home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

04-10-2024, 10:58 AM   #1
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

2024 NHL Playoffs

Playoffs are about 10 days away or so. A few teams still vying for the final few spots, but a lot of teams locked in already.

I looked in on the thread from last year - Vegas had 0% of people voting them to win the Cup. ha Is this the year Edmonton "takes the next step?" Colorado back on top? NYR 30 year anniversary of their Cup run results in another Cup? Carolina out in the semis AGAIN? Lots of intriguing story lines this year.
      04-10-2024, 11:03 AM   #2
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

And why don't they have the "e" in the standings anymore when a team is mathematically eliminated? Silly.

So, in the East, you have NYI and WAS in the final two spots, with PIT, DET, PHI still alive.
In the West, it looks much more locked up, but technically, LAK and VGK in the last two spots with STL the only team mathematically alive.
      04-10-2024, 11:19 AM   #3
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 X40i M Sport

Hoping Rangers win the cup. Been 30 years now. They have all the tools to make it happen. But I would be happy if Panthers won their first one as well after last years run reminded me of their 96 run and how Vanbiesbrouck carried the team to the finals.
Appreciate 2
DocL1927.00
cotmfk2039.00
      04-10-2024, 12:42 PM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

'king guys
      04-11-2024, 10:21 AM   #5
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREKER View Post
Hoping Rangers win the cup. Been 30 years now. They have all the tools to make it happen. But I would be happy if Panthers won their first one as well after last years run reminded me of their 96 run and how Vanbiesbrouck carried the team to the finals.
Yeah, we'll see on the Panthers - they were already behind in the series with the VGK, but when they lost Tkachuk - who was having one of the most clutch postseasons in a long, long time - their chances of winning ended. I like their game - they can play fast, they can play tough, and they have goaltending. So, they have a good shot.

From a friend who is a huge VGK fan, he doesn't think they have what it takes to repeat this year - injuries, etc., so it should be a fairly wide open West. Will be fun to watch.

As for NYR - Laviolette seems to have his best season with a team be his first season, so NYR should do all they can to take it all the way this year. But, for some reason, I don't think it will be them, even though they have a solid line-up and one of the best goalie tandems possible.... I think I am just biased against Lviolette though.
      04-11-2024, 02:50 PM   #6
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Pens playoffs are right now. Can't believe we're even in the mix for as bad as the season has been. 10 days ago, their chances of making playoffs were 1.8%. Tonight will be the test, as all 4 battling teams are playing.

Honestly, if the Pens do make the playoffs, Sid 100% deserves MVP for carrying this POS team on his back.

Like the Canes in the east. Like Canucks in the west. Tocchet knows how to win...I say it's their year (to riot).
      04-11-2024, 10:50 PM   #7
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Oh boohoo 30 years?

57 years and counting…
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 08:31 AM   #8
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Oh boohoo 30 years?

57 years and counting…
Yea..... I got nothing for you there... Maybe they should move the cup out of Toronto.

Love the Leafs TBH.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 11:35 AM   #9
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Pens playoffs are right now. Can't believe we're even in the mix for as bad as the season has been. 10 days ago, their chances of making playoffs were 1.8%. Tonight will be the test, as all 4 battling teams are playing.

Honestly, if the Pens do make the playoffs, Sid 100% deserves MVP for carrying this POS team on his back.

Like the Canes in the east. Like Canucks in the west. Tocchet knows how to win...I say it's their year (to riot).
Anything to stop Ovechkin from scoring goals! Go penguinos
Appreciate 1
ShopVac4046.00
      04-12-2024, 12:19 PM   #10
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Let’s go Rangers
Appreciate 1
TREKER63.00
      04-12-2024, 12:38 PM   #11
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
Let’s go Rangers
Those turds couldn't even beat the islanders the other day. This team serves me no purpose.
      04-12-2024, 08:55 PM   #12
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Those turds couldn't even beat the islanders the other day. This team serves me no purpose.
I can see you’re a real expert. They have the most points in the league. Speaking of turds your comment reminded me if one
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 10:03 AM   #13
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I can see you’re a real expert. They have the most points in the league. Speaking of turds your comment reminded me if one
Wow...that got personal real quick like. Guess by being a Pens fan, and watching considerable more playoff hockey than any Ranger fan, that would entitle me as an expert, at least you can see that.

Cant expect me to like the Rangers. Been a hater since St.Louis' mom died and the team rallied around it, crushing our hopes and dreams that season. Two years ago just added to that fuel, in game 7 OT none the less. Can even go back to the Adam Graves slash on Lemieux, if we need to drop back some years. Just saying that hate would have dropped a notch if they could have knocked the Islanders down the other day. Sheesh

EDIT: Your team has the chance to make me a believer again tonight...

Last edited by ShopVac; 04-13-2024 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 03:55 PM   #14
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow...that got personal real quick like. Guess by being a Pens fan, and watching considerable more playoff hockey than any Ranger fan, that would entitle me as an expert, at least you can see that.

Cant expect me to like the Rangers. Been a hater since St.Louis' mom died and the team rallied around it, crushing our hopes and dreams that season. Two years ago just added to that fuel, in game 7 OT none the less. Can even go back to the Adam Graves slash on Lemieux, if we need to drop back some years. Just saying that hate would have dropped a notch if they could have knocked the Islanders down the other day. Sheesh

EDIT: Your team has the chance to make me a believer again tonight...
I don’t care what u think, I just responded to a childish comment
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 08:36 AM   #15
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

What a game between Caps/Bruins last night! Tons of intensity. The score was not indicative of the action, as both teams had a few sick saves and a few empty net misses.

NYR clinch President's Trophy...
      04-16-2024, 08:43 AM   #16
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

West is now locked up, East - 4 teams vying for that final spot. The maths gets tough for some of these teams. Like Philly has to win in reggo (and get additional help), so you may see Philly pull the goalie with a few minutes left in the game if they are tied...
      04-16-2024, 08:44 AM   #17
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep

Rangers have a real good shot if they stay healthy. They certainly have the talent the grit, and the goaltending. Congrats the Rangers. Would love to see a Rangers Dallas Fina.l Or even a rematch of '94 against Canucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 10:23 AM   #18
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Go Avs!

Although their last 10 record of 3-5-2 is not comforting going into the playoffs.
      Yesterday, 07:30 AM   #19
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Rangers have a real good shot if they stay healthy. They certainly have the talent the grit, and the goaltending. Congrats the Rangers. Would love to see a Rangers Dallas Fina.l Or even a rematch of '94 against Canucks.
I could see it. Vancouver is a good team this year. They have a shot at getting there. West is wild - I can see a lot of the 8 teams making it.

Rangers - President's Trophy "curse..." means I don't think they will make it. It's easy to say it would be Florida then, since they were there last year. But, really, I don't know who it will be. Maybe it's the Maple Leaf's year.....LOOLLLLLL
      Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #20
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Caps-Flyers yesterday was wild. Caps go into turtle mode up 1-0... of course Philly was going to get one so that it would be tied late and they have to pull the goalie. It was fun to watch the spectacle. And I don't blame Torts for pulling the goalie. I would have told my staff that I don't want to know what's going on with the DET/MTL game. Plus, who is to say that the Caps wouldn't have scored in the last 3 minutes of 5v5 or in O/T or won in Shootout....

Anyways, it's time for the games to ramp up in intensity!
      Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #21
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I could see it. Vancouver is a good team this year. They have a shot at getting there. West is wild - I can see a lot of the 8 teams making it.

Rangers - President's Trophy "curse..." means I don't think they will make it. It's easy to say it would be Florida then, since they were there last year. But, really, I don't know who it will be. Maybe it's the Maple Leaf's year.....LOOLLLLLL
Ranger won Presidents trophy in 94 also.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #22
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Go Leafs Go!
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0