BMW E46 M3 - Legend Eternal
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Closed Thread

10-08-2021, 04:11 PM   #45
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
What about those that haven't had Covid yet? Better to avoid the vax and catch Covid for the natural immunity advantages you describe above, or vax up and go that route? This is an academic question, I'm in the Moderna tribe, but your information is interesting and illuminating.
Not necessarily. If you are in good health, health conscious, and eat with a purpose, then you may be OK not getting the vaccine. I don't know many people that do those things and they would be at an increased risk for having difficulties from COVID. In most situations, getting the vaccine would pose less risk than getting COVID. The Delta strain was devastating to our small community. We lost people aged 53, 50, 46, and 36 years old and they appeared to be in good health. They were not. That is why I really advise to look into food sensitivities and eat more alkaline foods.

I would not recommend the vaccine to women of child bearing age at the present time. I recommend Pfizer or Moderna for those getting vaccinated.

Last edited by Kick 6; 10-08-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
704g30101.50
      10-08-2021, 04:11 PM   #46
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

What are your thoughts on fully vaccinated hospitalizations? In my state of MA aprox. 1/3 of covid patients in hospital are fully vaxed. We have very high vaccinated rates, here. In the Republic of Ireland, 30% of ICU patients are fully vaccinated, as of today. These numbers seem very high to me, but no one's talking about them.

Very interesting you talk about fresh air and being outside--WHY isn't the CDC telling us this?

From RTE--

"To keep yourself and your family safe please continue to regularly wash your hands, wear a mask when appropriate, open windows and ventilate indoor spaces, and choose outdoors where possible for meeting others." --RoI DoH
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #47
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
What are your thoughts on fully vaccinated hospitalizations? In my state of MA aprox. 1/3 of covid patients in hospital are fully vaxed. We have very high vaccinated rates, here. In the Republic of Ireland, 30% of ICU patients are fully vaccinated, as of today. These numbers seem very high to me, but no one's talking about them.

Very interesting you talk about fresh air and being outside--WHY isn't the CDC telling us this?

From RTE--

"To keep yourself and your family safe please continue to regularly wash your hands, wear a mask when appropriate, open windows and ventilate indoor spaces, and choose outdoors where possible for meeting others." --RoI DoH
Fully vaccinated hospitalizations will continue to increase. The virus will mutate to increase cell entry and because of the virus' long latency period, the vaccine won't have much of an effect on decreasing infection rates. Once the spike proteins change, the vaccine will be similar to the influenza vaccine where they try to guess what mutations are coming. The most effective influenza vaccine the last five years was 49% effective.

The vaccine will give you a huge jump start in IgG and IgA production compared to someone who is not vaccinated and has never had COVID. That is why the vaccine reduces hospitalizations and deaths so much more than being unvaccinated. The viral load goes up so fast in unvaccinated people that some have a difficult time keeping up with fucosylated antibody production.

Everyone will eventually get COVID. You will die or you will live. Controlling your environment of what you eat and do will play a big part on how you handle the virus. Oxidative stress levels must be kept at a minimum.
Appreciate 5
Patton2502936.50
Chapperss488.50
3PedalJake2613.50
scostu1619.50
      10-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #48
Chapperss
I only ride park
Rep
Drives: e93 335i Msport FBO 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post

Everyone will eventually get COVID. You will die or you will live. Controlling your environment of what you eat and do will play a big part on how you handle the virus. Oxidative stress levels must be kept at a minimum.
Avoided commenting on these topics for awhile now. But this sentence here is the real truth, as far as I am concerned, and it is sickening that all the governments aren't arming their citizens with this information!

Lose weight, eat right and get moving ppl.
Appreciate 6
Patton2502936.50
3PedalJake2613.50
scostu1619.50
Kick 6284.00
willin11161.50
      10-08-2021, 07:09 PM   #49
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperss View Post
Avoided commenting on these topics for awhile now. But this sentence here is the real truth, as far as I am concerned, and it is sickening that all the governments aren't arming their citizens with this information!

Lose weight, eat right and get moving ppl.
If you want to see a real growth industry take a look at all the dialysis centers being built. The elephant in the covid ward is how terrifyingly unhealthy the average person is, with 50% obesity rates and one in three with T2D to some degree, but nary a word from big brother about laying off the donuts and fries. That's because they started it all with the USDA "guidelines" in the 80s, designed by lobbyists to make us consume garbage commodities instead of real food, and we've been getting fatter and more unhealthy by the year ever since. The same ppl at risk from COVID are also at risk for everything else that comes along.
Appreciate 3
scostu1619.50
Kick 6284.00
Chapperss488.50
      10-08-2021, 07:21 PM   #50
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Not necessarily. If you are in good health, health conscious, and eat with a purpose, then you may be OK not getting the vaccine. I don't know many people that do those things and they would be at an increased risk for having difficulties from COVID. In most situations, getting the vaccine would pose less risk than getting COVID. The Delta strain was devastating to our small community. We lost people aged 53, 50, 46, and 36 years old and they appeared to be in good health. They were not. That is why I really advise to look into food sensitivities and eat more alkaline foods.
Is there an age component to your observations? Would there be a general age threshold above which a person's physiology would have a diminished ability to take advantage of the dietary approach you're describing?
      10-08-2021, 09:01 PM   #51
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Glad to see the comments on obesity. It's unbelievable.

I would like to see the COVID ICU patient census data for age, gender and BMI. Likely highly elevated age and BMI males.
Appreciate 3
scostu1619.50
3PedalJake2613.50
      10-08-2021, 09:02 PM   #52
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Thank you. Those statements are worth their weight in gold.

Disappointing and borderline malpractice that the worldwide medical community did little in the way of prophylactic measures to prevent major illness/deaths.

The idea of telling patients....go home take aspirin and if it gets worse...come back....we will admit you and put you on a ventilator is unconscionable.
Patton2502936.50
      10-08-2021, 10:29 PM   #53
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Thank you. Those statements are worth their weight in gold.

Disappointing and borderline malpractice that the worldwide medical community did little in the way of prophylactic measures to prevent major illness/deaths.

The idea of telling patients....go home take aspirin and if it gets worse...come back....we will admit you and put you on a ventilator is unconscionable.
Really? The real issue is that nobody listens, not today not 30 years ago!
Everyone wants to take a pill(s) and forget about the necessary lifestyle changes.
Trust me it's a losing battle.
And don't get me started on "Drinking and smoking is my God-given right!"
Smoking-related illness alone in the US is a $300+ billion taxpayer burden.

Back to the point of this post.
SARS-CoV-2 doesn't care about your age, underlying conditions, or how in or out of shape you are.
I've seen 90-year-olds with minor symptoms and 20-year-olds that are serious athletes die.
There's some yet to be determined element of the virus that impacts the severity of the illness. Clearly, the mutations have a significant impact but there's something else. A good guess would be the viral load but I'm not certain.
If you're not vaccinated you playing with fire.
Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e

Last edited by translux; 10-08-2021 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
vanguard8245.50
      10-09-2021, 12:30 AM   #54
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
Go on… after reading this thread that appears counter to medical expertise. Always interested in counter logic and I’m sure you’ve got it.
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      10-09-2021, 03:55 AM   #55
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Is there an age component to your observations? Would there be a general age threshold above which a person's physiology would have a diminished ability to take advantage of the dietary approach you're describing?
That is a very good but tough question and I don't know the answer. I would think it would vary. I'll use blood pressure as an example. We now see people in their late teens or early twenties having to take high blood pressure medication. We used to never see that. It is related to their environment and what they eat. These people would have lower redox capacity than other people their age but how would they compare to a 75 year old? They may still have more redox capacity than them, but that would be a guess.

The body can correct itself relatively quickly and it is never to late to start trying to be healthy. The bacteria in our GI tract is what make us healthy. Our microbiome is the key. Most people aren't like me as I got screwed over when I was 38 years old. Most have a gradual decline as they age.

Eating is part of the environmental factors that control our health but it is only one piece of the pie. Where you work, where you live, what you breathe, how much you exercise, the vaccines you get, there are many other environmental factors that help mold our health. Look at the health conditions of people that work in aluminum smelting plants. You can't breathe that stuff and expect to be healthy. Interior water damage causing mold growth is one I see often. Eating just happens to be the one we repeatedly do over and over.

I do think there is a point where eating and living a healthy lifestyle won't make you better but can maintain where you are. That's a long discussion for another thread and it is more speculation based on my thoughts than the research I've read.

Last edited by Kick 6; 10-09-2021 at 04:19 AM..
Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
3PedalJake2613.50
      10-09-2021, 04:03 AM   #56
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Glad to see the comments on obesity. It's unbelievable.

I would like to see the COVID ICU patient census data for age, gender and BMI. Likely highly elevated age and BMI males.
Before Delta, it was about 75% obese patients being hospitalized. Delta changed that and that percentage seems to be dropping. Obese people often have more redox issues but Delta is just getting anyone with redox issues. My personal opinion from the young people that I know that have died from Delta, they had other IgG issues from the foods they ate. They were not obese and appeared to have no major health issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 04:14 AM   #57
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Everyone wants to take a pill(s) and forget about the necessary lifestyle changes.

SARS-CoV-2 doesn't care about your age, underlying conditions, or how in or out of shape you are.
I've seen 90-year-olds with minor symptoms and 20-year-olds that are serious athletes die.
There's some yet to be determined element of the virus that impacts the severity of the illness. Clearly, the mutations have a significant impact but there's something else. A good guess would be the viral load but I'm not certain.
You bring up an interesting point and something I have witnessed that no one is talking about. Hard core athletes that CrossFit or people that train really hard along with long distance runners often have very high levels of oxidative stress. Oxygen debt can occur and when anaerobic metabolism starts, so does the increase in free radical production. That does not go well with COVID and they would be at increased risk for complications. Exercise is a good thing as it improves circulation, but there is a fine line between working out too much and not enough. I have actually stopped lifting weights until I can get a better grasp on what is going on. I would advise light to moderate workouts.
Appreciate 1
wdb4673.00
      10-09-2021, 05:31 AM   #58
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:

It always scares me when a citizen claims to be concerned about “taxpayer burden”. That’s how death panels are formed in countries that have socialized medicine. They prioritize healthcare benefits based on past behavior and the individuals importance to the collective at that particular time.

This virus absolutely cares about your age and underlying conditions. Those are the number one and two determining factors of those people that are in the highest death rate percentage. That’s a fact. Just because you can point to an outlier here and there and they are very rare doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of people who have died from this are above 80, were at end of life anyway and those who were extremely unhealthy. Those are facts. Please don’t attempt to come back and argue with that because I won’t engage you on that past this post. It’s difficult for me to take anyone seriously that can’t even admit those basic facts.
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      10-09-2021, 08:24 AM   #59
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Not disagreeing with you on that...........
      10-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #60
Wheelwright
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)

I have picked up 3 opinions here which run counter to prevailing medical advice:

1 The media never tells you about our eyes being a route of transmission but they are. Wearing glasses inside should help decrease transmission.

It appears to be based on one small study from China, which was not conclusive. But assuming it was: we are already warned not to rub our eyes, and not to stand close to somebody sneezing (presumably because it can get into the eyes). So if we do that, and also obey other safety protocols, how much extra protection can glasses really offer ?

2 At this time, my recommendation to my patients is to not get vaccinated if you already had COVID, but my recommendation may change if...

The prevailing medical consensus is that those patients should still get vaccinated. This will maximize their immune response with no downside, due to vaccines being safe, effective and widely available.

3 If you are in good health, health conscious, and eat with a purpose, then you may be OK not getting the vaccine.

This is also not what the experts are saying. But even assuming that the vast majority of healthy people will only undergo mild COVID, what about others in their vicinity whom they can infect ? (which is likely because many of them being asymptomatic may not even be aware they are the carriers).

Also this ignores the dangers of long COVID which is known to indiscriminately afflict young and healthy, even if they initially only had mild COVID cases.
Appreciate 4
translux478.00
minn1913970.00
Noneya251.50
vanguard8245.50
      10-09-2021, 09:30 AM   #61
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:

It always scares me when a citizen claims to be concerned about "taxpayer burden". That's how death panels are formed in countries that have socialized medicine. They prioritize healthcare benefits based on past behavior and the individuals importance to the collective at that particular time.

This virus absolutely cares about your age and underlying conditions. Those are the number one and two determining factors of those people that are in the highest death rate percentage. That's a fact. Just because you can point to an outlier here and there and they are very rare doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of people who have died from this are above 80, were at end of life anyway and those who were extremely unhealthy. Those are facts. Please don't attempt to come back and argue with that because I won't engage you on that past this post. It's difficult for me to take anyone seriously that can't even admit those basic facts.
Believe what you want but the fact is more people have died under the age of 74 than over 85. These are not outliers. See attached.
I also take issue with your casual & callus comment of "end of life anyway". These are human beings for gods sake!
Members of my nuclear and extended family routinely live comfortably are healthy and high functioning well into their late 90's.

I don't see how you conclude the idea of death panels from my statement about smoking and drinking.
To be clear there's some personal responsibility here. But the bulk of the burden should be the companies responsible.
Can you imagine manufacturing a product that has zero benefit that eventually kills all your customers all while profiting with no responsibility or accountability for this? I'm tired of seeing all my hard work go directly to the pockets of the 1%.
Attached Images

Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Noneya251.50
      10-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #62
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Believe what you want but the fact is more people have died under the age of 74 than over 85. These are not outliers. See attached.
I also take issue with your casual & callus comment of "end of life anyway". These are human beings for gods sake!
Members of my nuclear and extended family routinely live comfortably are healthy and high functioning well into their late 90's.

I don't see how you conclude the idea of death panels from my statement about smoking and drinking.
To be clear there's some personal responsibility here. But the bulk of the burden should be the companies responsible.
Can you imagine manufacturing a product that has zero benefit that eventually kills all your customers all while profiting with no responsibility or accountability for this? I'm tired of seeing all my hard work go directly to the pockets of the 1%.
Listen so far this thread has been pretty reasonable but don’t you dare ever try to shame me. It’s not my fault that in the beginning government was anxious to write off people who are in hospice and say they died of COVID-19. The vast vast vast vast majority of people who died in the beginning were at end of life and if you feel I don’t have compassion because I’m stating that as a fact then that’s your problem. Also the vast majority, not all but the vast majority of people young who died had underlying health conditions. Some were not even known about until after they passed. Enough of this freaking nonsense. If you want to live in fear by spewing BS Huffington post type statistics then you go ahead. I already know from your talking points what your political persuasion is so enough of this. Don’t you worry about the top one percent brother. They pay way more in taxes than the bottom 99% times 10. Can you imagine if you spent as much time trying to improve your life as you do whining about other people? You would’ve cured cancer by now. Have a blessed day.

Covid Survival Rate
0-14 survival is 99.9998%
15-44 survival is 99.9931%
45-64 survival is 99.9294%
65-85 survival is 99.6297%
Over 85 survival is 98.2499%
Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
DYoung32.00
      10-09-2021, 10:17 AM   #63
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:

Listen so far this thread has been pretty reasonable but don’t you dare ever try to shame me. It’s not my fault that in the beginning government was anxious to write off people who are in hospice and say they died of COVID-19. The vast vast vast vast majority of people who died in the beginning were at end of life and if you feel I don’t have compassion because I’m stating that as a fact then that’s your problem. Also the vast majority, not all but the vast majority of people young who died had underlying health conditions. Some were not even known about until after they passed. Enough of this freaking nonsense. If you want to live in fear by spewing BS Huffington post type statistics then you go ahead. I already know from your talking points what your political persuasion is so enough of this. Don’t you worry about the top one percent brother. They pay way more in taxes than the bottom 99% times 10. Can you imagine if you spent as much time trying to improve your life as you do whining about other people? You would’ve cured cancer by now. Have a blessed day.

Covid Survival Rate
0-14 survival is 99.9998%
15-44 survival is 99.9931%
45-64 survival is 99.9294%
65-85 survival is 99.6297%
Over 85 survival is 98.2499%
Wow you seem really frustrated. Stress is not good for you.
I assure you I've worked hard all my life, earn what I consider a great living and pay an eye watering amount of taxes.
I've employed a fairly large workforce for nearly 30 years and have always provided industry leading compensation & benefits for them and their families.
I take great pride in watching people grow with us over the years and realize the American dream.
All I'm asking for is an equal playing field.
Oh and as you guessed I'm a registered Republican.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      10-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #64
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wow you seem really frustrated. Stress is not good for you.
I assure you I've worked hard all my life, earn what I consider a great living and pay an eye watering amount of taxes.
I've employed a fairly large workforce for nearly 30 years and have always provided industry leading compensation & benefits for them and their families.
I take great pride in watching people grow with us over the years and realize the American dream.
All I'm asking for is an equal playing field.
Oh and as you guessed I'm a registered Republican.
Brother if I was any more relaxed I’d pass out. I have complete peace of mind. I am blessed and highly favored. I assure you of that. And if you are a Republican than I am a Scottish Lord.
Appreciate 1
704g30101.50
      10-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #65
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
"The experts" and "scientific consensus" once told us the Earth is flat and is orbited by the Sun.
Today it tells us to eat copious quantities of "healthy whole grains" (to the tune of 300gr glucose/day) and "heart healthy polyunsaturated oils" (oxidized industrially refined toxins that contribute directly to mitochondrial dysfunction).
It tells us to treat T2D, a condition characterized by hyperinsulinemia with,,, more insulin. Akin to treating an alcoholic with more booze.
One day current "medical consensus" will be viewed the same way we now think of casting spells and applying leeches.
I'm not saying to discount out of hand, but I also wouldn't put any degree of faith in anything solely because it's the consensus of "experts".
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      10-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #66
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
"The experts" and "scientific consensus" once told us the Earth is flat and is orbited by the Sun.
Today it tells us to eat copious quantities of "healthy whole grains" (to the tune of 300gr glucose/day) and "heart healthy polyunsaturated oils" (oxidized industrially refined toxins that contribute directly to mitochondrial dysfunction).
It tells us to treat T2D, a condition characterized by hyperinsulinemia with,,, more insulin. Akin to treating an alcoholic with more booze.
One day current "medical consensus" will be viewed the same way we now think of casting spells and applying leeches.
I'm not saying to discount out of hand, but I also wouldn't put any degree of faith in anything solely because it's the consensus of "experts".
You forgot about poor Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis whose ideas were ridiculed and rejected by his contemporaries and ultimately committed to an asylum for suggesting and proving that simply washing your hands before delivering babies reduced death rates considerably of mothers and babies. And this was not during the dark ages. We're talking mid 1800's!
All that being said we've come along way in a short period of time in determining fact from fiction in the medical world but nothing is 100%.
I look at it this way do I go with the Alex Jones of the world or the scientific community? I think that's an easy call.
Appreciate 2
3PedalJake2613.50
minn1913970.00
Closed Thread