E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I may have missed an episode about VISHNU?

Closed Thread

02-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
I may have missed an episode about VISHNU?

Why isn't VISHNU a sponsor anymore? The name ain't green.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

He was late on his monthly dues...he was busy buying a X6!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
WilyB
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Oh, ok, sorry, I was busy with my F-car these days. How may I lock this thread?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilyB View Post
Oh, ok, sorry, I was busy with my F-car these days. How may I lock this thread?
Mr. 5
      02-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
WilyB
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Well I read Shiv’s explanation and while I do understand it, I will miss all the very informative thread Shiv used to post here. They were in no small part the reason I decided to purchase his product, and I was an early adapter, as my PROcede wears #39.

I would suggest, if I may, that Shiv devotes quite some more time on his own forum, where he can freely make the rules, to explain to us what he is up to.

PROcede is a fabulous product, but we all need support. Shiv has been good about support to most of us. I hope he hires the right people and grow his business accordingly.

Oh, and Shiv, think about the ’08 Cayenne Twin Turbo!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

Quote:
Well I read Shiv’s explanation and while I do understand it, I will miss all the very informative thread Shiv used to post here. They were in no small part the reason I decided to purchase his product, and I was an early adapter, as my PROcede wears #39.

Take a read over my post. Shesh, you guys pretend like we are dying or something.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=24

BTW, everyone in the apple store is looking at me strange as I rip through all the new posts with speed.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
WilyB
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
Take a read over my post. Shesh, you guys pretend like we are dying or something.
No Dustin:

My advice is to continue posting great information but in your omw forum, so that you may do whatever you want.

I was surprised, when you opened the VISHNUTUNING forum to see how "dead" it was.

Move on there and make it a real forum.

Just my $0.02
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #8
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yeah but this forum is what brings the money!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
WilyB
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Yeah but this forum is what brings the money!!!
There is a lot of truth in that sentence.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #10
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
We could spend a lot more time developing products for both cars if we didn't have to spend as much time policing the ever so popular "the sky is falling" threads, such as this one. Yet, every day, we wake up to constant bashing and complaints that we didn't answer a thread at 5:30 in the morning PST, or that we weren't around all weekend to help troubleshoot an install. The unfortunate reality is the more time we spend plinking away at our keyboards in threads like this, the less time we spend developing the product, which most of you already own. I know it may be hard to believe, but it is the truth, we can only be spread so thin.

I don't know what it is, but this forum seems to work in these fashionable waves. It is either fashionable to hate us, or fashionable to love us, and of course demand more. Although, rarely is it fashionable to be satisfied with the service, we have worked very hard to provide this community. (After all, if everyone was just satisfied, what would we all have to post about?) It is not because the product isn't well developed or doesn't work well, quite the opposite, in fact. 99% of people posting on this forum have a car that runs great, but they are not satisfied with that, and want to learn more. So they spend their weekends datalogging, and self diagnosing problems or creating conspiracy theories about misrepresented boost, so on and so on. But at the end of the day, I would be willing to bet that even those who are most outspoken on this forum regarding the "problems" they have "found," still run the PROcede, and wouldn't have it any other way. Although, I can't say that this phenomenon is not without fault of our own. We provide the information which fuels the misunderstood fire. I think Shiv said it best in another thread,

"Unfortunately, we've now opened ourselves up to new threads saying "HELP! Dynamic Retard is too aggressive and ruins throttle response!"

Sadly, the more information we give, the more people self-diagnose non-existant problems and create threads that require so much attention and it keeps us from doing the work that we really should be doing."

Sorry if I come off a little frustrated, but the bipolar nature of the forum these days is just a little much to handle at times. We haven't even released a product for the evoX, and you guys are already claiming that you have been abandoned, and that we are dropping our sponsorship of the forum. Come on now, we aren't going anywhere. So lets make a pact to get back to what the forum was meant for, helping each-other, spreading factual information, and showing off our rides. Meanwhile, we will get back onto work to make sure that your PROcedes continue to improve, and retain their values. Hey, that is more than BMW can say for your cars, right?

EXTREMELY well said.

Last edited by Sal@AUTOcouture; 02-11-2008 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #11
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Hmmmmmm, this all sounds familiar to my Evo friends........this is just the beginning guys.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #12
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
EXTREMELY well said.
No, they are moving onto porche, since we have yet to get a trouble free Procede. Can't wait to see a procede version that doesn't lead to blips or limps. My .02: IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

The Procede fan boys may now flame away, while Shiv and the gang quietly turn their back on you without even realizing it. Boys, the same thing Calvin is complaining about is what made them so much money. LIVE BY THE GUN, DIE BY THE GUN.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #13
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
No, they are moving onto porche, since we have yet to get a trouble free Procede. Can't wait to see a procede version that doesn't lead to blips or limps. My .02: IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

The Procede fan boys may now flame away, while Shiv and the gang quietly turn their back on you without even realizing it. Boys, the same thing Calvin is complaining about is what made them so much money. LIVE BY THE GUN, DIE BY THE GUN.
Well, good to know either way. If the current PROcede V2 for the N54 is what it is, I'm fine with it. The wait to get something new or fixed is over and the time to look for a better product begins.

- Eugen
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #14
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Why isn't VISHNU a sponsor anymore? The name ain't green.
this is his exit plan to get into the nissan market with the skyline coming out
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #15
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

That's too bad they are no longer sponsors. I really enjoyed Shiv's post. If he's no longer a Sponsor, will the admin allow him to post about his product(s) or even support them here?

This truly sucks..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:36 AM   #16
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
That's too bad they are no longer sponsors. I really enjoyed Shiv's post. If he's no longer a Sponsor, will the admin allow him to post about his product(s) or even support them here?

This truly sucks..
They were just a few hours late on their vendor fees. Everybody falls into the same category including us. Notices come about a week before they are due so sometimes vendors pay on the last day or before the last day and forget. Shiv said he has already paid and will be GREEN tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
They were just a few hours late on their vendor fees. Everybody falls into the same category including us. Notices come about a week before they are due so sometimes vendors pay on the last day or before the last day and forget. Shiv said he has already paid and will be GREEN tomorrow.

Badabing, badaboom. My name is green.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
so dustin, is it true that Shiv is ditching BMW and the DP's map and going after Evo's now?

so we shouldnt be expecting anymore maps for N54 and RR DP's??
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #19
e.n335
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
so dustin, is it true that Shiv is ditching BMW and the DP's map and going after Evo's now?

You really expect an answer ? Regardless what happens in the future with the PROcede, I have learned a lot from the badabing, badaboom green named guys ...

Quote:
Badabing, badaboom. My name is green.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #20
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I suppose I can say it again. Maybe just bigger this time.
WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. WE CAN DEVELOP BOTH PRODUCTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #21
e.n335
Austria
Rep

Quote:
I suppose I can say it again. Maybe just bigger this time.
WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. WE CAN DEVELOP BOTH PRODUCTS!
Hi,
how long do you plan to develop V2 for the N54 until it will be a final product ?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #22
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post

This truly sucks..
We are sponsors. We will continue to be sponsors. Nothing has changed. All we are seeing is the usual drama on this forum. Someone or someones wants to start a scare and others readily buy into it without even reading our responses. It's a bit scary.

shiv
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread