Technical Sections Engine / Transmission / Exhaust / Drivetrain

10-09-2023, 10:32 AM   #1
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

*New Product Launch* Valvetronic Designs E46 M3 Valved Sport Section 3*

The philosophy: As the dream of Valvetronic Designs has continued to expand we have been asked repeatedly to develop the ideal sound experience for the E46 M3 platform. We are excited to bring that perfect setup to you! The S54 has been loved for its responsiveness and its wicked induction noise witht eh right intake but has been shamed for its rather poor exhaust note. With this Section 3 + the right header setup the S54 sings. It was time for us to improve the sound of what is admittedly a very special engine.

The development: Our goal was to chase the F1 exotic sound that has become loved by so many enthusiasts. In the rear we found that combining the exhaust gases to a single 3 inch section improved scavenging and accentuated that F1 experience at the high RPMS. A large muffler casing was utilized to offer that ideal flexibility in order for you to pass tech at your favorite racetrack or keep those neighbors qualms at bay.

The sound: With the valves open this setup is very aggressive and raw. Many folks keep everything else stock and just run the backbox as it unlocks huge sound gains. Due to the muffler casing being present the sound is not overly raspy or obnoxious. Combined with a set of free flow headers this setup sings all the way to 8K. With the valves closed the sound is very reserved. Mimicking a Supersprint street level of sound.

We are very proud to better serve the community with a sound setup that is truly world class. The E46 M3 Competition holds a very special place in our hearts. It is such a brilliant little car but just lacked that perfect exhaust note. With this setup the car has no excuses. If you are interested in getting your car setup with this system, we have both the stainless and titanium in stock ready to ship. Let us know your thoughts or if you have any questions. We are here to help!

https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw...4b4ba0be&_ss=r

OEM HEADERS + STOCK SECTON 1 + STOCK SECTION 2 + VALVED SECTION 3

ACTIVE HEADERS + STOCK SECTON 1 + STOCK SECTION 2 + VALVED SECTION 3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 10:33 AM   #2
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Another important note:

We have seen some minor issues of the tips not being perfectly aligned. We are currently running a large sale due to this on the items. There is roughly a 1 inch difference in how far the tips stick out on driver vs passenger side. $600 OFF!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 02:06 PM   #3
MHead98
Registered
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 98’ & E46 M3 02’

Fantasic System!

I have had my valvetronic exhaust for my E46 since the day they lauched the product. I had been eagerly waiting for quite some time and I can say with certainty it was worth it!

I have used it in several different configurations. First with stock headers and stock midpipe, then with stock headers and an Agency Power Midpipe, and finally with Active Autowerke headers and stock midpipe. (The AA headers and Agency Power midpipe do not sound very good together.)You can listen to videos I took of all configurations though this link. My favorite is definitely with the AA headers because of the tone up at the top of the rev range. There is a slight amount of drone between 2-3k but worth the trade off for the V12 like note you get. Whichever configuration you go with will be a significant improvement over any other section 3 in the market today.

Lastly, the tips were slightly misaligned but with a drill bit, some tapping fluid and a little patience it's quite easy to correct. My system now looks like it left the factory but sounds a million times better.

Overall I would undoubtedly recommend this system to anyone with an E46 M3. It gives you sound flexibility that is not available with any other system and can be tailored, quite dramatically, depending on how you configure the rest of your exhaust. 10/10
Appreciate 0