
You reuse the one you have. The factory one is stuck on with double sided tape believe it or not. LOL..

Go with Selma. I have mine from them now for 2 years still matches up to the lines perfectly. Sometimes with cheap plastics the hot sun and cold winters will make them wavy and alter the shapes. Mine is still perfect.
I went with Selma should be here next week, how did you remove the roundel? wrapped a flat head screwdriver in cloth and pop it out?
      04-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #13
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went with Selma should be here next week, how did you remove the roundel? wrapped a flat head screwdriver in cloth and pop it out?
I recommend using a trim removal kit. If the screwdriver slips it could dig the paint, that risk is mitigated with the nylon tools. Harbor Freight isn't exactly known for having quality power tools, but I've found their stuff without moving parts are actually of very good quality. For $12, you can't go wrong with this nylon set.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 08:16 AM   #14
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Your body shop should handle that for you. It'll pop off from the rear of the bumper once the front bumper is taken off the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 10:32 PM   #15
Mathew Miles
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive MWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
So if I buy the Selma kit, it will include everything I need to swap? Just want to make sure before ordering.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 11:41 AM   #16
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Miles View Post
So if I buy the Selma kit, it will include everything I need to swap? Just want to make sure before ordering.
Yes, it should
Appreciate 0