11-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
M3ichael
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW ///M3 DCT

Downsides of having an ///M3.

#1 Car draws attention, good and bad.
2. Tires for 19" rims are a little pricey, but the price you have to pay to play.
3. Knowing more than your service advisor. (some of them)
4. Tailgaters when your waiting for a light (three times today, one even turned on his hi-beems)
5. Tailgaters in the fast lane, (Its a good thing sometimes) let them pass there paving the way for cops, or just go faster which sometimes leads to road rage by the other guy.
6. Everyone and their brother wants to race, from tucks, to vans to riced out hondas of course.
7. People just wanting to get in front just to cut me off.
8. Parking close to your car when your already parked in BFE (Bum Fucked Egypt) and you two are the only two out there. *Jealousy love it.*
9. Not letting you merge over, into or whatever.
10. Having shopping carts around the car when I'm already parked you guessed it in BFE. How they got there??? The cart ferries my guess.
11. When meeting new people anywhere and they find out you or me drives a nice ///M3 they treat you different. TESTED: Had a friend say it was his and not mine hmm intresting results for him. Now tell most people I drive a honda civic just so I know it's really them.

Now granted I like to drive fast on road, I'm not the bob and weave kinda of guy. If there is row of cars in the fast lane and other lanes there is no point, where usually going faster than the speed limit.

The fact of the matter is people don't like to see other people succeed.
Thats my point of view.
If you have a BMW please post some more if you have any.
If you own a BMW congrats and "may the force be with you" your going to need it one way or the other.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
replicat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 40MPG

Everything you say +1...328742378468732647823!

Especially that people don't like it when your successful...especially at a young age.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
m3griff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0Si

* You can't just get in an M3 and take a relaxing "cruise" - it is too much fun and too involving. I can just get in my wife's Lexus, turn on the stereo and simply drive somewhere - feeling relaxed. In the M3, I end up taking routes that give me chances to blast out of a corner, etc.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3griff View Post
* You can't just get in an M3 and take a relaxing "cruise" - it is too much fun and too involving. I can just get in my wife's Lexus, turn on the stereo and simply drive somewhere - feeling relaxed. In the M3, I end up taking routes that give me chances to blast out of a corner, etc.

Jeff
+1.
but pretty hard to find the place like that
Appreciate 0