home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

11-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
Bolly
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 125D F20

125D 2013 Noise

Recently purchased a 125d 2013 Msport and been loving it.

had a listen out for all the usual noises on these things you might want to listen for and it had a great history of 10k miles or less on it before each MOT/Service

but ive noticed (and even noticed on the test drive but it went away after it got warm) that when you start to accelerate either in low RPMs or just before it reaches 2k RPM this short Groan noise happens. Like a quick half second to a second grunt or groan that sort of reverberates into the cabin from the front of the car, i assume the engine bay.

when really cold and just set off after letting it warm for a minute or so in almost every gear in between 1k and 2k RPM it does this groan as you accelerate but not after 2K RPM. and only in-between that RPM. its most noticeable and most recreateable at 1800 RPM while accelerating its happens every time in every gear even 6th. short wurring or groaning noise then fine, change gear 1800RPM or there abouts GRRR again.

obviously the lower the Revs the noise will be from the engine trying to get power at such low RPM but its weird for it to happen in 3rd gear at 1800 RPM?

so the question is does anyone know what i might be and should i be worried?

after the car is warm its a looooot less noticeable if there at all, the only noise becomes the load noise at 900 RPM from being too low in the rev range.
Appreciate 0