Rep
Drives: 2003.5 M3, 2018 M2

2003.5 M3 6MT slicktop low option spec

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hello all,

I am relocating and it is not practical to keep a pure hobby/fun car. This car has been an absolute blast to own, best car I've ever owned. But I have an M2 daily (which is also great) and it makes more sense to keep that one if I'm forced down to one car.

Anyways, here's the car's story.

I looked high and low for the lowest weight E46 M3 I could get my hands on as I was looking to autocross the car in stock class SCCA. I stumbled across this car locally about 7 years ago when it had 89K miles. It had no service history, but it passed a pre-purchase inspection so I took a risk. Thankfully, the car has been fine. It was retired from autocross 2 years ago and has been a pure fun car since then. Unfortunately, the car got tapped in the rear at a stoplight 2 years ago. Thankfully the impact was at very low speed with very minor damage, and I have pictures and documentation. The only thing replaced was the rear trunk lid. I also had to replace a front quarter panel at one point when I accidentally dented it in my garage.

Despite all that, the car looks great. Paint match on the aforementioned exterior parts is decent. There are some rock chips on the hood but nothing crazy. Interior is decent. The driver's seat and center armrest have some cracks in the leather and the headliner on the pillars is starting to come down (ceiling is still good). Some interior plastic has surface chipping as well. The car has been in the Southwest it's entire life, so it's to be expected.

Mechanically the car is excellent. The only current issue is the thermostat seems a little sticky or is perhaps stuck open and should be replaced when convenient. I have a replacement already on hand.

Description and options:

-2003.5 M3 Silver-gray Metallic on Dove Gray Leather
-119,700 miles
-6MT (from factory)
-No Sunroof
-Manual Seats
-HK Audio
-Heated Seats
-Bi-Xenon Headlights
-Clean Title

Modifications:

- Ohlins R&T coilovers with Vorshlag front camber plates. Other than rear shocks, I have everything to revert the car back to stock if desired. I recommend keeping the Ohlins, though, they are fantastic. You can keep whichever parts you want.
- Apex SM-10 18x9.5 ET35 wheels with 255/40R18 Goodyear Supercar3 tires. This setup fits with stock suspension. I also have stock wheels with old all-season tires mounted if desired.
- Bimmerworld Race Studs with 12mm spacer in the rear to correct rear track width.
- Blanked foglights (can be reverted, but you'll need two new foglights and trim pieces)
- A Hotchkiss hollow front sway bar is available (not currently mounted).
- I've never messed with anything besides wheels and suspension. Engine is stock and has always been stock.

I have service records and receipts on parts I replaced myself.

Notable maintenance includes:

- Rod Bearings replaced with OE bearings at 99K miles. There was some uncertainty about aftermarket options at the time so I stayed conservative. They will need to replaced again at some point.
- VANOS refreshed with the standard Beisen repair kits at 99K miles.
- Subframe reinforced top and bottom by Lang Racing with their custom repair kit, also at 99K miles (All of the Big 3 items were done all at once by Lang)
- Entire cooling system has been replaced (piecemeal) except the expansion tank. The T-stat was also replaced but seems to have died again after about 4 years. Regardless, the cooling system should be good for a while.
- Almost every bushing and the front control arms have been replaced. The suspension is in great shape.
- Power steering lines have been replaced.

All in all, this is a great car for someone looking to get into a good looking E46 M3 with lower (but not low) mileage for less than crazy money. The cosmetic condition is good and can be improved further if so desired. The car needs nothing so the new owner and just get in and drive. I'm confident it could make it across the country if needed.

Price:

EDIT: This car is sold. Thank you to everyone who expressed interest.

Attached Images

Last edited by JustAWhisper; 07-22-2022 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 01:41 AM   #2
jdmwol2ks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: grey

Where is the car located? Still a clean title even with accident?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 11:05 PM   #3
JustAWhisper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 M3, 2018 M2

Oh yes, the car has a clean title. The total cost to repair was less than $3000. PM for specific location but I'm in Las Vegas area.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 11:18 AM   #4
itsrichierich
Moto Lover
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW S1000XR

Did this sell?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 07:38 PM   #5
JustAWhisper
Private
Rep