BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-20-2022, 07:21 PM   #463
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
C7 and prior corvettes always had supercar performance but just shy of being an actual supercar.

The C8Z is a supercar in the sense that now, it has the exotic noise, the proper layout, the proper performance, and of course the bespoke engine. Had they stuffed the same LT4 or even an LT5 into the C8Z, it wouldn't have made the car this special.

The LT6 changed everything.

I sat in the C8, it's tighter than my C7Z. But i'll manage since the incoming z06 is so much more car than the outgoing.

The ciocca (kerbeck) team is a joke. They want like 5k deposit, then i heard they want another 4k when it's time to order. And they're not even offering MSRP? LOL I'm going with macmulkin for this z06.
You have the Ciocca facts wrong. They ARE selling them at MSRP. How many deposits they took was crazy & they were not prepared for the demand. Stop getting your news from the source that gave you that bad info on Ciocca.

Anyway, it was $2k deposit to get on then after they closed the list they wanted another $3k to stay on it. It has always been selling the Z at MSRP and you have to put at least 10% down of whatever your MSRP is at the time of order. The extra $3k was the only surprise. I agree that was bs, but whatever.

So if my MSRP is $120k, I owe them another $7k at time of order. I see no issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 07:29 PM   #464
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
You have the Ciocca facts wrong. They ARE selling them at MSRP. How many deposits they took was crazy & they were not prepared for the demand. Stop getting your news from the source that gave you that bad info on Ciocca.

Anyway, it was $2k deposit to get on then after they closed the list they wanted another $3k to stay on it. It has always been selling the Z at MSRP and you have to put at least 10% down of whatever your MSRP is at the time of order. The extra $3k was the only surprise. I agree that was bs, but whatever.

So if my MSRP is $120k, I owe them another $7k at time of order. I see no issue.

They must've changed their tune then.

When i inquired last summer about the C8 stingray, before i put an order for the M3C, and after they told me about the 12-18 month wait just for the stingray alone, i asked them about the z06 and they said, their list is soo long and people will drop out because of the markups.

The dude actually admitted that to me. I know GM sent a warning to all dealerships basically threatening dealers who will mark the car up that their allocations would be seized. So maybe they are selling at MSRP.

It doesn't matter as i put my deposit with macmulkin in fall of 2019. So way ahead of everyone else.

It's just a shame because i got my C7Z from kerbeck and even thought their sales team was a bit shitty, they gave me an awesome deal on the car. So i figured it's close to my house vs macmulkin, i could've gone there. But the rumors of 20+k markups early on, forced me to put my deposit with macmulkin.

Btw the C8Z MSRP will not be 120k lol.

It'll be at 100 or less.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-20-2022, 08:13 PM   #465
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Great!

Supply the link.

Thanks in advance.

The C8 while being a fantastic value, the C8 is marketing at its finest.

Why is this even being argued?

I've already supplied the source showing its one of the worst cars produced to date and ranks a whopping 13 out of 100 and has multiple reported major malfunctions.

Tesla model 3 quality > C8 quality......... that's saying something.
I gave you the link. You can find it. When you do, it makes it just that more valid for you.

Regarding marketing, outside of a few magazine ads, I can't ever recall in the last 30 years or more a TV commercial from Chevrolet about the Corvette. The car has always had good-to-excellent performance numbers since the 1960's and has been raced and won extensively for 60 years. Odd your position is, against literally the entire automotive industry and history.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 02-21-2022 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 08:13 PM   #466
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
I'm just sitting here waiting for my ZR1 allocation. Wonder if they'll put this flat plane in there with some spoolers or if its just the flat plane with some hybrid shit up front? Has anyone figured that one out.

Bimmersandmopars - How do you like driving that? I'm looking for one to send to the Calvo boys. Have you ever been in one of those monstrosities? I only had seat time in a Gen IV and it was wonderful. I liked it a lot more than my C7Z and C6Z.
Now you're my kind of guy!

The ZR1 will be a fantastic mic-drop and I expect the body design to be truly next level making the Z06 look like a basic body kit. I'd guess we see 750hp boosted as minimum.

Never been in a Calvo build, but based on their reputation they go all in.

I mean the record right now is a 3000hp build running a 6.7sec 1/4....

I.mean those boosted and stroked V10s are such a POS it embarrasses the UGR Lambos on the regular.

As a driver friendly car. The Gen V truly is a great all around driver daily or track. I've always been a straight line guy, but the abilities of the Gen V Viper truly are powerful in the right hands. This was my first NA powered car in nearly 20yrs and honestly the V10 is just a piece of American racing history.

The thing that was interesting is the last ring time the GTS-R had they would've gone below a 7min lap (they did 7:01) except they had a tire issue. For a non boosted car it's absolutely a piece of art.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 09:10 PM   #467
Crazyprac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Golf R & Evo 9

I don't know where you are getting your info. Even after Ciocca bought the dealership they maintained MSRP for their Z06 when asked (you can contact Dave directly) before they opened up their list. I am on both list as MM did start a list earlier. I'm in similar spots on both list so whichever I can get first I'll go with that. I'll prefer Ciocca as it's closer but both dealerships are great.

Quote:

When i inquired last summer about the C8 stingray, before i put an order for the M3C, and after they told me about the 12-18 month wait just for the stingray alone, i asked them about the z06 and they said, their list is soo long and people will drop out because of the markups.

The dude actually admitted that to me. I know GM sent a warning to all dealerships basically threatening dealers who will mark the car up that their allocations would be seized. So maybe they are selling at MSRP.

It doesn't matter as i put my deposit with macmulkin in fall of 2019. So way ahead of everyone else.

It's just a shame because i got my C7Z from kerbeck and even thought their sales team was a bit shitty, they gave me an awesome deal on the car. So i figured it's close to my house vs macmulkin, i could've gone there. But the rumors of 20+k markups early on, forced me to put my deposit with macmulkin.

It'll be at 100 or less.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-20-2022, 10:18 PM   #468
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyprac View Post
I don't know where you are getting your info. Even after Ciocca bought the dealership they maintained MSRP for their Z06 when asked (you can contact Dave directly) before they opened up their list. I am on both list as MM did start a list earlier. I'm in similar spots on both list so whichever I can get first I'll go with that. I'll prefer Ciocca as it's closer but both dealerships are great.

Quote:

It'll be at 100 or less.
I have 3 deposits down. I don't believe MSRP will be offered. We shall see I guess. Sounds like way over will be the asking point. Dealers can say what they want before hand. But they are all scumbags🤣😉
Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
DrFerry6728.50
      02-21-2022, 12:44 AM   #469
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
I have 3 deposits down. I don't believe MSRP will be offered. We shall see I guess. Sounds like way over will be the asking point. Dealers can say what they want before hand. But they are all scumbags🤣😉
With what dealers? There are a couple dealers on corvette forums that are known to be msrp only dealers. Their lists are mile long by now.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      02-21-2022, 12:50 AM   #470
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

It'll be at 100 or less.
I think it will be less than $90k msrp.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      02-21-2022, 04:23 AM   #471
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
I think it will be less than $90k msrp.

It should be following the typical GM formula they used for each generation. Even if you take into account inflation, should be around 90-92.

Bargain of a lifetime.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17313.50
DrFerry6728.50
      02-21-2022, 07:16 AM   #472
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Quote:
With what dealers? There are a couple dealers on corvette forums that are known to be msrp only dealers. Their lists are mile long by now.
1 in Jersey, 1 in Florida and 1 in Kansas. 🤣. I'm not expecting MSRP. I understand dealers saying MSRP but I think when it comes time to actually sell them, shit may change. We will see in 2025 when they come out. Lol🤣😉
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 02:02 PM   #473
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post

I.mean those boosted and stroked V10s are such a POS it embarrasses the UGR Lambos on the regular.
well the calvo viper has like what 9.0L vs the lambo 5.2 ? There is no replacement for displacement.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 06:18 PM   #474
Crazyprac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Golf R & Evo 9

Quote:
1 in Jersey, 1 in Florida and 1 in Kansas. 🤣. I'm not expecting MSRP. I understand dealers saying MSRP but I think when it comes time to actually sell them, shit may change. We will see in 2025 when they come out. Lol🤣😉
MM and Ciocca (formerly Kerbeck) built their reputation with selling the most Vettes at MSRP - that's why people lined up to both of them into the thousands. The Z06 is an attainable car which GM will pump out as many as they can as they have said multiple times with the expected price delta similar to prior gen. If your dealership charges ADM, either pay up or ignore them and just wait. This car isn't a Porsche lol.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #475
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
1 in Jersey, 1 in Florida and 1 in Kansas. ��. I'm not expecting MSRP. I understand dealers saying MSRP but I think when it comes time to actually sell them, shit may change. We will see in 2025 when they come out. Lol����
At least macmulkin put in writing "to be sold at MSRP". I wonder if ciocca started doing that. I stopped checking/caring so i don't know if they changed their tune.

Even if it's 10k over will still be a bargain of a lifetime.

670hp and a screaming V8 that sounds better than a ferrari for under 100k? Everyone is going to do whatever it takes to get this car.

Most desired car of all time IMHO. At least when talking about a "regular" mass produced car.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-21-2022, 08:41 PM   #476
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
well the calvo viper has like what 9.0L vs the lambo 5.2 ? There is no replacement for displacement.
Lol.

When making the comparison I'm talking 6 figure aftermarket builds. Such as UGR who will easily make a Huracon do 2k hp.

But like you said big power displacements are hard to replace.

The MC20 with 640hp V6 has really impressive potential in its design for its small platform.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 05:49 PM   #477
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
It's habbening..
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 3
      02-22-2022, 07:22 PM   #478
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
At least macmulkin put in writing "to be sold at MSRP". I wonder if ciocca started doing that. I stopped checking/caring so i don't know if they changed their tune.

Even if it's 10k over will still be a bargain of a lifetime.

670hp and a screaming V8 that sounds better than a ferrari for under 100k? Everyone is going to do whatever it takes to get this car.

Most desired car of all time IMHO. At least when talking about a "regular" mass produced car.
It's in writing with Ciocca too.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      02-22-2022, 07:25 PM   #479
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

I
Quote:

It'll be at 100 or less.
I meant my MSRP after I add my options. I am not buying a stripper.

GM has said they will be following their formula on the price so that means it'll be about $25k more than the base C8. Options is where they make their money
Appreciate 3
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
DrFerry6728.50
Cos270608.50
      02-22-2022, 07:57 PM   #480
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
It's habbening..

The crazy part of these z06's going on their "tour" is a lot of these cold start ups are with the exhaust in "touring" which means if left in sport, it is MUCH louder.

Which is insane lol. It's crazy to think this was allowable in this day in age where sound is almost bad. And yet GM managed to get this car approved with how loud it is. Cold start up, idle, and acceleration.

I fucking can't wait to get mine!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
Red Bread4463.00
      02-22-2022, 11:10 PM   #481
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
The crazy part of these z06's going on their "tour" is a lot of these cold start ups are with the exhaust in "touring" which means if left in sport, it is MUCH louder.

Which is insane lol. It's crazy to think this was allowable in this day in age where sound is almost bad. And yet GM managed to get this car approved with how loud it is. Cold start up, idle, and acceleration.

I fucking can't wait to get mine!!!!!!
Unless I put it on "stealth", my exhaust in the 1LE is always fully open on start, so it usually "explodes" to life every time. It's kind of fun to do, but I expect the exhaust here is probably similar? There is a fuse I can pull that basically just leaves it open all the time, as in Track mode it still closes two of the valves below like 1500rpm or something. That created fits for the dealer when I was getting my rear-diff upgraded for autoX programming, it's a non-light code and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from.
      02-23-2022, 09:11 AM   #482
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

The C8 has a My Mode and a V Mode just like the Blackwings do. Both of these modes allow you to adjust the exhaust volume. V mode can be pressed before the car starts up like the M buttons and the car will automatically startup in My Mode if you shut the car down in that mode.

So while I'm not saying the exhaust can't get louder, there is a possibility that it is already in its loudest setting for that video.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 05:52 PM   #483
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Unless I put it on "stealth", my exhaust in the 1LE is always fully open on start, so it usually "explodes" to life every time. It's kind of fun to do, but I expect the exhaust here is probably similar? There is a fuse I can pull that basically just leaves it open all the time, as in Track mode it still closes two of the valves below like 1500rpm or something. That created fits for the dealer when I was getting my rear-diff upgraded for autoX programming, it's a non-light code and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from.
It's been proven that even if our exhausts are in "track", they are not fully open. The only way to have the exhaust fully open is to get rid of the NPP exhaust.

Whenever i'm done driving the C7Z, i put the exhaust to stealth because usually i'll forget to the next time i drive the car. And lately i been driving the car pretty early weekend mornings so i can enjoy the roads with no traffic and even with the exhaust in stealth, that first "spit" of the exhaust is still VERY loud. Then again i do have my secondary cats removed.

The car absolutely screams in track though. Especially with the auto rev matching. The downshifts are brutal. Love doing that in tunnels or when i'm approaching an overpass lol.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-24-2022, 08:25 AM   #484
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Is it me or does this car look kind of homely with the all out aero package? Looks like something out of a Transformers movie. I kind of feel the simpler look of the regular C8 looks much better.
Appreciate 0