Drives: '06 titanium 330XI

graduation gift for me im 18 go to upenn
      12-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #24
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Haha Thanks man, I try to take care of it as much as I can.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #25
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLion
thats how i felt when my parents bought me my first car.....after totaling the last one they gave me
HAHAHA LOL. Thats so worng, how many cars have your parents bought for you'????
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #26
bsavic
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: (sold) e90 328xi

Yep, it's the wonder of the North American financial system (Lease ) that an 18 y/o such as myself can afford a e90 with just a part-time sales job and a few savings. Pretty much everything is more expensive back home (Europe) not to mention that the jobs are much harder to come by, especially for non-university graduates. Come to think of it, I did need to use my parents credit as co-signors to get approved, but still...

At my school here in Montreal, there exist 2 groups: A) Civics & Elantras, 5-10 years old, bought with the students' savings. B) Mercs and Acuras, leased, under the students' parents' company (tax deductions).

Other than myself, I have yet to meet anyone that bought their own (semi-decent) car here, it's tough being a student :mad:! I have massive for people my age that even pay their own gas and insurance, even if their parents bought them the car. But I wouldn't hold it against someone if it was a gift - as long as they don't pretend it was their doing. After all, I would have taken it!

So to you guys who got the car as gift, and obviously respect that (you're here after all): , and to those of you who bought your own:

Savic
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #27
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Yeah except a Mazda RX-8 isn't a luxury car lol.
Exactly, are the #1, #2, #7, #10 really Lux cars?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #28
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

Pretty Solid list, I wouldn't mind having anyone of them except for the C Class and H3.

335i and G35 on top of the list, S40 nice all around cheap too, and the RX-8 wish they would either A. improve the rotary (MPG, TQ, and checking the oil every 5 minutes.) or get rid of it all together.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #29
TommyBahama
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

the rx-8 has more in common with STI and evo than the other cars on the list.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #30
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavic
Yep, it's the wonder of the North American financial system (Lease ) that an 18 y/o such as myself can afford a e90 with just a part-time sales job and a few savings. Pretty much everything is more expensive back home (Europe) not to mention that the jobs are much harder to come by, especially for non-university graduates. Come to think of it, I did need to use my parents credit as co-signors to get approved, but still...

At my school here in Montreal, there exist 2 groups: A) Civics & Elantras, 5-10 years old, bought with the students' savings. B) Mercs and Acuras, leased, under the students' parents' company (tax deductions).

Other than myself, I have yet to meet anyone that bought their own (semi-decent) car here, it's tough being a student :mad:! I have massive for people my age that even pay their own gas and insurance, even if their parents bought them the car. But I wouldn't hold it against someone if it was a gift - as long as they don't pretend it was their doing. After all, I would have taken it!

So to you guys who got the car as gift, and obviously respect that (you're here after all): , and to those of you who bought your own:

Savic
DULE SAVIC!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #31
dmitri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

My parents buying my car in college was definitely a smarter decision then buying me a cheaper economy car because:

Im 20, so this is definitely the last car im getting. I have warranty for 3 yrs plus extended - this car wil last until i can afford my own.

Why would my parents buy me a shitty rice burner? Bad quality, bad return if we try to sell. My GF has a 2002 RSX and in her senior year in college its falling apart!

Last edited by dmitri; 12-13-2006 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #32
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri
My parents buying my car in college was definitely a smarter decision then buying me a cheaper economy car because:

Im 20, so this is definitely the last car im getting. I have warranty for 3 yrs plus extended - this car wil last until i can afford my own.

Why would my parents buy me a shitty rice burner? Bad quality, bad return on investment if we try to sell. My GF has a 2002 RSX and in her senior year in college its falling apart!
You're the first person calling an Acura a bad quality and not holding the price... As for the ROI -- the car should not be considered as an investment...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #33
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
No car is a good "investment". And I'm sure if you got a Honda/Acura, it wouldn't be falling apart in 5-10 yrs depending on how u drive/maintenance. I honestly think a BMW will have more problems after 10 yrs than a Honda. Like stupid minor electrical problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #34
krazykanuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 IS300

Garage List
2004 IS300  [0.00]
2004 IS300  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavic

Savic
Very nicely written. Also it is slightly different in Canada, or at least where I lived (Manitoba), most kids drove old cars. But then Montreal is on the whole a wealthier city than Winnipeg.

I didn't pay for my car, not upkeep and I am certainly glad for that but do have more respect for those that have a job or us savings from a job to pay for their cars. Its something I can't say about myself.

At my school, BMWs are the most popular entry lux cars. There are more E90s and E46s than Lexus, Acura, and MB combined. I think that has a lot to do with the thing they can say they drive a BMW. It still has more brand name than the others which is, IMO, why so many 3ers are sold. They are great cars, but most of the buyers don't even see what makes them great, they just see the BMW roundel.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #35
dmitri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

my GFs rsx is falling apart after 4 years. Shitty japanese tin foil, noisy drivetrain, shitty trim and interior rattles.