BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

01-24-2024, 09:46 AM   #1
exflat6
Rep
Drives: Hyundai Veloster N

Another Catless Header Question

Hi all, been a lurker here for a while as I am looking into pulling the trigger on a E46 M3 soon. I have yet to find a clear answer about this but I found an E46 that has Active Autowerke catless headers but stock section 1 and 2. The car will be registered in the Phoenix metropolitan area and I was wondering if I would have any trouble registering the car here. The owner does not have the stock exhaust at all.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 05:01 PM   #2
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by exflat6 View Post
Hi all, been a lurker here for a while as I am looking into pulling the trigger on a E46 M3 soon. I have yet to find a clear answer about this but I found an E46 that has Active Autowerke catless headers but stock section 1 and 2. The car will be registered in the Phoenix metropolitan area and I was wondering if I would have any trouble registering the car here. The owner does not have the stock exhaust at all.

Thanks!
Registering should be fine, but as we're not from the area, we did a quick search to see that Phoenix does still conduct emissions testing, so when you do eventually need to get tested, you will need to pass. As such, you will either need to purchase a euro catted section 1 or install some generic cats in your current section 1 and have o2 sensor bungs added post-cat.

However, if the previous owner already eliminated the o2 sensor errors via a tune, then you should pass as long as the software was updated with the correct properties.