Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Guys. Politics are not supposed to be discussed on this forum anymore. You will end up being banned most likely. You will also cause the thread to likely be locked. Worst case the OT section disappears like the politics section did. The mods do not want to spend their time dealing with left vs. right BS. Even if the facts prove something one way or another. It is a waste of their time. Look we all like talking about OT stuff and what is going on in the world. We need to respect the mods wishes and leave political discussion out of threads no matter how hard it may be. I got banned for 3m what I thought was a harmless comment but it was not received that way.

My suggestion is to leave politics out of anything in OT. It is only going hurt the sub and get users banned etc.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      10-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #46
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Don't be an idiot. This isn't about someone's thoughts. This is about someone's public behavior that has come back to bite him in his shorts. This is about being held accountable for stupidly putting one's ignorance on display for all to see. You can think anything you want to but when you put those thoughts into action - you will be found out and held accountable.

Also, it would be impure not unpure. Play around in the shallows before diving into the deep end next time.

You go as far back as someone's background/behavior indicates you should go. When that get's too hot, stay out of the kitchen.

The goal-post didn't get moved. Black-face was always ignorant. And, once again, it's "lose everything" not "loose everything". Pay attention to the misspelling indicator on your computer.
Thank God the grammar police have arrived!!! What would we do without them?

Your intellectual elitism on full display...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #47
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Great. Name me something that was completely acceptable 10 years ago that is now deemed unacceptable. Here's a quote from the NY Magazine that I find true. And no, everyone doesn't do this so don't lump "everyone" in with whoever you are familiar with.

"when Gruden sent emails calling NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a gay slur and deriding female referees, gay former player Michael Sam, and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith in racist terms. But had those emails come out back then, there probably would have been even less debate about his fate than there is now. An asshole ten years ago looks a lot like an asshole now." NYMagazine.

But go ahead and provide me something completely unacceptable today that was okay 10 years ago.
Ya kidding me, right?

OK 10 years ago/completely unacceptable today...

Uh, Ben Franklin statues?? Christopher Columbus statues? The phrase 'master bedroom"? Polish/Italian/blond jokes? Trans/gay/bi jokes? My body/my choice?

You haven't been paying attention, have you?
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-16-2021, 09:27 AM   #48
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Guys. Politics are not supposed to be discussed on this forum anymore. You will end up being banned most likely. You will also cause the thread to likely be locked. Worst case the OT section disappears like the politics section did. The mods do not want to spend their time dealing with left vs. right BS. Even if the facts prove something one way or another. It is a waste of their time. Look we all like talking about OT stuff and what is going on in the world. We need to respect the mods wishes and leave political discussion out of threads no matter how hard it may be. I got banned for 3m what I thought was a harmless comment but it was not received that way.

My suggestion is to leave politics out of anything in OT. It is only going hurt the sub and get users banned etc.
Of course I agree with you however this very subject line is incredibly and remarkably political. And I guarantee the OP (who I’ve blocked now) knew that when he posted it. In fact this very subject doesn’t get any more political. Right down the line. So it’s probably best if the moderators wipe out the whole thread all together as well as any thread thats started having to do with the horrific culture war our country finds itself in today.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #49
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

On a side note, this all seems very political. Gruden has clearly ruffled the wrong feathers over the years and got laid the hammer. I'd bet he's not the only guy to say unprofessional things over email, but the league is acting like everybody else in their email investigation has been a saint and only Gruden did wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #50
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
On a side note, this all seems very political. Gruden has clearly ruffled the wrong feathers over the years and got laid the hammer. I'd bet he's not the only guy to say unprofessional things over email, but the league is acting like everybody else in their email investigation has been a saint and only Gruden did wrong.
Saying his emails were unprofessional is incredibly subjective and massively hypocritical by 99.99999% of commentators.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:47 AM   #51
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Very obviously the NFL has some beef with the Raiders. Of all 650k emails/documents, there wasnt anything else that warranted disciplinary action?

Mark Davis should go through with the idea of suing of the NFL over this.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0