E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Someone with a 335is, can you spare a moment for me..

04-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
N54Fiend
Professional idiot
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Someone with a 335is, can you spare a moment for me..

So I posted this in the 335is owners thread, but nobody got back to me . I didnt want to create a whole thread over this, but I really want to have the mount here for the day the car arrives. Anyway, I'm just going to paste the post so I dont have to do the links over again...

"Just signed my papers for a LeMans Blue/Saddle Brown 335is with 30,000 miles! The car is in MO and has to be trucked to me in central FL, but I'll be sure to get some photos up once I get it. Would you believe, I dont even have the car yet and I already ordered a JB4 and DCI!

Anyways, I have a quick question for you IS owners out there. Can someone check their rear view mirror and tell me which mirror type we have? I'd like to order my blendmount so I can get it all tapped into the mirror right away. Hate that cord that I've been plagued with for years. Thanks in advance!

On a side note, I've got the garage opener in my car so preferably let me know if you have the same mirror in case the mount is different!"

If anyone would be so kind to snap a photo just so I can verify, I would be very grateful!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
ajaye
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Fiend View Post
So I posted this in the 335is owners thread, but nobody got back to me . I didnt want to create a whole thread over this, but I really want to have the mount here for the day the car arrives. Anyway, I'm just going to paste the post so I dont have to do the links over again...

"Just signed my papers for a LeMans Blue/Saddle Brown 335is with 30,000 miles! The car is in MO and has to be trucked to me in central FL, but I'll be sure to get some photos up once I get it. Would you believe, I dont even have the car yet and I already ordered a JB4 and DCI!

Anyways, I have a quick question for you IS owners out there. Can someone check their rear view mirror and tell me which mirror type we have? I'd like to order my blendmount so I can get it all tapped into the mirror right away. Hate that cord that I've been plagued with for years. Thanks in advance!

On a side note, I've got the garage opener in my car so preferably let me know if you have the same mirror in case the mount is different!"

If anyone would be so kind to snap a photo just so I can verify, I would be very grateful!
If you plug the last 7 of the VIN into realoem it will tell you which mirror comes with the care based on the options the car has.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
N54Fiend
Professional idiot
Rep

Ive got the part number (51169192335) I just cant find a photo of the mirror at the right angle to know for sure which mount it is.. The realOem diagram only shows the front, and all real photos of the mirror I've found aren't at the correct angle. I appreciate the input though!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #4
Cabrio330
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23

Maybe this helps: go to bmwarchive.org, plug in the last 7 of your VIN, and then - best of all - click on the "Save datasheet as pdf" link and voila, you get a full list of all equipment and options, including a photo of the exterior and interior of your car as it left the factory. Pretty cool and worth saving.

My 2011 335is E93 shows "S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip" and it includes the garage door opener.

edit: I am not sure if the PDF image of the interior will show the mirror at the angle you need, but worth a shot.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #5
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Goes to show part of your problem:

No guarantee the next person that even does take a picture of their mirror will match exactly the mirror you have. Bit of a risk to take on ordering something through the mail. You're better off waiting till delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #6
N54Fiend
Professional idiot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Maybe this helps: go to bmwarchive.org, plug in the last 7 of your VIN, and then - best of all - click on the "Save datasheet as pdf" link and voila, you get a full list of all equipment and options, including a photo of the exterior and interior of your car as it left the factory. Pretty cool and worth saving.

My 2011 335is E93 shows "S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip" and it includes the garage door opener.

edit: I am not sure if the PDF image of the interior will show the mirror at the angle you need, but worth a shot.
Thanks for the info. I checked it out. I actually already had the build sheet from another source, but that's really good info. Thats just a simulation shot of the interior similar to what you get on the "Build your own" car builder, so it doesn't have that angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongway View Post
Goes to show part of your problem:

No guarantee the next person that even does take a picture of their mirror will match exactly the mirror you have. Bit of a risk to take on ordering something through the mail. You're better off waiting till delivery.
Im almost positive, if you have homelink, alarm, and compass in your mirror youre going to have the same mirror as me. Notice how theres only one on that list that has all those features on it, but I just want to verify thats what someone else has on their car.
Appreciate 0